Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

Hi, my brother got a new hongmi wcdma yesterday.
It ran miui 3.11.18 multi, it was already rooted and had mobileuncle apk already stored in the memory (I asked some of my friends who purchased the hongmi and confirmed that they also have the apk in memory).
So we installed the apk, change the recovery with the cwm (it was in english), did the wipes and flashed the last stable 5.0.
Everything went fine, except it has no root now, but we already knew since we read this forum.

Now the problem is that cwm is disappeared and there's the stock chiniese recovery.

What can I do now? I need root to flash the cwm again but there's no root for stable 5.0 and vroot doesn't work :(

Hello !
Something similar happened to me
I dont have root after upgrade to stabie 5.0
Vroot failed
Is there any other way to root

Thanks!

So now I have to go through SPFlash and restore the original system and then repeat all the steps, including flashing root.zip

you have not done things properly and as explained here in the forum.

On my last post, I have posted a link for a thread I created in MiuiPortugal forum describing the rooting procedure of version V5.0 based on the explanitions found here:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...d-wcdma-full-working.22953/page-5#post-192365

You have all you need, including the files in the above link and also in my link of MiuiPortugal forum ;)

Basically what you need is:
- to flash an older version of the firmaware-
- root with vRoot
- Install CWM recovery with Mobileuncle app
- go to CWM and Flash the newest firmware 5.0 on top of the previous one and withour any wipes.
- still on CWM and immediatly after flashing th 5.0 firmware, Flash the root.zip file.
- Reboot go to Google Play and Downloa de SuperSU app. DONE!

On version 5.0 you have the paid apps bug.
See the procedure to correct this situation on my MiuiPortugal Link.

Reactions: ale_gallagher
you have not done things properly and as explained here in the forum.

On my last post, I have posted a link for a thread I created in MiuiPortugal forum describing the rooting procedure of version V5.0 based on the explanitions found here:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...d-wcdma-full-working.22953/page-5#post-192365

You have all you need, including the files in the above link and also in my link of MiuiPortugal forum ;)

Basically what you need is:
- to flash an older version of the firmaware-
- root with vRoot
- Install CWM recovery with Mobileuncle app
- go to CWM and Flash the newest firmware 5.0 on top of the previous one and withour any wipes.
- still on CWM and immediatly after flashing th 5.0 firmware, Flash the root.zip file.
- Reboot go to Google Play and Downloa de SuperSU app. DONE!

On version 5.0 you have the paid apps bug.
See the procedure to correct this situation on my MiuiPortugal Link.
And if I have V5 on my phone?

Yes, it worked for me.

Follow pjovp's instructions in post #387.

For the first step just follow the procedure with SPFlash tool (it will flash an only english-chinese miui)

http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...and-lost-imei-baseband-by-spflash-tool.23188/

and then root with vRoot and so on.

When you have finished and rebooted your phone you can easily uninstall all chinese apps you don't need.
Remember then you'll lose the CWM recovery, but you can run mobileuncle (you have root now) and install the CWM again.

I installed this stable v5 but i have forgotten installed the stable_root.zip in CWM.
Can I root this v5 with other method?
If you have CWM you can still install xxxroot.zip with CWM.

Gesendet von meinem 2013023 mit Tapatalk

guys, are these values correct?
Should the phone have 4GB internat space?

8b6u.jpg

Thanks

I have another hongmi to update with stable 5.0, this time I won't foret to flash root.zip before rebooting :)
This hongmi has also miui 3.11.18 already rooted, so I can start from installing CWM through mobileuncle app.

Question: do I have to flash immediatly the stable 5.0 over the 3.11.18 without any wipe or should I do at least a wipe cache?

hello have a problem, i have rooted my hongmi and install mobileuncle apps but i cant go to recovery mode. i update the cwm for wcdma version in the first post.