MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I messed up and need some help. I used the reboot to recovery option in top menu in settings and now my device is stuck in fastboot.

Things I tried:

- adb reboot (from adb) - didn't work
- flashing the recovery I used before again - didn't work

I'm stuck in fastboot, what do I do?

MI9SE (Grus)
If all else fails, you can do a full stock ROM installation, ie. start from the beginning.

is there anything else I could try to boot back to system?
There are probably some people who know your phone well enough to give you some good advice. I don't. I just have experience of starting from scratch with my own phone (Mi 10 umi).

My phone 9se grus is widevine L3 now
Any fix?

Does the magisk module from previous android work still?
bfecaa8e075d192604e70b9c0a5254ff.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 200
Use fastboot to flash a recovery like twrp3.4 also. Then try reboot recovery.

Then uninstall magisk and try boot.
If not boot.

Go back to fastboot and flash vbmeta again.
Use the vbmeta I shared in my post.

It will work.

Guys, I messed up and need some help. I used the reboot to recovery option in top menu in settings and now my device is stuck in fastboot.

Things I tried:

- adb reboot (from adb) - didn't work
- flashing the recovery I used before again - didn't work

I'm stuck in fastboot, what do I do?

MI9SE (Grus)

UPDATE (for anyone that has the same issue).
Flashed this twrp instead and it's working again!

@Poney70 / @PPM-Droid since I flashed vbmeta beforehand, will it affect my system in any way now or in future update?

Last edited:
Just tried it and unfortunately it didn't work. Still reboots to fastboot.

If there's nothing else I can do, please point me to where I can download the latest official .tgz to use with MiFlasher
This gives a selection of results. Take your choice ;)

Reactions: psydex
Perfect, any other bug?
No. But when I first dirty install the rom it was running, but then I did e wipe of cache and dalvik. After that i could not reboot. Always started again and could not run the rom. So I do not again wipe dalvik and cache.
Now it seems to be all good.

Reactions: Hincly
This Rom run good so far but the Battery usage is way to high. It drains the Battery in 24 Hours with normal usage. With the older Rom Version it did last 2,5 Days with normal usage.

Device: Mi10

Last edited:
Hi friends, I was installing xiaomi EU rom update, unfortunately when it was done a clean install, I erased the system, installed the rom, I found error 7, I have rebooted the cell and it turned off, I no longer found in mode recovery or fastboot, what should I do, any ideas ???

UPDATE (for anyone that has the same issue).
Flashed this twrp instead and it's working again!

@Poney70 / @PPM-Droid since I flashed vbmeta beforehand, will it affect my system in any way now or in future update?

What I found in MI forum:
This device uses Android Verified Boot (AVB)
This means that installing TWRP or swiping to allow system modifications will prevent you from being able to boot. To bypass AVB's boot prevention, you will have to disable it or install a custom ROM that ships with disabled AVB.
To disable AVB via fastboot, grab the vbmeta image from the ROM you are on, and flash it with the following command:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
AVB should be now disabled on your device.
I think the verification should be disable here. Maybe this comand it's missing in the last update?

Reactions: psydex
Much more battery drain on this (MIUI 12.5/Android 11) then previous MIUI 12/Android 10 builds. I performed a clean flash for MIUI 12/Android 11.

Reactions: fatjoez
Status
Not open for further replies.