Xiaomi Mi2 Battery life better on JLB instead MIUI...

I confirm .with the extended battery I managed to 24.5 hrs of heavy usage, 4 mail acc, facebook ,Skype, all synced, all on aka WiFi,data,GPS, many boots ,watch HD avatar movie thats 3 hrs display time just there, I am well impressed, it can't get any better that this.... I am running 3.1.25 by the way with CTR . 3.2.1 doesn't do SMS rotation for some reason ,that's why still with 3.1.25 but nevertheless I am very happy with it!!!:D

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Are you running Xiaomi 3.1.25 or Miuiandroid 3.1.25?

My last two runs with the 3120 mAh battery, I got 15h (5h on screen) 14% battery left and 20h (5h on screen) 10% left.

Both were mainly Wi-Fi and normal performance.

Swyped from my Mi 2

Here are screen caps:

Swyped from my Mi 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360197170767.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360197170767.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 247
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360197183459.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360197183459.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 237
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360197196601.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360197196601.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 240
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360197205643.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360197205643.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 244
Are you still on JBL 7?

No, had to ditch it. I was actually getting slightly worse stats and a few things weren't syncing properly so I came right back to MIUIandroid. I'd like to get same numbers as Melvyn Ong, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. I'm still pretty happy though.

Are you running Xiaomi 3.1.25 or Miuiandroid 3.1.25?

Its Miuiandroid 3.1.25 , u can install it from Roms section ! At the moment I am on 51% battery, running just over 24 hers, in normal mode with the same usage I state above apart from the movie watching... that's pretty impressing by anyone's understanding...:D:D:D

Its Miuiandroid 3.1.25 , u can install it from Roms section ! At the moment I am on 51% battery, running just over 24 hers, in normal mode with the same usage I state above apart from the movie watching... that's pretty impressing by anyone's understanding...:D:D:D

Quick screenshot for ur ref...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360233775198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360233775198.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 223

Thanks - This currently what I am on and has been treating me very well. I should be receiving my 3100 today or tomorrow. While I've been pretty impressed on the stock battery, I'm excited to see how far I can take this with the extended.

Now if someone would work on some cases for the extended battery.....

But there is 1 down side I must say.

It takes very long to charge . It turns back around 10% for 1 hr charging time. thats bad...

I am charging it trough data cable from my laptop , that could be the only reason I can think of,

I will try to charge with wall charger and will report back with charging time . I really hope will be better because the way I do it now(via laptop) charging time is ridiculously long and very unproductive ... must be honest !

Quick screenshot for ur ref...

I find I'm getting about an hour every 2% as well, if I don't use my phone much. If I left it alone altogether, I'm sure it would last over 2 days, and that's on normal mode. I imagine I'd be able to squeeze in possibly 3 days or more on power saving mode or if I turned off some functions like WiFi, 3G, GPS, etc., which I leave on all the time.

But there is 1 down side I must say.

It takes very long to charge . It turns back around 10% for 1 hr charging time. thats bad...

I am charging it trough data cable from my laptop , that could be the only reason I can think of,

I will try to charge with wall charger and will report back with charging time . I really hope will be better because the way I do it now(via laptop) charging time is ridiculously long and very unproductive ... must be honest !

The USB charge is why it's so slow. I find mine charges decently fast via the normal wall adapter. I charged it at 24% yesterday (the regular battery) and it was done in about 2 hours or less. Right now on regular battery, sitting at 41% left 16h (but only 2 hours on screen).

Thanks - This currently what I am on and has been treating me very well. I should be receiving my 3100 today or tomorrow. While I've been pretty impressed on the stock battery, I'm excited to see how far I can take this with the extended.

Now if someone would work on some cases for the extended battery.....
That would be sweet! I think you will love the extended battery. It's nice knowing you have that extra bit of juice to last you. I also like how having the two different covers makes it feel like I own two different phones. Sure, the bigger case isn't pretty, but if they made it a bit more attractive and it didn't cost too much, I'd consider getting one.

I find I'm getting about an hour every 2% as well, if I don't use my phone much. If I left it alone altogether, I'm sure it would last over 2 days, and that's on normal mode. I imagine I'd be able to squeeze in possibly 3 days or more on power saving mode or if I turned off some functions like WiFi, 3G, GPS, etc., which I leave on all the time.

The USB charge is why it's so slow. I find mine charges decently fast via the normal wall adapter. I charged it at 24% yesterday (the regular battery) and it was done in about 2 hours or less. Right now on regular battery, sitting at 41% left 16h (but only 2 hours on screen).

That would be sweet! I think you will love the extended battery. It's nice knowing you have that extra bit of juice to last you. I also like how having the two different covers makes it feel like I own two different phones. Sure, the bigger case isn't pretty, but if they made it a bit more attractive and it didn't cost too much, I'd consider getting one.

Agreed - I currently have a blue IMAK Cowboy quicksand case that I love (especially against the white back cover of the phone) - I would definitely buy one if they created it for the extended battery.

I've noticed that overnight JLB 7 has far more and far longer wakelocks than 3.x.x / JLB 10 / JLB 11, but the battery life is still lightyears better (a couple % drain instead of 40%+ drain). I haven't installed betterbatterystats to figure out why that is yet.

