Xiaomi Mi 11 Wireless charging slow

TechIm512

Members
Apr 21, 2021
I've purchased the official Xiaomi 55w wireless charger and despite my best efforts I have not been able to get it charging at full speed.

Initially it was because I was using the 55w charger included with the mi 11 so I tried a 65w charger I had which was even worse, so I purchased the official Xiaomi 65w charger (MDY11-EB).

After using this charger and the included cable, and an adapter with higher current rating it's better but still slow.

I'm getting 50% in 32 mins should be 30 mins 76% like at 1:32 of this wireless charging video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello. I have the same problem, and literally just created an account on this forum, to share my story and hopefully get som answers.
Had a Mi 11 for 9 days. Had to RMA it after using the included 55W charger with the official 55W wireless charger, as the charger could no longer charge the phone via usb - it was stuck in a loop of charge/stop. Wireless worked though.

But i have a new Mi 11 now and this time i bought the 65W GaN xiaomi charger, and still it charges slow.
It's like I'm maxed out at 6A charging current, which drops by 50% after reaching around 40% battery.
Using the included 55W charger i can get around 9,5A charge current via USB.

Note that i don't have a fancy usb power meter. All my charging data is pulled from AccuBattery.
The wireless charger was bought from this seller. It was very hard to find an online shop where they actually sell this charger, hence ebay.

Also take this as a hard bump. This thread needs more attention.

Edit:

I'm on global 12.5.

Last edited:
Hello. I have the same problem, and literally just created an account on this forum, to share my story and hopefully get som answers.
Had a Mi 11 for 9 days. Had to RMA it after using the included 55W charger with the official 55W wireless charger, as the charger could no longer charge the phone via usb - it was stuck in a loop of charge/stop. Wireless worked though.

But i have a new Mi 11 now and this time i bought the 65W GaN xiaomi charger, and still it charges slow.
It's like I'm maxed out at 6A charging current, which drops by 50% after reaching around 40% battery.
Using the included 55W charger i can get around 9,5A charge current via USB.

Note that i don't have a fancy usb power meter. All my charging data is pulled from AccuBattery.
The wireless charger was bought from this seller. It was very hard to find an online shop where they actually sell this charger, hence ebay.

Also take this as a hard bump. This thread needs more attention.
Thanks for responding, and sorry to hear you have the same issue.

I tried another wireless charger which arrived yesterday and unfortunately the same issue persists. This leads me to believe that there is some kind of software limitation on the EU ROM or potentially global ROM as a whole on the wireless charging.
Its extremely unlikely it's a hardware issue since I tried 2 wireless chargers, and you have had 2 different Mi 11 phones.

Unfortunately I don't have any solution as of yet, hopefully someone else might.

Last edited:
Thanks for responding, and sorry to hear you have the same issue.

I tried another wireless charger which arrived yesterday and unfortunately the same issue persists. This leads me to believe that there is some kind of software limitation on the EU ROM or potentially global ROM as a whole on the wireless charging.
Its extremely unlikely it's a hardware issue since I tried 2 wireless chargers, and you have had 2 different Mi 11 phones.

Unfortunately I don't have any solution as of yet, hopefully someone else might.
It's not a Rom issue, Venus on stable charges full speed, Star on weekly too, I can't confirm your issues with both of my phones!

Regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

It's not a Rom issue, Venus on stable charges full speed, Star on weekly too, I can't confirm your issues with both of my phones!

Regards.

You've got a mi 11 ultra, so that uses a different wireless charger

You've got a mi 11 ultra, so that uses a different wireless charger
Whut?

But both phones using the same charger...

3eb2020b4a7e8b2dd6d2875c223fe506.jpg

I guess the key is the charger and the cable, don't blame the device or the Rom.

Regards.

From own experience I would second the focus on the cable:

I charge my Mi11U on the Xiaomi 55W Charger with the Xiaomi 67W Brick and the Xiaomi cable that came with it - with this I achieve 55W charging with no issue.

Recently I wanted to use one of those fancy cables with a display measuring the actual charging power. Even though the cable is specified for 100W charging it seems it doesn't support the Xiaomi charging, with this cable the charging falls back to much slower speed. The same happens with a cheap USB-C cable from Amazon...

Whut?

3eb2020b4a7e8b2dd6d2875c223fe506.jpg

I guess the key is the charger and the cable, don't blame the device or the Rom.

Regards.

So except from the "67W MAX" in your display, have you actually measured the charging current you're getting either through accubattery or USB power meter?

Also you're comparing an ultra with a standard mi 11. They have different batteries and most likely completely different charge circuitry and slightly modified miui rom. Are you on global, eu or china?

Anyway, I'm 100% sure the "67W" shown in your display is a lie, as the charger is limited to 55W. Mine says "mi turbocharge" in the display as well, but the highest charge current I've managed to hold for about 30 seconds is 6500mA (6.5A*5V=32.5W). It changes to around 4000mA (20W) after a few minutes.

Charging cabled directly to the mi 11, gives me around 9000mA (45W) charge current.

Cabled charge current should be 11.000mA to get 55W.
Wireless should be 10.000mA to get 50W.

I'm using the Xiaomi 67W GaN charger with the included cable.

All charging data pulled from the accubattery app.

So except from the "67W MAX" in your display, have you actually measured the charging current you're getting either through accubattery or USB power meter?

Also you're comparing an ultra with a standard mi 11. They have different batteries and most likely completely different charge circuitry and slightly modified miui rom. Are you on global, eu or china?

Anyway, I'm 100% sure the "67W" shown in your display is a lie, as the charger is limited to 55W. Mine says "mi turbocharge" in the display as well, but the highest charge current I've managed to hold for about 30 seconds is 6500mA (6.5A*5V=32.5W). It changes to around 4000mA (20W) after a few minutes.

