MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you please test dual apps on mi 10 and see if it works fine?
I've not used dual apps before. But I set up several apps within Settings, and opened them all up, and there doesn't seem to be any problem running the dual apps.
Mind you - my system always tends to be bug-free, not getting the problems that others seem to get.

Reactions: Mammad
Hey @Poney70, @Thommy,

Just finish installing the xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20ProMI9TPro_20.12.28_v12-11.zip file with dfa04d882ca7cb821f3455227fb2a66f MD5 hash and I got success.
Seems like the previously uploaded file was indeed broken. Thanks for making me realize that I got the wrong one, @Poney70.

Also thanks for letting me know about the OrangeFox recovery @Thommy it's UI looks cool.

Happy new years to all of you. Merry Christmas!

Would you please test dual apps on mi 10 and see if it works fine?
I don't use dual apps, but I set some up, and tried them out. There were no problems with them.
Mind you, I do not seem to get nearly as many bugs / problems as others seem to report.
[Edit: Ooops - looks like a duplication! ;)]

Last edited:
Hey @Poney70, @Thommy,

Just finish installing the xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20ProMI9TPro_20.12.28_v12-11.zip file with dfa04d882ca7cb821f3455227fb2a66f MD5 hash and I got success.
Seems like the previously uploaded file was indeed broken. Thanks for making me realize that I got the wrong one, @Poney70.

Also thanks for letting me know about the OrangeFox recovery @Thommy it's UI looks cool.

Happy new years to all of you. Merry Christmas!

It's nice that it worked. Happy New Year for you too

"This update is suspended for Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9 Lite, Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 9 4G/Redmi 9T, Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G/Mi 10T Lite. These devices are expected to get this update on mid-or-late January 2021, with Android 11 update accordingly."
Does this mean, that these Android phones get weekly updates too :O ?
Easy to check and know:
- If the phone model is NOT global ONLY and is supported by CHINA weekly rom DEV.

Installed fine on Redmi K20 pro, thank xiaomi.eu however "swipe up from cornor for Google Assistant" not working.

Reactions: Ryoma
Bubbles are still having this issue. Any ways to fix this?
df05a582ecc0272787aab044138684b0.jpg

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Reactions: Danielcows
@ingbrzy thanks but think there is problem with MI 9 SE rom.

MI 9 SE - grus

Use fastboot command, on your PC:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.img
then:
fastboot boot twrp_filename.img
:)

@gkalen
  • dirty flash rom after version 20.11.28 (android 10) - stuck fastboot
  • installed TWRP 3.4 & 3.5 (28/12/20)
  • phone now can boot to TWRP - but stuck in twrp. cannot boot system
  • tried uninstall magisk + install magisk 21.2 - still stuck in TWRP
  • tried flash vbmeta.img - still stuck TWRP

• found way to boot system rom using command: fastboot boot twrp3.4.img
    This does not boot TWRP, it boots system rom. But if reboot, stuck TWRP again

• after boot to rom using that command. WIFI not working. turn on wifi but it does not turn on.
  • autobrightness doesn't seem to work properly
I think something is wrong here with the rom?

Last edited:
Reactions: gkalen
Hey, does anyone know if there will be a future miui.eu rom update for the Mi 8 (dipper)? Or have the devs stopped supporting the device?

Easy to check and know:
- If the phone model is NOT global ONLY and is supported by CHINA weekly rom DEV.
With my english i didnt really understood if its going to be support with the weekly now, but i guess its only stable releases

Just installed newest rom on Lavender

• swipe down on screen (left or right side) shows notifications. To reach the control center you have to swipe down from top of screen.
  • VoLTE symbol still missing in statusbar
  • boot logo now looks very simple (only white MIUI)
The logo is supposed to look like that, the rest are bugs. I would also like to add up that swiping from any left part of the screen except from the top drops the notification side of the Control Center but notifications do not have the animation they are supposed to have, the animation is only shown when swiping from the top left side of the screen. They also look very plain with no blur/transparency which they have on lock screen for example.

I know that these Control Center bugs aren't MIUI bugs because I was on the official build until a few moments ago. I just wanted to try out the xiaomi.eu build because I honestly missed Google Discover in the launcher and it is kind of tiring to re-apply all of the patches after each OTA which xiaomi.eu already has baked in (L1, volume steps, CTS and other).

Edit: Just to add this as well since you mentioned you are on lavander, I'm facing these on raphael (K20 Pro), but it seems like we have the same bugs nonetheless.

Last edited:
Just received the 12.5 as OTA and then it disappeared before I update. Why?

Mi9 SE (grus)

Last edited:
I think I was the first to download the rom for k20 pro when it was already loaded,
and I had no problems, since I use orange fox,
and the only thing that magisk 20.4 no longer works for android11 in this compilation so I had to flash 21.2,

after that all good, The only thing is the problem of the buttons that never disappear even if you choose gestures,
so hide them and that's it, but I wait for the next beta with that correction,

happy new year people to all, one more year with you from so many xiaomis :)

Reactions: radashin and zooom
Dirty flash on Mi 9T Pro worked fine and rooted with Magisk. Thanks Devs for rolling this out and Happy New Year!

For those that use Nova Launcher, I'm seeing there is an issue with using Full Screen Gestures where it deosn't seem to work. I've had to revert to soft buttons till I figure the issue out. Full screen gestures works fine if I use the stock launcher so it does seem to be a Nova Launcher issue.

Reactions: mansell68
I googled it as well. Exact reason is not 7 related. Their solution of changing the update.script is mostly related to "assert" command.

In my case, the actual error message that needs to be focused is "E1001: Failed to flash system partition." and that problem is related to this line:
Quoting from xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20ProMI9TPro_20.12.28_v12-11.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script file

With davinci I have a similar error

Thank you to all the Devs for the cool New year gift. :) The only issue I'm having is that the Full Screen is not working for me. I initially did a dirty flash and also did a clean install with the issue still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.