MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, when i saw the keynote from xiaomi for miui 12.5 and they showed up that you only have a handful of pre installed system apps. I was happy that i thought i can finally delte google lens google app etc.
But i still cant delete them. I just want to have playstore and the minimum google servies i need for that.

Is there anyway to unload all those google facebook services?

If i install the CN Rom and install google play, will my phone just have playstore wothout all this other google crap?

BTW MIUI+ Beta, can connect to my phone but then always says failed to load and it wont mirror anything from my phone...

And thanks again for the awesome work in loveee

Please help . My phone is redmi k20 pro. The last eu rom was stably loaded. I loaded the weekly rom. Now the device remains in twrp. What should I do. The system won't start? The latest twrp version 3.5.0_9-0 is installed. Thanks

Please help . My phone is redmi k20 pro. The last eu rom was stably loaded. I loaded the weekly rom. Now the device remains in twrp. What should I do. The system won't start? The latest twrp version 3.5.0_9-0 is installed. Thanks
Seriously dude??
Why the spamming?
You have 3 replies already to your question.

Format data

I don't know if this is problem with new miui update, new twrp or magisk. When i root phone it bootloops on Mi logo and just restarts over and over.
Mi 9

Hi, everyone. Thanks devs. However I've discovered the following problems on my Mi 10 Lite Zoom (vangogh):
- TWRP issue requiring to disable PIN and fingerprint otherwise storage is encrypted.
- quick snap video does not work,
- camera quick launch from lockscreen in randomly showing black screen, not launching,
- wifi gets disconnected randomly without any notification (just no internet, wifi sign is present in status bar),
- no volte icon on desktop when wifi is connected (in notification shade and in some apps you still can see it),
- bluetooth headset buttons not always properly responding (e.g. play-pause in youtube vanced).

Reactions: ToriBugi
Hey there,

I do have this "Data usage warning" since upgrading:

It does not react to click (nothing happens), does not open anything and most annoyingly does never go away. I checked data usage multiple times, does not matter if it is on or off, if data limits are set or not, the notification stays.
First time I did have this was after a dirty flash. Now I wiped the phone, reinstalled everything from scratch and guess what? The message is back.

I am on Mi9.

I searched but did not find anything to this issue so I would really be grateful for your help. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Goyesays
Hello, drain battery in Mi9SE
Yes i can confirm also on mi9t it drain drain drain. After a few hours of good battery consumption it start to drain. After a full charge it drain the first 10% of charge in an half hour and is the same if use the smartphone or not. The maximum SOT in this first days is 4hour

Hello, anyone has tried on Mi 10 (umi) with magisk, lucky patcher and busybox? In the old versions i haved problems, when i rooted the phone, it was impossible to install Busybox to use lucky patcher and Titanium backup. Also the full screen gesture stop to work forcing me to return to the stable version (12.0.8).

i did what you said:
flash that older recovery
than boot into new one
and still black screen

maybe it is someting to do with that i soft brick my phone ealier and i need to use xiaomi flash.
before brick twrp boot with not problem
It looks as though you are still not able to get into recovery. Your earlier problem could be carried over to stop it working now. Unless someone comes up with a workable solution, it may be necessary to start from scratch and go back to the stock ROM.

Yes i can confirm also on mi9t it drain drain drain. After a few hours of good battery consumption it start to drain. After a full charge it drain the first 10% of charge in an half hour and is the same if use the smartphone or not. The maximum SOT in this first days is 4hour
The same. One year old mi9t, look like battery is 30% weaker. I never use fast charger. Don't know what is happening with xiaomi (same problem on sister mi9se, with global rom), but on mine huawei after one year battery is perfect. I think that I will never use another xiaomi phone. Ok, xiaomi have very good phones, but battery is very problematic.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Hello, anyone has tried on Mi 10 (umi) with magisk, lucky patcher and busybox? In the old versions i haved problems, when i rooted the phone, it was impossible to install Busybox to use lucky patcher and Titanium backup. Also the full screen gesture stop to work forcing me to return to the stable version (12.0.8).
I'm on the latest ROM (umi - 20.12.29). I run Magisk (manager - 8.0.4; Magisk - 21201; Canary) successfully - no problem with banking and other secure apps. Lucky Patcher I gave up on because every time I used it, it started to corrupt and cause problems with my system. So that is out now. Busybox I do not use. I successfully use Titanium backup as one of my backups. I do two automatic backups a week, and copy those to my PC. I also use the TWRP backup just before I upgrade to the new ROMs. I do not have any problems with the full screen gestures. I use the default launcher.

