Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra can't create 6GHz hotspot

SnN Day :)

Members
Jun 19, 2024
Hi, I'm using Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra on HyperOS.eu stable 1.0.2.0 rooted by magisk 27.0 and my phone can't create 6GHz hotspot. And by the way when I check compatibility in VPN Hotspot it doesn't show 6GHz band support (check the screenshot). By the way, the wifi analyzer app tells that "My device may not recognize 6GHz Wi-Fi". Wi-Fi and all the wireless stuff works no problem.

WHAT I TRIED:
Change regions to Denmark, USA, UK, Germany, South Korea (each change with Wi-Fi reboot) - No effect
Changing hotspot in VPN Hotspot directly to WPA3 (and each type of it) and setting 6GHz band manually (also tried with 2.4/6GHz, 2.4/5/6GHz) - No effect

I know that my phone DOES support Wi-Fi 6E (at least in specs) and will be very thankful for your help. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-04-17-09-31-393_abdelrahman.wifianalyzerpro.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-04-17-09-31-393_abdelrahman.wifianalyzerpro.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_2024-07-04-17-10-12-853_be.mygod.vpnhotspot.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-04-17-10-12-853_be.mygod.vpnhotspot.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 79
After a great research I've found out that Wi-Fi is made that way it gets a location from nearest access points (further as APs) around you and automatically blocks some illegal bands for your device. You device MAY actually support it, but it will NOT be listed because of that! It may apply even to the latest (by the time I'm writing it) iPhone 15, Galaxy S24, Xiaomi 14 and so on lineups. On iPhones you can disable that prevention somehow, but for Androids... you might as well, but it seems you can't for Xiaomi.

Yep, that's the caveat ngl

SOLUTIONS (NOT FOR EVERYONE):
First solution of opening 6GHz band for your device is manually connecting to 6GHz AP if you have one at home. It won't be listed, but add it manually via settings. You should be able to connect to it since all 6GHz networks have US region. After that your device should recognize 6GHz networks automatically and show them in the list.

Second solution is obviously going into other country xd