Status
Not open for further replies.
CHANGELOG

Security
New - Added Hardware Test
Optimized - Automated tasks on Main page

lock screen, status bar, notification bar to
Fix - Optimized slow Bluetooth unlock

MI3/4, MI4S, MI4C 8.9.13 was last version.. RIP after 5 years of support..
MI5SPlus got Android 8.0
MI5S will not be released this week due to testing Android 8.0
MI8 Explorer edition is testing Android P
Next MIUI version will be 8.10.12 due to Holidays in China

Wow... 5 years Support! Mad respect to you guys & the MIUI team too!

Just a question:
I am using the Dutch language...

When I choose restart, I get a screen with 3 icons. Only the middle one has a text (Herstarten). The top and lowest one only icon, no text or indication.
Is it possible to add the correct text, like I have seen in the English version.

Last edited:
Hi , we have the same phone nikel. I only want to ask on how to update my 8.9.13 eu rom to 8.9.20? I'm so happy and glad at the same time that I'm not the only one having this kind of phone. Thank you and God bless.
Use TWRP to do this. Or you can use System Updater to choose which file will be installed to change your ROM.

Just flashed my Mi5S Plus (6/128) with new Oreo ROM (from 8.9.13_v10-7.0 using TWRP 3.2.3-0) and everything works fine, just a little slow. Even the finger print scanner is acting slow to unlock the phone, maybe Oreo isn't optmized yet. Thanks for the hard work and greetings from Brazil!

Edit: Can I downgrade to 8.9.13_v10-7.0 without problems? I'll wait more before using Oreo, maybe when Devs improve system optmization.

Last edited:
Dirty flashed from .13 on poco, finally face unlock work. Everything work fine, and finally indonesian language available. Thanks xiaomi.eu team

Ayuda!!!

Intento actualizar la ROM ya que me aparece que hay actualización disponible pero al hacerlo me da este mensaje y no me permite actualizar me pueden ayudar por favor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-21-18-14-10-712_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-21-18-14-10-712_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 344
Installed twrp 8.2.3.0 0916 china one all good - Flashed the Rom

Waited 20mins or so and it boots back to recovery

I flash the rom again and noticed at the END of flashing it Installs TWRP !

I wipe Cache then reboot and still waiting 20mins+++ :-(

KEEPS BOOTHING BACK TO RECOVERY - MIX2S.................. What can i do?????????????

Last edited:
Mi5 dirty flash over 8.8.13. first boot was very slow. Then I rebooted. Then installed magisc 16.4 and booted again. This time slower than before. Then rebooted again. Now there is no lag. So far good so far. Thanks to EU team

FaceID on Mi8 is unsecure! It uses IR(flashes red in notch) as it is supposed, but anyone can unlock the phone even if they are not similar. Be aware!

Reactions: jc rey
Ayuda!!!

Intento actualizar la ROM ya que me aparece que hay actualización disponible pero al hacerlo me da este mensaje y no me permite actualizar me pueden ayudar por favor.
Intenta descargar la ROM manualmente desde la página de descargas y prueba otra vez

I am using in mi8 the version 8.8.30 of xiaomi.eu version of android 8 ... I need to do something different? or just flash the rom? need to update twrp? or do something else? Please help

Hello.

In this version for the Mi8 you cant change the APN settings .

I saw that the file apns.conf is read only and thats why we cant change the APN Seettings.

Is there any way to do it ???

Last edited:
8.9.20 is running very well on Redmin PRO (4/128), dirty flashed with TWRP on 8.9.6 without issues.
The only thing I still miss is the option, to uncheck all my packages (APKs) at once during cleaning to keep them
(as it used to be with MIUI 9). Now I have to uncheck every single one every time I clean (and this is annoying...)

Resolved: disable miui power optimization for the app
Random notifications for outlook. The program triggers notifications of already read emails in random moments.
Mi mix 2s

Inviato dal mio MIX 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Inviato dal mio MIX 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Getting bootloops when installing this.

Mi 8 / 8.8.24 / Newest TWRP version (and also tried older TWRP version)
Boot to TWRP, Install, select the 8.9.20 .zip, installs just fine then bootloops.

Any ideas?

Just flashed my Mi5S Plus (6/128) with new Oreo ROM (from 8.9.13_v10-7.0 using TWRP 3.2.3-0) and everything works fine, just a little slow. Even the finger print scanner is acting slow to unlock the phone, maybe Oreo isn't optmized yet. Thanks for the hard work and greetings from Brazil!

Edit: Can I downgrade to 8.9.13_v10-7.0 without problems? I'll wait more before using Oreo, maybe when Devs improve system optmization.
If you have full TWRP Backup, it should be possible. Flashing Android 7 rom over Android 8 - i think this will not work without full wipe / clean installation.

Reactions: jc rey
Getting bootloops when installing this.

Mi 8 / 8.8.24 / Newest TWRP version (and also tried older TWRP version)
Boot to TWRP, Install, select the 8.9.20 .zip, installs just fine then bootloops.

Any ideas?
Hi , maybe try wipe data (type yes), don't forget to back UP !

FaceID on Mi8 is unsecure! It uses IR(flashes red in notch) as it is supposed, but anyone can unlock the phone even if they are not similar. Be aware!
Are u sure ? I try to unlock with other faces, and it didn't work ! Anyway, the safest lock is pin or dig finger print !

Процент батареи рядом с сетью выглядит не эстетично, не красиво, сливается H и проценты, и и в 8.9.13 прилетела Обнова 8.9.20 нажимаю и загружаю самую последнюю версию, хотя Обнова есть, бред !. Redmi note 4 mtk

Status
Not open for further replies.