Xiaomi mi 8 "It's not allowed to upgrade to unofficial rom package"

kujowinze

Members
Jul 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I reciently bought the phone and I saw that my gps signal is so bad and researching I saw that I should use this eu version. I flashed the phone with flashtool, I tryed to use pcsuite but it doesn't work...

I introduce the v10 version (I downloaded here v10 xiaomi mi8 version) into my phone and I get warned "It's not allowed to upgrade to unofficial rom package".

How can I install that version?

Hi guys,

I reciently bought the phone and I saw that my gps signal is so bad and researching I saw that I should use this eu version. I flashed the phone with flashtool, I tryed to use pcsuite but it doesn't work...

I introduce the v10 version (I downloaded here v10 xiaomi mi8 version) into my phone and I get warned "It's not allowed to upgrade to unofficial rom package".

How can I install that version?
Have you unlocked the phone (so the bootloader) and installed TWRP recovery?

Have you unlocked the phone (so the bootloader) and installed TWRP recovery?

Yeah my phone is already unlocked, but I didn't install TWRP recovery, I saw a few tutorials and that people don't need it... I'll try it with that thank you

EDIT: There's no TWRP version for xiaomi mi8 :(

Yeah my phone is already unlocked, but I didn't install TWRP recovery, I saw a few tutorials and that people don't need it... I'll try it with that thank you
If you see in the rom download guide is always required for xiaomi.eu I don't know about Mi8 but on my Mi5S was required! Try and let me know!

so friend you already flashed and it works? can you pls tell me how it works. the rom? google apps are fine? i want to flash it on mi8 too
Xiaomi.eu roms contains all. GApps works fine, all the things works well (it's a BETA program, so sometimes some things are not working for a while) and you have newest implementation every week