Xiaomi Mi 11 Wireless charging slow

I am beginning to think this might be a "Global" thing. Seems like you all are getting different results on EU rom. Strangely enough, the phone is bought and shipped within the EU, and for some reason it shipped with global rom lol.

Do you guys know if I void my warranty by unlocking the bootloader and flashing the EU rom?

EDIT:
I know you probably gonna say it aint the global rom causing the issue. Nontheless I wanna change anyways, so I can get rid of the ads and get some other features which isn't included in the global rom.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think this might be a "Global" thing. Seems like you all are getting different results on EU rom. Strangely enough, the phone is bought and shipped within the EU, and for some reason it shipped with global rom lol.

Do you guys know if I void my warranty by unlocking the bootloader and flashing the EU rom?

EDIT:
I know you probably gonna say it aint the global rom causing the issue. Nontheless I wanna change anyways, so I can get rid of the ads and get some other features which isn't included in the global rom.
Yes, your warranty will be void while you are using a custom ROM even though the EU ROM is approved by Xiaomi EU supplier ABC Data unless you bought it from them . But you can always flash the latest global back on and lock the bootloader again ( the EU version will not allow relocking as there is no need. The ROM behaves as if it is locked).

Here is the results:
View attachment 37773

Charged 83% in 1h 15m, avg. 2977mA, without cover.
The phone stood in the charger during the whole period. I've only used it a couple times for 2FA approvals, while keeping it in the charger.

For good measure the specs one more time:
- Mi 11
- 67W GaN Xiaomi charger + included cable
- Xiaomi 55W wireless vertical charger

@hoangsang
@
hoangsang You asked for this. Do you have any comments on it, or? :p

Yes, your warranty will be void while you are using a custom ROM even though the EU ROM is approved by Xiaomi EU supplier ABC Data unless you bought it from them . But you can always flash the latest global back on and lock the bootloader again ( the EU version will not allow relocking as there is no need. The ROM behaves as if it is locked).
Xiaomi said in a statement that the warranty is won't void when u unlock and use custom rom.
But when u brick it while flash warranty is will be void

Here is the results:
View attachment 37773

Charged 83% in 1h 15m, avg. 2977mA, without cover.
The phone stood in the charger during the whole period. I've only used it a couple times for 2FA approvals, while keeping it in the charger.

For good measure the specs one more time:
- Mi 11
- 67W GaN Xiaomi charger + included cable
- Xiaomi 55W wireless vertical charger

@hoangsang
I assume your charger has a problem. You should change to another charger. Yesterday I tried to charge Mi11Pro with 55W charger (Mi11's) and it took me 50 minutes to fully charge the battery (15-100%)

You mean the wall adapter that came with the mi 11? Is that strong enough to power the wireless charger?
That right. I assume your wall charger has a problem. If you are afraid that the 55W charger is not enough power for the wireless charging dock (50W), you use the 120W charger. But I think you should change another 67W charger.

Also, can you take a detailed picture of your charger (wall pin) for me to see? I have seen a lot of fake chargers but still got Mi Turbor :D

I have seen a lot of fake chargers
It's bought from one of the bigger danish electronicstores, I'm pretty sure this isn't a fake. Google Xiaomi 67W GaN. It's one of their newest.

I'm not gonna test with the included adapter, as I've just got my mi 11 back from a charging issue which occured after using the included adapter with the wireless charger. If anything should be a fake, my bet is on the wireless charger as that is bought via ebay. I'm gonna upload pictures of both the dock and the adapter tomorrow.

Reactions: hoangsang
It's bought from one of the bigger danish electronicstores, I'm pretty sure this isn't a fake. Google Xiaomi 67W GaN. It's one of their newest.

I'm not gonna test with the included adapter, as I've just got my mi 11 back from a charging issue which occured after using the included adapter with the wireless charger. If anything should be a fake, my bet is on the wireless charger as that is bought via ebay. I'm gonna upload pictures of both the dock and the adapter tomorrow.

These 3 chargers are all 67W chargers that come with Mi11Pro. :)

Apparently the pictures were too big to be uploaded here. Here's an imgur album:
Fixed.

I've been saying 67W this whole time, It's the 65W model, my apologies.
Note: the 65W charger, charges fine directly via USB-C (around 9000-9500mAh)
@hoangsang

WZutunR.jpeg

LAplbwV.jpeg

hoh4HVf.jpeg

7KxboWv.jpeg

EDIT:
@Karpfenhai
Where did you buy your 80W wireless charger? I can only find it from sketchy sellers on ebay?

Last edited:
Apparently the pictures were too big to be uploaded here. Here's an imgur album:
Fixed.

I've been saying 67W this whole time, It's the 65W model, my apologies.
Note: the 65W charger, charges fine directly via USB-C (around 9000-9500mAh)
@hoangsang

EDIT:
@Karpfenhai
Where did you buy your 80W wireless charger? I can only find it from sketchy sellers on ebay?
Mi Store official in Europe, but i got mine from Ali.

a8dd93cfc7db03369966184c9855fe1d.jpg

They are almost everywhere now, gear..best bang..good and such.

Regards

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

I've purchased the official Xiaomi 55w wireless charger and despite my best efforts I have not been able to get it charging at full speed.

Initially it was because I was using the 55w charger included with the mi 11 so I tried a 65w charger I had which was even worse, so I purchased the official Xiaomi 65w charger (MDY11-EB).

After using this charger and the included cable, and an adapter with higher current rating it's better but still slow.

