Xiaomi Video Doorbell

cf666

Members
May 5, 2019
Does anyone [residing in Europe] have the Xiaomi video doorbell? I wonder if its use is restricted to China via geoblocking or if it can in fact be used in Europe. I'm already stuck with two Xiaomi Dafang cameras that are geoblocked and are basically expensive paperweights :(
I'd appreciate your replies, I'm interested in buying it but doing my due diligence first...
TIA

There is plenty of information about the Dafang camera MAC address issue, use the search function to find or view the main Mi Home forum for other threads discussing it!

Also, FYI, the Doorbell product is NOT for European Market. I would advise not to use it for EU if you are worried about future geo blocking.

I'm using video doorbell without an issues..
It is on China mainland server, same as all my Xiaomi ecosystem stuff is..
It Works great, only downside is battery life if you are living in a building and lot's of people is passing by your door.. 4 AA batteries last for a week..I'm using Duracell Ultra, did not try with other brand..
Now I have switched off human motion detection, it records only when Bell is pressed, Will see how long batteries Will last..

I'm confused that Xiaomi still haven't released this product for the EU market. I'm glad my doorbell works over here with the China setting in Mi home though.

Skickat från min HD1913 via Tapatalk

Well, they have numerous products that are not for EU market.. good thing is all od them work on EU over China mainland server

Reactions: Vispen74