Xiaomi Gateway available on the European server

Socialexandru

Members
Jul 26, 2018
I just saw that are two new categories in Mi home app: home security and Sensors. Anyway can check with a Chinese version if it works?
ae103c2f833b9cd3e5f0cd686f78a193.jpg
dad179b032a1f0a180f3e4f630813411.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi A2 mediante Tapatalk

Hi, you can get the European version via Amazon.es. Mine just arrived today, but with limited possibility to connect sensors. No Aquara support for now or any other sensors than the ones which are included in the set. I'm happy now to be able to connect to EU Server as my Roborock only works with EU Server.
5c0e8df0aae1daf130df7d0175df6b09.jpg
58b61418b43cbe6a1e2a8723cb5e3c61.jpg
e3ecc5fa83e0a47dc5059e664fd542c8.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

Chinese product are for China

EU products for EU...

It shouldn't be a surprise really :)

Chinese product are for China

EU products for EU...

It shouldn't be a surprise really :)

Yes. It is a surprise!
World is global. We buy online and there is no information about region compatibility issues, when we buy
Of course we buy on ebay or gearbest etc.. But xiaomi is aware of that. There should be no compatibility issues. The brand is the same
I was a big fan of the brand and now i am returning all items because i bought online several home appliances and they don't work with the same server
And I'm sorry to bother you with this issue, but the forum is the right place to discuss this. I dont care if we buy this products on xiaomi official website or on a general website. The forum is not xiaomi official ether...

Reactions: vsandu
Yes. It is a surprise!

You should do your research before making a purchase then.

World is global. We buy online and there is no information about region compatibility issues, when we buy
Of course we buy on ebay or ******* etc.. But xiaomi is aware of that. There should be no compatibility issues. The brand is the same

Obviously can't recall DVD regions and compatibility with other countries then right? The world being Global has NOTHING to do with it! You should check with the seller, dont blame anything on others when you have a measure of responsibility to check what you are buying is compatible with your country. Who blindly buys products without knowing they will work? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I was a big fan of the brand and now i am returning all items because i bought online several home appliances and they don't work with the same server

Well, researching prior to purchase would of helped on that issue!

And I'm sorry to bother you with this issue, but the forum is the right place to discuss this.

No need to apologise to me, the actual right place to vent at is the place you PURCHASED the products. We didn't sell you a lie or incompatible product via this forum!

I dont care if we buy this products on xiaomi official website or on a general website. The forum is not xiaomi official ether...

It's not official, but it is the longest running and highest reputation independent Xiaomi community in the world. We are one of the only forums who asked for authority to create this forum back in 2010. If that's your attitude then no wonder you perhaps failed the diligence test when making your purchases.

And where are we supposed to research?... As if Xiaomi spreads detailed information on their website..
I'm just buying bulbs.. Is not that I'm buying a car. It should be simple, a basic purchase.
I'm not complaining to you, do get it personal!!! I'm sharing with the community, as this is a real issue, and I see a lot of people with the same problem. Maybe some one would have a solution.
Xiaomi is aware we buy in other retailers other then the official one. It is not a surprise. The should be more informative, if they don't want us to buy in europe, chinese products. I can't see anywhere in the box that it should be used only in China, so don't be a moralist with us. And regarding DVD's... there's a reason we don't use them anymore. PROGRESS!

You should do your research before making a purchase then.

Obviously can't recall DVD regions and compatibility with other countries then right? The world being Global has NOTHING to do with it! You should check with the seller, dont blame anything on others when you have a measure of responsibility to check what you are buying is compatible with your country. Who blindly buys products without knowing they will work? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Well, researching prior to purchase would of helped on that issue!

No need to apologise to me, the actual right place to vent at is the place you PURCHASED the products. We didn't sell you a lie or incompatible product via this forum!

It's not official, but it is the longest running and highest reputation independent Xiaomi community in the world. We are one of the only forums who asked for authority to create this forum back in 2010. If that's your attitude then no wonder you perhaps failed the diligence test when making your purchases.

Reactions: vsandu
And where are we supposed to research?... As if Xiaomi spreads detailed information on their website..
I'm just buying bulbs.. Is not that I'm buying a car. It should be simple, a basic purchase.

The clue should be that they have no official sales channel for that particular set of products! So if you only see them in 3rd party sites and not the mi.com site then you should safely assume they are not compatible. China is the first market for any new product launch.

I'm not complaining to you, do get it personal!!! I'm sharing with the community, as this is a real issue, and I see a lot of people with the same problem. Maybe some one would have a solution.

I wasn't complaining at you, or taking it personally.. Simply stating logical facts. The Solution as you ask is not to buy products which are not available on official sales channels.

Xiaomi is aware we buy in other retailers other then the official one. It is not a surprise. The should be more informative, if they don't want us to buy in europe, chinese products. I can't see anywhere in the box that it should be used only in China, so don't be a moralist with us.

A moralist? no, the boxes typically state mainland china only or perhaps you can't actually read the small print Chinese? The lack of a CE marking should also be a straight giveaway! If you buy products not compatible for Europe then send them back to the seller... You only have yourself to blame for your pursuit of these products by not doing some checking before you blindly purchase.

And regarding DVD's... there's a reason we don't use them anymore. PROGRESS!

Regarding DVDs I was simply highlighting the same blocking principal which was used on them as a new product years ago. It's perfectly fair and reasonable for Xiaomi to protect a product for a single market if that's what they want to do... Be it for Support or other reasons.

Hi,

Sorry to get back to you @MarkHUK, but I guess you might understand what's happening.
Now I'm doing everything right, I guess.
I bought some Yeelight bulbs, European version (box has CE markings). I add it to yeelight app on german version, no problem. But Mi app (german server) does not recognize it...
Yeelight and Xiaomi.. I don't know if they are the same company but I understand they work together. At least they share the login data...
help.. please...

The clue should be that they have no official sales channel for that particular set of products! So if you only see them in 3rd party sites and not the mi.com site then you should safely assume they are not compatible. China is the first market for any new product launch.

I wasn't complaining at you, or taking it personally.. Simply stating logical facts. The Solution as you ask is not to buy products which are not available on official sales channels.

A moralist? no, the boxes typically state mainland china only or perhaps you can't actually read the small print Chinese? The lack of a CE marking should also be a straight giveaway! If you buy products not compatible for Europe then send them back to the seller... You only have yourself to blame for your pursuit of these products by not doing some checking before you blindly purchase.

Regarding DVDs I was simply highlighting the same blocking principal which was used on them as a new product years ago. It's perfectly fair and reasonable for Xiaomi to protect a product for a single market if that's what they want to do... Be it for Support or other reasons.

Hi,

Sorry to get back to you @MarkHUK, but I guess you might understand what's happening.
Now I'm doing everything right, I guess.
I bought some Yeelight bulbs, European version (box has CE markings). I add it to yeelight app on german version, no problem. But Mi app (german server) does not recognize it...
Yeelight and Xiaomi.. I don't know if they are the same company but I understand they work together. At least they share the login data...
help.. please...
Try another EU server?