I'm getting 50% in 32 mins should be 30 mins 76% like at 1:32 of this wireless charging video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
you won't believe how I solved this..I removed the stand thats included in the wireless charger..the little thing that props up the phone..i think that stand was designed for the mi 10 ultra..the location of the coil on mi 11 is differente from that phone..i easily get up 5-7.5 amps of charging now after removing that little thing..

you won't believe how I solved this..I removed the stand thats included in the wireless charger..the little thing that props up the phone..i think that stand was designed for the mi 10 ultra..the location of the coil on mi 11 is differente from that phone..i easily get up 5-7.5 amps of charging now after removing that little thing..
No way, I can't believe I returned the previous charger over this. Why don't Xiaomi say about this and why didn't I think of that. It worked, you actual legend! Thank you so much.

I didn't realise this thread took off, but just saying as the op to those who hijacked the thread with their mi 11 ultra and pro wireless charging stories this isn't relevant to you.
As many people have said, it's a different phone with likely a different wireless charging coil, as well as it using a completely different wireless charger of higher wattage and different design.

thanks again @LotSky19 from my side I consider this as the solution for the STANDARD Mi 11 wireless charging speed NOT ULTRA or PRO

No way, I can't believe I returned the previous charger over this. Why don't Xiaomi say about this and why didn't I think of that. It worked, you actual legend! Thank you so much.

I didn't realise this thread took off, but just saying as the op to those who hijacked the thread with their mi 11 ultra and pro wireless charging stories this isn't relevant to you.
As many people have said, it's a different phone with likely a different wireless charging coil, as well as it using a completely different wireless charger of higher wattage and different design.

thanks again @LotSky19 from my side I consider this as the solution for the STANDARD Mi 11 wireless charging speed NOT ULTRA or PRO
It was a stroke of pure luck, first I tried taking off my case. That increased my charging rate to 4A, maybe because it lowered the phone a bit and much better contact with the charging coil. Tried sticking the phone sideways to the actual charging pad and got 7.5A that's when I got the idea to remove the freaking stand. Xiaomi must have known this and informed the owners. Spread the word to our fellow Mi 11 wireless charging peeps. Hope they see this solution too.

Reactions: TechIm512
It was a stroke of pure luck, first I tried taking off my case. That increased my charging rate to 4A, maybe because it lowered the phone a bit and much better contact with the charging coil. Tried sticking the phone sideways to the actual charging pad and got 7.5A that's when I got the idea to remove the freaking stand. Xiaomi must have known this and informed the owners. Spread the word to our fellow Mi 11 wireless charging peeps. Hope they see this solution too.
I think I may have spoken too soon. Removing the stand made a difference as the current does actually reach much higher levels, which shows on the Accu battery app compared to previously, in addition to the USB current meter I have(it gets up to 40w) not far off from 50w.

However, this seems to be momentary as the time to charge the phone is exactly the same as previously. Leading me to once again believe that it may be a software thing

Hello everyone,

First of all thank you to everyone who responds on this forum.

My Mi11 Ultra is my first Xiaomi phone so I am checking out this forum.

To contribute to the question, it seems that there is a software bug with the fast load.

Let me explain, I bought the original xiaomi 80W wireless + 120w charger, at the beginning, when wireless charging, it indicated "67w max", by plugging it in with the cable and the 120W charger, it is inscribed "MI turbo charge".

After several wireless charges it no longer indicated "67w max", the ampere application mentioned a max load around 1840mA.

After several attempts by trying to place the phone on the charger, horizontally and vertically, by trying to raise it on the support, after having tried several solutions, I had the idea to turn it off and put it on charge on the wireless charger.

The charger fan immediately started and fast charging seemed to have returned.

So I turned the phone back on after a few minutes and voila, it again told me "67w max"

So here is my feedback with the 80W + 120W wireless charger.

The 80W wireless charger supports the 67w max.
120w wired charger does not support 67w max.

For info, I'm on the xiaomi.eu 12.5.12 rom.

I've purchased the official Xiaomi 55w wireless charger and despite my best efforts I have not been able to get it charging at full speed.

Initially it was because I was using the 55w charger included with the mi 11 so I tried a 65w charger I had which was even worse, so I purchased the official Xiaomi 65w charger (MDY11-EB).

After using this charger and the included cable, and an adapter with higher current rating it's better but still slow.

I'm getting 50% in 32 mins should be 30 mins 76% like at 1:32 of this wireless charging video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Did it ever occur to you that these ads/promotional videos are produced in lab with the outimum situation? Imean whens the last time you went to Burger King or McDonalds and the burger you got at the resteraunt looked exactly like thone one in the ad?

Reactions: Houta and LOLO9393
you won't believe how I solved this..I removed the stand thats included in the wireless charger
It even says that the stand is only for the Mi 10. I haven't used this myself, and I still don't see charge currents higher than 6 amperes.

I have the 80w wireless charger, and my phone always says 50w max, not 67, why is that?

For this to work you need the 80W wireless charger + 120w charger, with the original cable.

Make sure you have activated fast wireless charging in the battery settings.

If that doesn't work, the following solution worked for me:

Turn off your phone, and charge it wirelessly for a few minutes, the wireless charger fan should start, let it charge for a few minutes, then you can turn your phone back on.

The original question in this thread was regarding the Xiaomi 11 - NOT the pro and NOT the ultra. So could we PLEASE change the title to "Venus" perhaps? @moderators

It's been 5 months since the question got asked and still not a single satisfying answer yet.

To sumarize:
- Venus (Mi 11)
- 55W official wireless charger