MIUI 12.3 20.11.11/12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably the TWRP recovery you go into is the 3.4.0-11.0-1110 (LittleTurtle2333)?
This one should be stable. (Even though with me it doesn't hold its settings!)
I enter this through the normal boot (not through Fastboot).
Normally you should be able to Reboot / System.

If you have tried re-installing the ROM through USB-OTG, and it has not worked, then it looks as though you may need to start from scratch.

Wipe / Format Data (yes)
Wipe / (Swipe to Factory Reset)

Some thought as to what I do:
Each time now before I update my ROM, I do a full TWRP backup, which I then copy to my PC.
If things do go wrong, then I have a complete backup of all of my apps (and widgets), in the same layout, if I have to do a complete reset.
Very kind from your side to take care of people like that.
They draw their issue but always forget to explain what they did with details.

Reactions: katerpanne
what is meant by install via USB-OTG. this is cable as far as I know?can anyone explain the procedure for me?
This, with an appropriate adapter, if needed, is the equivalent of a USB socket. You should be able to plug fairly standard peripherals (eg. mouse, keyboard, etc) into this.
However, in this instance, it relates to a USB memory stick, which would have the ROM zip file on it. In my experience, it has to have less than 128Gb capacity, and be formatted with FAT, and not NTFS.

Because the 'new' TRWP recovery does not have encryption/decryption on it, you have to use an external and unencrypted source for the ROM zip file.

N.B. I refer to this as the 'new' (in inverted comas) recovery because in fact it is an old version (3.4.0), which may have been modified, but which nonetheless is able to work with the current cmi/lmi/umi problems. This is probably why there is no encryption with it.

Reactions: Mooks
Hello guy i have one question .why mi 10 umi why don't have super slow motion 240 480 960 fps .thank for reply

first time I'm seeing 7hrs + screen time on my Mi 9 Lite. This statement includes official MIUI 11 versions, too.

Hello guy i have one question .why mi 10 umi why don't have super slow motion 240 480 960 fps .thank for reply
If you would have bought the Mi 10 Pro, then you would have had the following video facilities:
8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps; gyro-EIS

Whereas the Mi 10 has the following:
8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps; gyro-EIS

Comparing specs with GSM Arena

Poco F2 Pro updated from 20.11.5 to 20.11.12 with TWRP-3.4.2 B-0623

- dowloaded rom
- deleted recovery.img inside zip-file (Fimware-update\recovery.img 128mb)
- boot into twrp via powermenu
- wipe cache/dalvik
- flash rom
- delete data/system/package-cache via twrp file manager
- wipe cache/dalvik again
- Boot to system

Works perfect, and I can boot into twrp via powermenu without problems :)

Thanks a lot works perfect as you said

I'm still on 20.9.24 can I update the latest TWRP from the OP and Flash the latest 20.11.12? OF do I need to use fastboot and sideload?

Reactions: alcokev
I did clean flash 20.11.12 ROM on my mi 10 ultra and I have no problems first day but day after my apps started crashing and battery drained faster so now everything I can do is wait for new weekly rom.

Hello! I'm currently on Official Global (MI9SE), willing to flash Xiaomi.EU but this step is a little confusing to me
  • FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
Back in the days when I was flashing my Nexus 5 regulary, I always wiped system. Why is it not nessesary now? Does it flash over the official Xiaomi Global image?

If I understood correctly, I should:
Unlock bootloader > flash TWRP via ADB > reboot to TWRP > Wipe DATA ONLY > flash Xiaomi EU ROM > reboot
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Another question is if I decide (for some reason) to go back to official image, can I use the official Xiaomi flash tool to go back?

Ok, so an update on my post below:
1. I tried installing another calendar (Google Calendar) to see if the sync works properly. And it did.
2. Strangely, after installing the Google Calendar, now the Mi Calendar also shows the Birthdays.