Actually, I don't understand why some of you are getting bad battery from JLB 7.0.. I have a screenshot here.. whereby although I hardly use the phone that much, but I managed a 2 hour screen time with more than 3 days standby (WiFi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth enabled). Even if I do use the phone a lot.. I can easily get over 4 hours of screen time with auto brightness and "normal" power mode. This is with 2000mAh battery.. I can't wait to get my 3100mAh battery and see what I can get.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-04-02-01-41.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-04-02-01-41.png
    476.2 KB · Views: 225
Yeah, confirmed - JLB 7 appears to sleep less than JLB 11, even though WiFi is only turned on when needed in JLB 7, but it only drains ~1% instead of 40%+ overnight. I really hope these posts will help someone get this fixed (or just revert the kernel to Dec 26)

Awful, awful kernel battery drain in JLB 11:
http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/new-jlb-11-0-and-stock-qcs99-roms.19546/#post-154019

Attached in this post is the fantastic JLB 7:
(I don't plan on testing it, but based on my run last night, I could easily get 8+ hours of screen-on time, or at least 7 hours of h264 video... using the default 2000 mah battery)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-08-10-39-48.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-08-10-39-48.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Screenshot_2013-02-08-10-39-55.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-08-10-39-55.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 221
  • BetterBatteryStats-2013-02-08_043616887.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 221
Yeah, confirmed - JLB 7 appears to sleep less than JLB 11, even though WiFi is only turned on when needed in JLB 7, but it only drains ~1% instead of 40%+ overnight. I really hope these posts will help someone get this fixed (or just revert the kernel to Dec 26)

Awful, awful kernel battery drain in JLB 11:
http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/new-jlb-11-0-and-stock-qcs99-roms.19546/#post-154019

Attached in this post is the fantastic JLB 7:
(I don't plan on testing it, but based on my run last night, I could easily get 8+ hours of screen-on time, or at least 7 hours of h264 video... using the default 2000 mah battery)

Question is: Did you have Auto-Sync on?

The german community i'm in is currently trying to figure out where exactly the problem is, we get tremendously different stats with similar roms, but apparently, it has a lot to do with 3G and synching.

Question is: Did you have Auto-Sync on?

The german community i'm in is currently trying to figure out where exactly the problem is, we get tremendously different stats with similar roms, but apparently, it has a lot to do with 3G and synching.
Currently on JLB 7, I have sync on for an IMAP email account, as well as Browser/Calendar/Contacts with my Gmail. (I am not syncing email with my Gmail address.)

I get 3G / H+ coverage depending on where I am outside. Inside, I am using a microcell for coverage, as my Mi 2 struggles to get signal otherwise (fault of the building, not the Mi2 - although my nokia symbian does better). I don't turn off Wifi or Data when going to sleep (as my pictures show, I've never had poor signal overnight due to the microcell, nor do I get battery drain in JLB 7, so no need to turn it off)

It's pretty weird, as long as 3G is turned on, my battery life is less than 20 hours (MIUIAndroid 2.12.21, which is based off the JLB7.0, kind of).

From what I can see so far, it heavily depends on your provider as well.

It's pretty weird, as long as 3G is turned on, my battery life is less than 20 hours (MIUIAndroid 2.12.21, which is based off the JLB7.0, kind of).

From what I can see so far, it heavily depends on your provider as well.
Have you installed BetterBatteryStats to see what "msm_hsic_host" is doing in the kernel?

Also what kernel is 2.12.21? (I'm hopeful that the battery life issues is not related to MIUI, but to the kernel.)
JLB 7 kernel is ge78e751-00663-ge1b70f8 built on Dec 26.

jaypop, I think you should PM me about this - I have no clue about BBS and everything, but I'm very interested in learning it to find out more.

Thanks!

~ Klotzi

Actually, I don't understand why some of you are getting bad battery from JLB 7.0.. I have a screenshot here.. whereby although I hardly use the phone that much, but I managed a 2 hour screen time with more than 3 days standby (WiFi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth enabled). Even if I do use the phone a lot.. I can easily get over 4 hours of screen time with auto brightness and "normal" power mode. This is with 2000mAh battery.. I can't wait to get my 3100mAh battery and see what I can get.

That is intense. I got about 31 hours and 5.5 h screen time on my last 3120 mAh battery charge and I thought that was pretty good. I'm on MIUIandroid though.

Aside from the differing apps and usage habits we're bound to have, our carriers may play a role as well. I'm on Bell from Canada and noticed I don't always have the strongest signal, although I haven't had any issues with calls. Where are you?

3G DATA IS THE ONLY PROBLEM
i checked in all forums and my mi2 the drain battery is when 3G DATA ON AND WIFI OFF
regardless account Sync or other apps ..
simply try it on wifi i can manage 30H 3H talk no problem all Sync working
on 3G only 6-8% battery on Hour even idle seems there is a problem with DATA MODEM DRIVER OR HARDWARE!
oren

I had good battery life with miuiandroid 3.19.1 and 3.25.1 too, not so good with 3.1.2 (didn't flashed last release yet)

I've had massive drain for about a week. My phone had wifi on at home and no other data turned on. But since I have upgraded to 3.2.8 my phone has better battery life for some reason. Now the only thing I have also done since then is removed Go SMS. But go SMS never registered under the battery drain listing before. Did they do a stealth fix or am I just lucky?

Loop