• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
*bug report MI 9SE grus
when i don't have AOD activated
i first have to tap my screen to be able to unlock the phone
this tap can't be on the underdisplay scanner

anyone else experiencing this ?
it has happend before and i thought it had to do with the (aggressive) battery saving of miui

I don't know if the re-uploaded ROM (today) fix this issue. Give it a try (go to the Updater app to search and download today re-uploaded ROM). :)

As judged from the changelog posted earlier today, it didn't. I think it is not worth going through the whole download and update process again in this case.

I have flashed the boot.img and it did not help. Still I need the old ROM version, which has worked for me with and without magisk 21.2
Does anybody have an idea on this matter I am really confused that there is no solution, and I can not use the phone.
I would really appreciate if somebody would share with me the "old" xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_20.12.28_v12-11 ROM version. I have tried everything you suggested without success, the only thing would help is to reflash that ROM version. Thank you for your assistance in advance.

a
Does anybody have an idea on this matter I am really confused that there is no solution, and I can not use the phone.
I would really appreciate if somebody would share with me the "old" xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_20.12.28_v12-11 ROM version. I have tried everything you suggested without success, the only thing would help is to reflash that ROM version. Thank you for your assistance in advance.

A downgrade is not always possible without format data or flash the actual boot image. So you can download the version before 20.12.28 and try it. But, I think something went wrong in your update process. Of course you can do a clean install with format data.

Did you do this:

Last edited:
MI9, MI9SE, HMK20ProMI9TPro REUPLOADED
- Fixed font Spotify
- Fixed launcher gestures
- Fixed NFC Payment (not tested)

after upgraded :
- spotify : fixed
- gesture : KO ! nova still have to used button :(
- NFC : not tested.

EDIT : i have MI9

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterStieber
a

A downgrade is not always possible without format data or flash the actual boot image. So you can download the version before 20.12.28 and try it. But, I think something went wrong in your update process. Of course you can do a clean install with format data.
I do not want to go back/downgrade to an earlier version, I do want to try the earlier/original version of the same ROM. I do not yet prefer to do a clean install because I could face the same problem, additionally with user data/settings/passwords etc. loss.
As we discussed it with you earlier this solution would answer some questions. That is the reason I would like somebody to share that version with me.

I had some Problems with WIFI. Oh I have a Mi9 and I did a dirty flash. My home network was disabled and after reconnecting it didn´t work either.
So I deleted that network and reconnected. Funny thing, now it works without problems, all the other ones too btw.

• Haha
Reactions: PeterStieber
This is exactly what I have already mentioned. Maybe, it would be helpful to create a kind of knowledge base about these special things with a section per different device to see all the differences at a glance? This can be upgraded whenever there's something new. So nobody needs to repeat himself - instead, this thread can simply be linked. What do you think about that, @lain_B?
I can remember commenting on this suggestion some time ago, but I disregarded it because I thought (and hoped!) that it wouldn't be long before it was corrected. But alas, no!
There are already threads for each phone group. Should it be there? Or under 'Questions & Answers'? Whereever it is, it should be easy to refer to, and find.
I am happy to prepare pieces - I now have a file on my PC with different sets of instructions.
[Edit: @gkalen may also want to do something - and @Poney70, and others, etc.]

Last edited:
When I have set a font and clear space on my phone it resets it and I have to redownload and apply the one I was using, anyone else?

When I have set a font and clear space on my phone it resets it and I have to redownload and apply the one I was using, anyone else?
Clear space using what app?
Some apps are very aggressive in the cleaning process and remove valuable files. example...sdmaid

DO NOT UPDATE WITH REVISED FIRMWARE GRUS !!!
cant exit fastboot
worked with former image
I agree, I faced this problem and can not go out from fastboot. By chance would you please share the earlier/working version with me.

I agree, I faced this problem and can not go out from fastboot. By chance would you please share the earlier/working version with me.

fixed it by
fastboot boot twrp.img (where twrp is the recovery image of 3.4.0.0 )

also newer version came online

first gonna full backup and upload the old image on mega or something

(newer version after fastboot brick, can be fastbooted but then atleast the fingerprint and wifi don't work)

Reactions: psydex

Error seen with every app that requires passcode including cloned whatsapp and all in tune apps as well.

You must remember that there are problems with Mi 10 (umi) and TWRP. You must have an earlier version 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) in recovery memory, and leave it there. You can only boot (NOT flash) from Fastboot with 3.4.2b-1206. It takes just over a minute to load and may take a short time for you to be able to input your pattern (not password). If you remember that, you can use it quite freely. I have been using it successfully all the time, booted from Fastboot.

Going from stable or stock to weekly beta you always have to format data partition.

You should be familiar with the Fastboot process, and have available TWRP 3.4.2b-1206, together with the ROM you want to install, on your PC.
You should only boot using this TWRP version through Fastboot - never flash.
Boot into this TWRP
Format data (confirm by entering 'yes')
Reboot back into recovery
Enable MTP (under Mount)
This will enable you to upload the new ROM onto your phone.
Install the new ROM,
Reboot to system.

Additional notes:
The command to boot into the TWRP should be:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img
There is often quite a delay before the TWRP starts, and sometimes a delay before you can enter your pattern.
so if I can't flash twrp, I'll need a pc every week to update weekly rom?

so if I can't flash twrp, I'll need a pc every week to update weekly rom?
No. If you use the TWRP that is with the weekly beta ROMs, you will be able to update by installing by USB-OTG. This TWRP (3.4.0) is an earlier one, and stable. However it does not decrypt; hence having to use USB-OTG.
USB-OTG = putting the new ROM onto a USB memory stick and plugging it into the OTG (Type C) socket.

Reactions: katerpanne
Status
Not open for further replies.