Gerry003

Members
Nov 28, 2014
Today my Mi Mix 2S stopped working wireless charging. The charging logo is not shown on the screen nore its loading when put on the charger pad (Nilkin pad).
Line charging is working well.
EU Rom 8.5.17 is running on the Mi MIX 2S smoothly.

Has someone an idea to resolve this issue of no more wireless charging?

First of all, I would make sure if your charging pad is working, the cheap ones tend to break. If you are sure your hardware is working maybe a clean flash of your current rom may help

I flashed already the miui_MIMIX2S_8.5.17_1c738a0a19_8.0.zip dev ROM from Xiaomi and also the xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2S_8.5.17_v9-8.0.zip EU ROM
-> without success

I tried with 4 different charger pads (Nilkin, Vinsic and 2 no-name)
-> without success

Any further idea welcomed.

Flash the stable stock rom, if it's not working than your device might be faulty

Unfortunately flashing stable stock rom did not bring back the wireless charging function.

I assume that the charging coil inside the mi mix 2 S is faulty. (Mi Mix 2 S was in use for less than 3 weeks!)
Does someone know where i can get that spare part?

mi_mix_2_S_charging_coil.jpg

Unfortunately flashing stable stock rom did not bring back the wireless charging function.

I assume that the charging coil inside the mi mix 2 S is faulty. (Mi Mix 2 S was in use for less than 3 weeks!)
Does someone know where i can get that spare part?

View attachment 18834
Where did you buy it? If it's less than 3 weeks old you should be covered by warranty for sure. You should contact your seller before disassembling your phone

Try the phone on another charger mat before considering the phone is defective if possible... Cost of a new mat < new phone :)

I tried 4 different qi charging pads already -> without success
I will get some brandnew pads by next week then i will give it a final try.
The phone i bought at a shop from A..E...e.s

I tried 4 different qi charging pads already -> without success
I will get some brandnew pads by next week then i will give it a final try.
The phone i bought at a shop from A..E...e.s
You shouldn't buy from that site : ) it would explain a lot about why this perhaps doesnt work.

What else i did:

I have flashed with tool:
Mi Flash 2017.4.25.0

Firmware Version:
Xiaomi_Mi_Mix_2S_V9.5.15.0.ODGCNFA_20180425_8.0_China

-> clean all and lock
______

I also flashed the MIUI10 fastboot pack
polaris_global_images_8.6.14_20180614.0000.00_8.0_global
/ extracted tgz
-> clean all, lock
flash_all.bat etc.
______

Interim results:
Wireless charging still not working (no charging logo). Tried with different charger pads - Mi Mix 2 S device naked - without any case or cover.
Why there is no separate Hardware test for the wireless charger within Hardware test menu CIT of the Mi Mix 2 S?
There is only a test for line charging which passed my Mi Mix 2 S! Line charging is working.

I assume this is a hardware issue -> charging coil receiver inside the Mi Mix 2 S is faulty.
I would have exchanged the charging coil by myself but that spare part is just not available anywhere at the market.

Xiaomi_Mi_MIX_2S_charging_coil.jpg

In the meanwhile i had a livechat with al.E.....s, since my seller did not respond.
I should get an email from them within the next 2 weeks since i am eligable for refund procedure as a valued customer...

The final results of my journey through the service and after sales services desert i will post here next.

You shouldn't buy from that site : ) it would explain a lot about why this perhaps doesnt work.
I buy many phones from ali and all are work normall and never send back to warranty. Some phone work few years :)

Old thread, but I give it a go. I bought a mimi 2s a couple of years ago, and yesterday bought a Xiaomi charging pad. It worked last night and charged to 100%. Just left my phone on it during the night, and wake up to discover my battery is only charged to half this morning. The pad seems to be fine as brand new and flashing 3 times when pugged in. But when I put the phone on it the charging screen doesn't show up on the phone. My phone battery is the original one. I plugged the usb cable out and the phone is charging through the usb port.
Any advice? Is the coil broken as the initial poster?

Update : after having used the phone and charge it a bit with the cable, I tried again and now it is working . So may be a bug of some sort?

Last edited:
Old thread, but I give it a go. I bought a mimi 2s a couple of years ago, and yesterday bought a Xiaomi charging pad. It worked last night and charged to 100%. Just left my phone on it during the night, and wake up to discover my battery is only charged to half this morning. The pad seems to be fine as brand new and flashing 3 times when pugged in. But when I put the phone on it the charging screen doesn't show up on the phone. My phone battery is the original one . I plugged the usb cable out and the phone is charging through the usb port.
Any advice? Is the coil broken as the initial poster?

Update : after having used the phone and charge it a bit with the cable, applinked I tried again and now it is working . So may be a bug of some sort?
I do agree!

Last edited: