- Oct 31, 2011
There has been some interesting news posted today by Xiaomi and I thought I would share it with everyone. Some of this news is very interesting and will define MIUI in 2013.
- MIUI 4.0 will be retired and only devices with Android 4.1 support will be supported.
- Since there are only 5 people porting at Xiaomi, they will move to only supporting one to two high models from popular manufacturers. This means less ROMs and more stability
- "We will open the low-level code." -> Directly from Xiaomi. This is huge. This could eliminate 99% of the issues that occur when porting. Then we can easily bring MIUI to any device that has AOKP/CM support.
- There will be more MIUI ROM contests for Unofficial MIUI developers. More prizes for the people that deserve em
- It will be a good new year. This changes are said to take place after the Spring Festival (Feb 2013).