MIUI 11.2 20.3.26 - Last MIUI 11

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers crossed. There will be MIUI 12 update this Friday.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

yeah.... its ready lol
IMG_20200428_220638.jpg

You AGAIN...!!! I really2 cannot understand why you always hurt anybody with your bad words? It seems like you want to fight with anybody anytime... why don't you fight me hah...??? If you cannot response politely, just SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH...!!! If it is still not enough, just you GO TO HELL...!!!
Please stop insulting and spamming!

Sent from my MI 8

Reactions: roymar and Don415
I just installed the beta miui 12 and I will report on what I think.

Positive points:
Very fast
Very, very pretty
The wallpapers and the always-on screen look wonderful.
No choking so far.
Battery lasting well.

Negative points:
The screen is always on, it turns off if you are in a very dark environment, I disabled all battery saving options, I disabled any options related to this so that I never turn off the always on screen, but even so, it turns off and I have to pressing the button to see the clock or some notification, I really didn't like it.

But everything else is wonderful, xiaomi is to be congratulated.

I've just installed the Xiaomi EU ROM onto my Mi 10 Pro, works like a charm.

When Mi UI 12 gets an EU Rom, will that be available via an OTA update? Or will I need to go through the process of installing via Fastboot again?

I've just installed the Xiaomi EU ROM onto my Mi 10 Pro, works like a charm.

When Mi UI 12 gets an EU Rom, will that be available via an OTA update? Or will I need to go through the process of installing via Fastboot again?
There is no more fastboot package when a working TWRP is available. It will be a Recovery zip to flash in TWRP. ;)

Can't confirm about OTA update...

Reactions: nexuseth
There is no more fastboot package when a working TWRP is available. It will be a Recovery zip to flash in TWRP. ;)

Can't confirm about OTA update...

Ah ok thanks. Will prob need a tutorial when the time comes. Does that wipe the whole phone? I know I can reinstall all the apps from backup. But I bet 2FA codes all need resetting up? I don't use Authy for them.

Reactions: joy427
I was just wondering, considering TWRP gets replaced by MIUI Recovery after flashing, would that mean that potential OTAs from Xiaomi would work?

I was just wondering, considering TWRP gets replaced by MIUI Recovery after flashing, would that mean that potential OTAs from Xiaomi would work?
Twrp does not get replaced after flashing Xiaomi.eu rom

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

Twrp does not get replaced after flashing Xiaomi.eu rom

I am talking about the MIUI 12 beta, considering the last 3 pages are all about it. And yes, the official beta build does replace TWRP with MIUI Recovery, which is why I'm wondering if the OTAs could work then, since they are installed through the MIUI Recovery.

I am talking about the MIUI 12 beta, considering the last 3 pages are all about it. And yes, the official beta build does replace TWRP with MIUI Recovery, which is why I'm wondering if the OTAs could work then, since they are installed through the MIUI Recovery.
You probably won't get OTA updates, unless you're in the beta program. If you flash the builds manually, you'll need TWRP.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

There was an update today did you get it ota?

Ah ok thanks. Will prob need a tutorial when the time comes. Does that wipe the whole phone? I know I can reinstall all the apps from backup. But I bet 2FA codes all need resetting up? I don't use Authy for them.
This is how the xiaomi.eu OTA Updater app works:

1) Search if a newer ROM version exists and download it (="Recovery" zip file)
2) Automatically restart your phone in TWRP to flash the update.

Without using Updater app, you need to do these steps manually.

No wipe needed for an update ; that's called a "dirty" flash. ;)

Thanks for sharing. Do you think that I will be able to download and install MIUI12 (EU ROM) through OTA using the same TWRP? Do I need to format data?

I know it is early to ask such questions, but I wanted to know what I might struggle with in the near future. Thanks
Yes you can use the same TWRP. No wipe is mandtory sine is a eu dev rom but is recommended every time a MIUI version or ndroid version is new.

Reactions: joy427 and 3brahim
Should you guys be somewhere else talking about miui12 beta if it's not xiaomi.eu rom? I know it's interesting to hear about it and all but i think we should be talking about xiaomi.eu roms here and maybe another thread would be a better place to talk about all the leaks and other betas and such? Might be confusing to some people and i too have to read them through because it might or might not be about xiaomi.eu roms. I'm not interested to the china beta other than when it's going to get it's eu treatment. I'm sure that will be soon enough. So please make another thread for this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.