Reactions: Frenz75
@lain_B , you're my official recourse for dual apps.
:)
Did you try it? Does it work?
;)

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

@lain_B , you're my official recourse for dual apps.
:)
Did you try it? Does it work?
;)

I did already a test, and reported here.
"I don't use dual apps, but I set some up, and tried them out. There were no problems with them.
Mind you, I do not seem to get nearly as many bugs / problems as others seem to report.
"

I've just set up a few again, and again no problems to report, but I do not use them normally.

Reactions: m@c|-|oR
Hello Guys, i have mi 10 ultra and i am using miui 12- 20.9.24(weekly ). Is it possible to upgrade directly miui 12.5 ? Is there any guide for that ?

I'm on the latest ROM (umi - 20.12.29). I run Magisk (manager - 8.0.4; Magisk - 21201; Canary) successfully - no problem with banking and other secure apps. Lucky Patcher I gave up on because every time I used it, it started to corrupt and cause problems with my system. So that is out now. Busybox I do not use. I successfully use Titanium backup as one of my backups. I do two automatic backups a week, and copy those to my PC. I also use the TWRP backup just before I upgrade to the new ROMs. I do not have any problems with the full screen gestures. I use the default launcher.

Thanks, i will try. Which recovery you used? I think recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150. Correct?

Call recording works again with this rom. Cauple last updates,it doesn't working.

Thanks, i will try. Which recovery you used? I think recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150. Correct?
You must remember that there are problems with Mi 10 (umi) and TWRP. You must have an earlier version (3.4.0) in recovery memory, and leave it there. You can only boot (NOT flash) from Fastboot with 3.4.2b-1206. It takes just over a minute to load and may take a short time for you to be able to input your pattern (not password). If you remember that, you can use it quite freely. I have been using it successfully all the time, booted from Fastboot.

[Edit: I forgot to add that you must go through the process to convert from stable to the weekly beta ROMs. That must include formatting data. I, and others, have described the process. I shall search and add it here.]

I did already a test, and reported here.
"I don't use dual apps, but I set some up, and tried them out. There were no problems with them.
Mind you, I do not seem to get nearly as many bugs / problems as others seem to report.
"

I've just set up a few again, and again no problems to report, but I do not use them normally.
Thanks mate.
So, it seems that dual apps are working on weekly builds but aren't working at stable builds.
I'm trying to understand why....

The same. One year old mi9t, look like battery is 30% weaker. I never use fast charger. Don't know what is happening with xiaomi (same problem on sister mi9se, with global rom), but on mine huawei after one year battery is perfect. I think that I will never use another xiaomi phone. Ok, xiaomi have very good phones, but battery is very problematic.

I use fast charge only as emergency situations. Normally I use a normal version too

To refresh for Mi 10 (umi) converting from stable to weekly beta ROMs - it is in post #603 above:-

Going from stable to weekly you always have to format data partition. - post #516.

Then there are the instructions, as in post #550:
You should be familiar with the Fastboot process, and have available TWRP 3.4.2b-1206, together with the ROM you want to install, on your PC.
You should only boot using this TWRP version through Fastboot - never flash.
Boot into this TWRP
Format data (confirm by entering 'yes')
Reboot back into recovery
Enable MTP (under Mount)
This will enable you to upload the new ROM onto your phone.
Install the new ROM,
Reboot to system.

And then there's additional notes in post #560:
The command to boot into the TWRP should be:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img
There often quite a delay before the TWRP starts, and sometimes a delay before you can enter your pattern.

You must remember that there are problems with Mi 10 (umi) and TWRP. You must have an earlier version (3.4.0) in recovery memory, and leave it there. You can only boot (NOT flash) from Fastboot with 3.4.2b-1206. It takes just over a minute to load and may take a short time for you to be able to input your pattern (not password). If you remember that, you can use it quite freely. I have been using it successfully all the time, booted from Fastboot.

Ok i read something about it. Normally i booted to twrp from fastboot with commands. The difference is that now i have not flashed the earlier version, but the 1206.
So i will try to flash an earlier version like 3.4.0 to take definitely, but i will boot from fastboot the TWRP-3.4.2B-1206 recovery, format all partition to flash this rom.
After first boot and configured the phone, if i understand, i boot from twrp flashed (3.4.0) to root the phone with magisk for android 11 (i read in another post to flash first magisk 11, then magisk 21.1 and after reboot to system). I hope this is the correct procedure.

Edit: i see that you have posted the links to the correct procedure, i will see. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.