Xiaomi Hongmi TD + WCDMA CWM+ROOT Guide

hello have a problem, i have rooted my hongmi and install mobileuncle apps but i cant go to recovery mode. i update the cwm for wcdma version in the first post.
updater app - menu - reboot to recovery

Last night try man recovery but only this one work. But i dont know wich one i now have. Can i update the rom with this
IMG_20140110_131257.jpg
recovery?

Yes you can.. Via updater app - install zip... CWM or Root is not needed for rom update anymore ...

~Tapatalk~

I forgot to do data/factory reset when i flashed 5.0 rom, now i can't reboot into recovery mode since i lost root and vRoot is not working for 5.0 rom so what now ?

I forgot to do data/factory reset when i flashed 5.0 rom, now i can't reboot into recovery mode since i lost root and vRoot is not working for 5.0 rom so what now ?
try update vroot

Hi, what exactly is included in the full cleaning (full wipe) ?
Wipe Data/factory reset and Wipe cache partition, or or something else ?
Soon I will have Hongmi and I want to truly understand ;)

I'am seeing a lot of people have problems loosing root with the V5 ROM.
I see su and busybox are included in the rom.
SO, I'am curious about the technical reason(s) why this is happening.
Can somebody explain what the reason is of loosing root ?
I also saw a root.zip (with su, busybox and supersu) somewhere. Why is it not enough or possible to just flash this with CWM ?

I'am just trying to understand this.

I haven't lost for with v5.
Also vroot didn't work with latest build.
Had to flash an older firmware, root it with vroot and then upgrade to v5 and applying the root.zip method.
Worked like a charm

I haven't lost for with v5.
Also vroot didn't work with latest build.
Had to flash an older firmware, root it with vroot and then upgrade to v5 and applying the root.zip method.
Worked like a charm

But why installing first older firmware ?
We have already CWM on device. Why not just flash root.zip ?
(just try to understand technical reason for this)

Guys, try install Mi-Tools via app WSM Tools.
Theres so many things you can do to customise the appearance. Just try it and I'm sure you will like.

Android version 4.2.2 HM2013023
Miui version MIUI-JHBCNAL5.0
Then want to to start with this

INSTALLATION

1. Allow USB Debugging - 7x tap on Settings - About Phone - Android version

2. Go to Developer options and turn ON USB debugging

3. Install to your PC vROOT, run it (maybe will ask for some update) and connect your phone to PC (if drivers will be needed, just install them)

First time I was able to root the device but havn't got it total right after that suddently the root has vaniced. And now I if i connect the phone , the cards are be showed sd0 sd1 but in the system settings the Hongmi drivers are not installed.
The above mentioned driver do nothing.
So i cannot root the phone .
Is there a solution , just also try Framaroot without luck.
After some problems I was able to get the enlish stock rom back, then use vroot and i got the machine rooted.
I am glad but then install the multilingual rom and after that te root was gone and whatever I try with Vroot i couldnt get it rooted so now i see all the adds which i dont want cannot change the gps pool etc

Last edited:
many people asks how to root v5.0 and this was explained over and over.
You can't root this last firware with vRoot or Frameroot.
read few of my posts back and you will find a solution.
You most probably will have a link to miuiportugal web site where I have created a Tut. Use google translater if you don't understand the language of the gods, Portuguese :)

Also, see here http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/192365 post #98
That was the post that helped me understand.

Reactions: MarkHUK
Hi, this is my first Xiaomi HongMi and I'm having the issue that it will not start into the recovery mode.
I've got root and everything works fine until I Reboot into recovery mode.

According to the screen print I should get the Recovery Options, BUT the Phone just boots normally. I have done this over and over again with the different recovery.img from this thread, but no luck so far.

How do I boot into recovery correctly, to be able to intall the desired MIUI?

Thank a lot for your help.

Hi, this is my first Xiaomi HongMi and I'm having the issue that it will not start into the recovery mode.
I've got root and everything works fine until I Reboot into recovery mode.

According to the screen print I should get the Recovery Options, BUT the Phone just boots normally. I have done this over and over again with the different recovery.img from this thread, but no luck so far.

How do I boot into recovery correctly, to be able to intall the desired MIUI?

Thank a lot for your help.
How did you try to get into recovery?
Did you check if you have a fake HongMi? Lower screen resolution is the most frequent indicator.
Which version of MIUI is currently installed?

Gesendet von meinem 2013023 mit Tapatalk

Or you can also download quickboot app from the market and reboot in recovery.
If still reboot normally then something's up

I would like to understand why Xiaomi updates all their devices at once always leaving Red Rice for last and always takes days/weeks for the correspondent update

I would like to understand why Xiaomi updates all their devices at once always leaving Red Rice for last and always takes days/weeks for the correspondent update

I have the same question...and I suppose I have the answer.

Because Hongmi is a cheap budget device and it is the first of the Xiaomi line, based on MTK chipset. Xiaomi simply doesn't have the experience and capacity to release stable ROM every week for different platforms. And, as expected, it sacrifies the cheapest one.

I have the same question...and I suppose I have the answer.

Because Hongmi is a cheap budget device and it is the first of the Xiaomi line, based on MTK chipset. Xiaomi simply doesn't have the experience and capacity to release stable ROM every week for different platforms. And, as expected, it sacrifies the cheapest one.
This might develop to go off topic.
I have the same suspicions. Also they need to catch up porting the features and fixes which are already available for the other models like MI2. Additionally they are already working on V6 of MIUI.
But one new stable release per month is already much better compared to other vendors!!!!!

Gesendet von meinem 2013023 mit Tapatalk

I love miui, for me, loving the Rom and the respective constant updates was what convinced me to buy an official Xiaomi. I'm a bit sad with their attitude regarding this phone...
Glad we have several communities doing what xiaomi was meant to do, in favour to all red rice users. For this I thank miuiandroid/xiaomi.eu
Sorry for the off-topic