So there has to be a sync issue with the Mi Calendar app, or a dependency on a Google Service related to the Google Calendar app, that is needed to function properly in order for the Mi Calendar app to work.

Can someone (ideally with a Mi9), check if Birthdays from contacts sync properly to the stock M Calendar for them?

Thanks

Hi all - this version works great on my Mi 9, rooted for the purpose of Ad Blocking and it also works great with the latest Magisk (banking apps are fine!)

There are only some issues like improper application of dark mode on Swiftkey etc. (not all buttons contrast correctly) - but that Xiaomi needs to solve of course.

CALENDAR SYNC WITH GMAIL CONTACTS
I don't know if this is a bug, or a limitation, or a permission issue, but since switching to miui.eu roms,:
• the calendar app shows last sync as 1970 (even after manual refresh or sync)
• the calendar app doesn't sync contact birthdays stored in my google contacts. The calendar app used to show birthdays in the app and also give me birthday notifications on official MIUI (without any special permissions set or syncing or whatever - worked out of the box!). Now the birthdays linked to my contacts are not synced at all. I do however see other stuff like flights (from Gmail) in the app. When I view the contact in the contacts app, the birthdays are stored there.
I only have a Google account synced with the device so can't check if other services are having the same issue.

I don't mind the aesthetic issue of the reminder of MIUI in the 1970s, but certainly somehow it must be possible to sync the contact birthdays with the calendar app?

Thanks for helping me out!

un'informazione semplice, per passare dalla stabile alla beta settimanale devo per forza fare un reset oppure posso aggiornare tranquillamente?

N.B. I refer to this as the 'new' (in inverted comas) recovery because in fact it is an old version (3.4.0), which may have been modified, but which nonetheless is able to work with the current cmi/lmi/umi problems. This is probably why there is no encryption with it.

I'm with LMI and the only TWRP that has ever worked with my device has been TWRP-3.4.2 B-0623. After having flashed this xiaomi.eu build with this "new" recovery, my Poco F2 Pro was not even able to boot in this recovery - seems it has disappeared (what it definitely should not have according to op). So I flashed (yes, I indeed flashed - did not only boot in it via fastboot!) TWRP-3.4.2 B-0623 and now, I can get in TWRP via button shortcut or from within running system using the power menu. So, finally, I did all what I should not have done - that was the only way to get my system running perfectly: Have "normal" recovery access and can enjoy full decryption feature - TWRP asks for my pattern and that's it.

Quite strange, isn't it...?

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm on the latest version and i don't get any notification from Gmail. No energy saver mode and already enabled auto start in the app settings. Anyone else having this issue?

Hi. after flashing the new version on my Poco f 2 pro I have a bootloop. I can't get to the twrp either. what can I do ?

I'm with LMI and the only TWRP that has ever worked with my device has been TWRP-3.4.2 B-0623. After having flashed this xiaomi.eu build with this "new" recovery, my Poco F2 Pro was not even able to boot in this recovery - seems it has disappeared (what it definitely should not have according to op). So I flashed (yes, I indeed flashed - did not only boot in it via fastboot!) TWRP-3.4.2 B-0623 and now, I can get in TWRP via button shortcut or from within running system using the power menu. So, finally, I did all what I should not have done - that was the only way to get my system running perfectly: Have "normal" recovery access and can enjoy full decryption feature - TWRP asks for my pattern and that's it.

Quite strange, isn't it...?
Being with umi (Mi 10), as I described in an earlier post, I have left the (redundant) TWRP 3.4.0 flashed in memory from the 20.11.12 ROM. I now only fastboot boot into 3.4.2b-0623, maybe wait a bit before I put in my pattern to decrypt, and, like you, the TWRP recovery works as it should do!
If it works, why change it :)

[Edit: But I have bricked my phone twice reaching this conclusion!]