Charging with same cable in the Xiaomi 67W charger, gives me around 9000mA (45W) charge current.

Mate, im using 120 watt charger attached to 80 Watt wireless charger, the phone draws 6.1 Ampere @ 11 Volts, so it's real plus the device is charged in no time...

The regular MI 11 draws 5 Ampere which adds up to 55 watts.

Why don't you just believe it?

Regards

Charging cabled directly to the mi 11, gives me around 9000mA (45W) charge current.

I'm using the Xiaomi 67W GaN charger with the included cable.

On the picture is wireless charging on Mi11Ultra. For Mi11pro / Ultra, both support wireless charging up to 67W. To use the 67W charging capacity, you must use the 80W wireless charger with the 120W charger (the full Xiaomi wireless charger will be included)
This is device (Mi11Pro - xiaomi.eu rom)

Mate, im using 120 watt charger attached to 80 Watt wireless charger, the phone draws 6.1 Ampere @ 11 Volts, so it's real plus the device is charged in no time...

Firstly, you're replying to a Mi 11 issue - notice no ULTRA in the title.
Secondly, from a phone's perspective the charge voltage is 5V, hence the high amps. Again you haven't told me how you measure it.

Whut?

Well, according to your most recent reply:
Mate, im using 120 watt charger attached to 80 Watt wireless charger,
....no, were not using the same chargers.

Again:
- This is a Mi 11 issue
- Mi 11 cable/wireless max charge power is 55W/50W
- I am using the 55W wireless charge "dock" as seen in the video in #1 post.
- I am powering the dock with the xiaomi GaN 67W charger and included cable.

Why don't you just believe it?
Because there's nothing to believe. You're not using the same equipment.
You're comparing apples to bananas.

I charge my Mi11U on the Xiaomi 55W Charger with the Xiaomi 67W Brick and the Xiaomi cable that came with it - with this I achieve 55W charging with no issue.
Have you measured the power to confirm? AccuBattery ie..

Secondly, from a phone's perspective the charge voltage is 5V, hence the high amps. Again you haven't told me how you measure it.

Again:
- This is a Mi 11 issue

Nope since my son has the regulare Mi 11 (Venus)

As soon as he's back from school ill show you screen and measures, he's using .eu stable.

Give me an hour.

Reactions: hoangsang

Again:
- This is a Mi 11 issue

What exactly is your issue here? That the phone is not charging constantly on 55W?

The phone never charges continuously at the maximum capacity port. Usually it is divided into several stages. For example, the first 50% will charge at maximum, then gradually reduce the capacity. This is to ensure battery life and limit fire.

The phone never charges continuously at the maximum capacity port. Usually it is divided into several stages. For example, the first 50% will charge at maximum, then gradually reduce the capacity. This is to ensure battery life and limit fire.
Exactly my point, I was trying to understand the issue.

I am aware of this. My issue is that i never see more than 32,5W being pulled. That goes for any percentage between 1-100%.
I have tried with and without the included cover on. No real changes here.

No, I just went by the displayed charging speed by the ROM....
I don't see this showed on my phone. All i see is "Mi Turbo Charge" being displayed when fast charging. Be it wireless or cabled.

I'll take it you're not on global rom? (I am.)

I am aware of this. My issue is that i never see more than 32,5W being pulled. That goes for any percentage between 1-100%.
I have tried with and without the included cover on. No real changes here.
How much time do you need to fully charge the battery (20->100%). When I used Mi11 before, I needed 35->40 minutes

How much time do you need to fully charge the battery (20->100%). When I used Mi11 before, I needed 35->40 minutes

I'm gonna run a test later from around 20% to 100% and let AccuBattery log the event. I've recently installed AccuBattery so I don't have any logs to show atm unfortunately.

EDIT:

Wan't me to run it with or without cover on?

I don't see this showed on my phone. All i see is "Mi Turbo Charge" being displayed when fast charging. Be it wireless or cabled.
I'll take it you're not on global rom? (I am.)

No, I'm on Xiaomi.EU weekly - what I see on the 55W Xiaomi Wireless Charger is this (strangely enough also not 55W. but its still pretty fast ;) )....

Last edited:
Reactions: nicolajkl
Here is the results:

Charged 83% in 1h 15m, avg. 2977mA, without cover.
The phone stood in the charger during the whole period. I've only used it a couple times for 2FA approvals, while keeping it in the charger.

For good measure the specs one more time:
- Mi 11
- 67W GaN Xiaomi charger + included cable
- Xiaomi 55W wireless vertical charger

@hoangsang

Last edited:
Okay Folks, here are the result for Venus:

Charger

c9588a1d7ec6a9dc05a3630ccc8cb0a7.jpg

Wireless:

f14752fc799686cbd36f6496b3b80a42.jpg

Wired:

255202bab84a7668832984eb9ee11500.jpg

aaabd3603e3bdb3a4eb93414ed6b937f.jpg

I need to upgrade the Rom it's still from March on this device. So the 50 Watt Max ist not yet in the Rom (latest battery management)

Regards

Okay Folks, here are the result for Venus:

Charger

c9588a1d7ec6a9dc05a3630ccc8cb0a7.jpg

Wireless:

f14752fc799686cbd36f6496b3b80a42.jpg

Wired:

255202bab84a7668832984eb9ee11500.jpg

aaabd3603e3bdb3a4eb93414ed6b937f.jpg

I need to upgrade the Rom it's still from March on this device. So the 50 Watt Max ist not yet in the Rom (latest battery management)

Regards

What wireless charger are you using?