MIUI 12.3 20.11.18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have from past week version.... with new TWRP
Most of users still using 0623 twrp , still works without the issues that new twrp has ..

@Allessa
Only 0623 twrp can work , but you have to load it through fastboot mode with command .. fastboot boot twrp.img
DO NOT try to flash twrp , only boot as i wrote ..

Which TWRP version should be used to get a full restorable Nandroid backup of the current software state of my Poco F2 Pro? For me, this would be the very first update from one weekly to the next and I wanna ensure not to loose any data...
Because I only use Mi 10 (umi), you would be better checking with other Poco F2 Pro users as to what they find is the best TWRP version.

Most of users still using 0623 twrp , still works without the issues that new twrp has ..

@Allessa
Only 0623 twrp can work , but you have to load it through fastboot mode with command .. fastboot boot twrp.img
DO NOT try to flash twrp , only boot as i wrote ..

Strange... I was not able to successfully boot it in memory... Got an error like boot image verification failed or similar (do not remember the exact wording). So I flashed 0623, i. e. did an override of the "new" recovery my lmi was not even able to boot into. Now I have v0623 in my phone's memory and I can always boot into it without fastboot, cable and so on... That's why I think I will delete the "new" recovery from the installation zip. The only thing I have not understood yet is if it's possible to make a full restorable Nandroid backup for every case.

I see people are saying that the 3 dots work. They do nothing on my Mi 10 (umi).
What are they meant to do?
It opens the extended menu.
Screenshot_2020-11-20-10-02-10-027_com.teslacoilsw.launcher (002).jpg

Reactions: Iain_B
No way to fix Whatsapp backup restore after clean flash, please fix that! Thanks
Had the same issue, try giving Whatsapp the permission * read accounts on the device * before setting up. Then it will recognize the backup on your google drive.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Please help! Mi 10 UMI

When I download the update from update manager and boots into twrp to install, the new TWRP version is not installing.. It's not showing the file either?

It reverses back to Chinese every time

What can I do to install the latest update??

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk

Everything works fine great job once again.

Only one question. I'm on Mi 10 pro and I don't see any difference on the power menu. Anyone have a screenshot on how the new power menu looks like?

Hello guys, do you know if by updating the mi note 10 to the version of 18, to get back magisk you still have to install the two versions as in the other version, first Magisk 11, then Magisk 21.1? thanks

Strange... I was not able to successfully boot it in memory... Got an error like boot image verification failed or similar (do not remember the exact wording). So I flashed 0623, i. e. did an override of the "new" recovery my lmi was not even able to boot into. Now I have v0623 in my phone's memory and I can always boot into it without fastboot, cable and so on... That's why I think I will delete the "new" recovery from the installation zip. The only thing I have not understood yet is if it's possible to make a full restorable Nandroid backup for every case.
You see, this is where we all have to be very careful as to who does what with which version. My Mi10 (umi) will not work with 3.4.2b-0623 in memory - it goes straight to Fastboot. However, I can successfully boot into it, and use it, without flashing it.

Seems like display over the apps has some issues. Whenever I am video calling on whatsapp and try to minimize the call, the phone acts crazy sometimes like the touch does not work or the minimized window disappears.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Please help! Mi 10 UMI

When I download the update from update manager and boots into twrp to install, the new TWRP version is not installing.. It's not showing the file either?

Flash the zip according to your taste (magisk or twrp)
This was gotten from the 20.11.18 weekly build on Android 11
I tried, doesn't work on Poco F2 Pro. Error 7
In attachment the logs

Attachments

• recovery.log.txt
    112.6 KB · Views: 199
  • dmesg.log.txt
    458.1 KB · Views: 708
  • logcat.log.txt
    56.9 KB · Views: 259
Please help! Mi 10 UMI

The 'new' TWRP is based on an older version which does not decrypt. So you have to use USB-OTG!! This is using a USB memory stick, and plugging it into the phone. When in the install page, you will be able to select the source (USB-OTG). You will then be able to see the file on the USB memory stick.

If you are able to use Fastboot, then you can try an alternative way of booting into TWRP - 3.4.2b-0623 - fastboot boot [recovery.img].
This will boot into this version, and you should be able to use it as before. BUT - I should do a backup first, just in case!
I have been using this method on my Mi 10 (umi) for several weeks now.

The 'new' TWRP is based on an older version which does not decrypt. So you have to use USB-OTG!! This is using a USB memory stick, and plugging it into the phone. When in the install page, you will be able to select the source (USB-OTG). You will then be able to see the file on the USB memory stick.

If you are able to use Fastboot, then you can try an alternative way of booting into TWRP - 3.4.2b-0623 - fastboot boot [recovery.img].
This will boot into this version, and you should be able to use it as before. BUT - I should do a backup first, just in case!
I have been using this method on my Mi 10 (umi) for several weeks now.
Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.