MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I need some help. I've just dirty flashed my mi 9 se (with WEEKLY 20.12.28 ). I've rebooted it once normally - was ok, then I have rebooted to recovery and phone entered into Fastbootloop. Anything I can do to reboot it normally? What to do?

Any way to install xiaomi eu ROM via "mi flash tool" maybe?

Last edited:
Very good update for 9T, but on Spotify the icons have disappeared again
4ced6a388072ab1b36fd9c4feec07a40.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T mediante Tapatalk

same mi 9 se, i try unistall and install again and not change

[QUOTE = "joy427, сообщение: 579784, участник: 234297"]
Европейские разработчики действительно супер быстрые! Престижность
[/ QUOTE]
Да может и так, но сырая! После установки перезагрузки Фастребут и не тухнет.

Hi, I need some help. I've just dirty flashed my mi 9 se (with WEEKLY 20.12.28 ). I've rebooted it once normally - was ok, then I have rebooted to recovery and phone entered into Fastbootloop. Anything I can do to reboot it normally? What to do?

Hi friend, I had the same problem, I used this recovery and despite being very old it works perfectly on android 11 and without getting stuck in fastboot. try and you will see the change.

[QUOTE = "rysiekmirek, post: 581280, member: 238072"]
Привет, мне нужна помощь. Я только что грязно прошил свой mi 9 se ( ЕЖЕНЕДЕЛЬНЫЙ 20.12.28 ). Я перезагрузил его один раз в обычном режиме - все было нормально, затем я перезагрузился в режим восстановления, и телефон вошел в Fastbootloop. Что я могу сделать, чтобы перезагрузить его как обычно? Что делать?

Может быть, любой способ установить xiaomi eu ROM через "mi flash tool"?
[/ QUOTE]
Такая же проблема, пришлось ставить другую прошивку(

Please disregard. I've flashed new recovery for grus via fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

So far this version feels like a downgrade on my side. Forced bubbles instead of chat heads in messenger (yeak ik it's because of android and not miui), poorer performance and battery, removed gestures with third party apps paired with a laggy system launcher startup. I'll stick with the last version, either until bubbles improves or someone hacks back chat heads.

Reactions: MarcinL81
Mi9 -Magisk 20.4 ends in bootloop. Press and hold Volume up during this happening to get back to TWRP. Flash ROM again, without Magisk, it will fix it.

Otherwise quite functional, but
Navigation guestures do not work. I suppose it will get to fixed with next beta, now I'll have to stick with navigation buttons.

Like some other guys, I'm having this wifi issue. Simply don't work and when I go to the settings it crash. I did a clean and a dirty flash, always the same issue. Spotify have some bugs too, but for me the wifi is more important. I have a MI 9.
There is any guy that have Mi 9 and don't have this issue to tell us the steps to get everything working?

Poco F2 Pro, a very strange thing, I can't get the gestures to work in the navigation bar. I come from the latest global version 12.2.4.0, using twrp to flash this upgrade, and there is no way the "full screen gestures" option will work. It simply does not recognize the back to home or the "back" gesture.

So i flashed this update, yet I've encountered some bugs.
It may be due to the fact that i didnt do a clean install since july 2019.

What exactly do I have to wipe to get a clean install?

Thanks in advance!

So i flashed this update, yet I've encountered some bugs.
It may be due to the fact that i didnt do a clean install since july 2019.

What exactly do I have to wipe to get a clean install?

Thanks in advance!
I suppose the simplest way would be to do a factory reset. That would clear everything out.

Poco F2 Pro, a very strange thing, I can't get the gestures to work in the navigation bar. I come from the latest global version 12.2.4.0, using twrp to flash this upgrade, and there is no way the "full screen gestures" option will work. It simply does not recognize the back to home or the "back" gesture.
What launcher are you using?

Do you have problem with WiFi on this MIUI? I cannot turn on WiFi or search networks around me. I try everything - restore network settings, restarting, installing ROM again. But nothing is working. Can you help me with that? I don't want to do factory reset and clean installation. Thanks

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Why is it still not possible to group the notifications?
34660a8804935b1854821f4bb3c59369.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Somebody have huge battery drain on Mi10 Umi?
I left it (Mi 10 - umi) for 3 hours. Below is the result (virtually no drain at all - very good):

Attachments

• IMG_20210104_021705.jpg
    IMG_20210104_021705.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Hi together, if you have issues with an app e.g. lucky patcher, you dont have to format or reset your phone…

Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
  1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
  2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
  3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
  4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
  5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
  6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode
Regards Kater

Hello Guys, i have mi 10 ultra and i am using miui 12- 20.9.24(weekly ). Is it possible to upgrade directly miui 12.5 ? Is there any guide for that ?

If your android version is 11 then yes dirty flash is enough
I already did this and everything is smooth & better battery life :D
Sorry for my bad english
Good Luck ;)

Hi together, if you have issues with an app e.g. lucky patcher, you dont have to format or reset your phone…

Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
  1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
  2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
  3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
  4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
  5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
  6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode
Regards Kater
Never knew that it existed. Useful information if needed.

Reactions: rockyanexpert
Never knew that it existed. Useful information if needed.

Hi Iain, and it is working fine :) and you have made a good description for mi10 and twrp.

But I think some people dont know the difference between flash twrp permanent into recovery partition, start not flash twrp with fastboot from twrp file, boot with power on and volume+, fastboot reboot recovery and so on.

And they dont know which version they have to flash permanent and which version they only have to boot from file into memory and if they have to use pattern or pin.

So they are confused and they are writing that they did a reboot in recovery, but it is not working. Because they used the wrong boot option or flashed the wrong twrp version permanent into the recovery partition.

Regards kater

Last edited:
Reactions: Allessa and gkalen
MIUI 12.5 by xiaomi.eu installed OK on MI 9T. dirty flash over last weekly w/o any issues.
install will set new Snow Mountain super wallpaper as default theme; keeps my installed fonts and reset navigation from gestures to buttons (this i have to revert to gestures) all my other settings were kept. VoLTE and VoWIFI works out of box.
have not found any issues so far - all good !

Thank you devs for a great work ! and wish you all a Happy New Year !

see u guys next year ;)

Hey, which TWRP did you use? I updated my 9T from the latest weekly and I'm stuck on MIUI logo at boot

Hi all, my mi10 (umi) will be unlocked this week. So I wanted to ask which twrp should I run in fastboot to flash the weekly rom? Is 3.4.2b-1026 fine?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.