Last edited:
i was have the same problem in my mi note 10 and i fix it
go to TWRP and mount system , than go to advance ,, file manager ,, system ,, bin and rename logd to logd.bak and reboot ,, its work with me but when i try this in my mi 10 its not work give try maybe its work with your phone
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I already tried this fix, but it seems that the system folder is read only, and I cannot find a way to get it read/write.

Whatever I try, leads to failure.

I tried using root explorer, and when I try to tick the "write" permission, it gives me an error.

Throu TWRP, as you mentioned, to mount the system, while unticking the "read only" to edit the file name , has no effect.
The file name isn't edited at the end of the process.

Also tried throu console/adb to mount system read/write to be able to edit the logd file, got other errors.

This drain is kinda random, but when it occurs, it's freakin' killer.

Envoyé de mon POCO F2 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk

Being with umi (Mi 10), as I described in an earlier post, I have left the (redundant) TWRP 3.4.0 flashed in memory from the 20.11.12 ROM. I now only fastboot boot into 3.4.2b-0623, maybe wait a bit before I put in my pattern to decrypt, and, like you, the TWRP recovery works as it should do!
If it works, why change it :)

In my case the TWRP 3.4.0 flashed in memory from the 20.11.12 ROM is completely unreacheable and thus unusable to me. The fastboot boot method has often led to boot image verification error - that's why I try to bypass that and prefer flashing the recovery instead.

I have got a bootloop into TWRP, not fastboot.
But yes, I have tried "fastboot reboot" ... and I was boot into TWRP again...
Just install it like in previous build with the old recovery (fastboot flash recovery, fastboot boot recovery, the decryption wont work in recovery, it doesnt matter, press cancel, copy the rom from pc and flash in recovery)
And you dont need to format anything and you'll keep your data.

Hello! I'm currently on Official Global (MI9SE), willing to flash Xiaomi.EU but this step is a little confusing to me

Back in the days when I was flashing my Nexus 5 regulary, I always wiped system. Why is it not nessesary now? Does it flash over the official Xiaomi Global image?

If I understood correctly, I should:
Unlock bootloader > flash TWRP via ADB > reboot to TWRP > Wipe DATA ONLY > flash Xiaomi EU ROM > reboot
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Another question is if I decide (for some reason) to go back to official image, can I use the official Xiaomi flash tool to go back?
Don't be confused....
what you read is correct, no more need to format system as in the past because EU rom is designed to do that for you.
But FORMAT DATA is not WIPE DATA and from stock rom you must decrypt in order to load the zip file.
so correct patern is:
Unlock bootloader > flash TWRP via ADB > reboot to TWRP > FORMAT DATA/typing YES; ONLY >reboot to recovery<load EU rom zip in the phone memory< flash Xiaomi EU ROM > reboot system.
no need to wipe cache.
- Miflash is the tool to be used for eventual heavy crash or return to stock.

Mi Watch Color don't sync

I need urgent help. I have successfully connected my new Mi Watch Color to the mobile phone through Xiaomi Wear. As a result, it also appears in the data sources of the Mi health app. Unfortunately, I can't get the synchronization with the Mi account to work. The login mask is only displayed briefly, which is then replaced by a message. As a result, of course, my counted steps are not correctly added to those counted by the mobile phone.
In order to rule out that it is due to the clock or the apps, I paired the clock with a China Beta ROM as a test. Everything is working fine. I can even activate Bluetooth unlocking, which is only possible via the Wear app. The point is completely missing in the same Wear app version at xiaomi.eu.
97c36f0efd042759702ea180c419a4c7.jpg
d7fc711f0fb1dd2bbb50a6336bb08fa2.jpg
2a326c23eb83c20cf97c34105b73b385.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk
I have the same problem. Only I can't add the device in data sources. It is available , I can click add, but then I have to login, but after 1 sec the login is gone.. and then the same line.. try again later...

I use mi10 pro weekly and China Mi watch Color revolve...

Any solution would be great

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 10 Pro met Tapatalk

Reactions: nexuseth
Status
Not open for further replies.