MIUI 12.1 20.7.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what can I do?
I've seen people saying they get at least 6h of active use...
I don't track my battery stats or go crazy with SOT, I prefer to go by feeling using my phone as I use it regularly and determine that way if my battery if having better or worse performance. In this latest build I will say I feel my phone working normal battery wise, I get through my day with enough juice left like I've always had. I have my phone with data all the time, syncing push email and with everything on, I mean GPS is always active, Bluetooth etc...
Slds,

Last edited:
Reactions: murilo_foletto
Hello! Please help me!
I've been dealing with battery draining and it's really bothering me. Any help would be really appreciated.
I'm currently using the weekly 20.7.9 ROM. I did a clean install (actually I've restored my cloud's backup from Xiaomi and Google... Not sure if I should do it, I'd appreciate any clarification).
I've also deactivated auto start from most of my apps (I only allowed calendar, alarms and contacts). Still, I don't even get 3h of active use of my device.
Finally, I've summed every item of the "battery usage stats" and it doesn't get 100%.
e81e198907a13beda4890b9552e02d29.jpg
c34d90b9a6400c0085bd9736fad124ed.jpg
01286f668ddf03f2446b01bf3dff1d61.jpg

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Oh my god... This battery life...

I had a lot of problem with the management of the RAM both with the version 2.07 and with the version of this week, instead with the version 18. 6 and the management will say the RAM i fantastic

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_100034.jpg
    IMG_20200714_100034.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_20200714_095909.jpg
    IMG_20200714_095909.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 247
As others have noted, there seems to be a problem on 20.7.9 with device remaining awake when screen is off. Zero doze reported in Better Battery Stats. In previous versions, doze was always 75% plus. Battery life is negatively affected. (Mi Note 10)
Screenshot_2020-07-14-10-44-14-969_com.asksven.betterbatterystats_xdaedition.jpg

Hello! Please help me!
I've been dealing with battery draining and it's really bothering me. Any help would be really appreciated.
I'm currently using the weekly 20.7.9 ROM. I did a clean install (actually I've restored my cloud's backup from Xiaomi and Google... Not sure if I should do it, I'd appreciate any clarification).
I've also deactivated auto start from most of my apps (I only allowed calendar, alarms and contacts). Still, I don't even get 3h of active use of my device.
Finally, I've summed every item of the "battery usage stats" and it doesn't get 100%.
e81e198907a13beda4890b9552e02d29.jpg
c34d90b9a6400c0085bd9736fad124ed.jpg
01286f668ddf03f2446b01bf3dff1d61.jpg

I had the same problem some days ago on Mix2s..whatsapp and instagram have a big battery drain!
so i found that the problem was Beta Version of these two apps!
i went to play store, removed my account from beta testers of Whatsapp and Instagram, uninstalled these two apps, and reinstalled stable version from playstore.
Now the battery is very good and no more battery drains ;)

Reactions: REDMI_GT
I don't track my battery stats or go crazy with SOT, I prefer to go by feeling using my phone as I use it regularly and determine that way if my battery if having better or worse performance. In this latest build I will say I feel my phone working normal battery wise, I get through my day with enough juice left like I've always had. I have my phone with data all the time, syncing push email and with everything on, I mean GPS is always active, Bluetooth etc...
Slds,
View attachment 30890
Thanks for the answer. Obviously you have a much better battery performance... Can you tell me if it's it ok to restore backups after a clean install?

Reactions: REDMI_GT
My Mi 9T dozes like a marmot. So the reason behind it might not just be the version, but a combination of factors.
On 20.7.9 my Mi 9T Pro also sleeps fine when I reboot it but after about an hour it just stays awake all the time and can't catch a single second of doze.
I found out that it's mostly being kept awake by "MamlViewContainer"but I don't know what is that process and even google search doesn't help.

Hello,

as of today a second touch on the screen is not being registered. Can this be software related by any chance? It was working fine yesterday but now I cannot zoom anywhere. I did a test and the second finger will never be registered when touching the screen. Anyone knows something here?

Too much for power consumption of beta version now turned back to ver 11 stable(eu). (Mi 8 lite)

Mi 8 Pro lost 8x zoom on native camera. Each uldate is one less feature in the native camera. Mi 8 Pro continues to be recognized as Mi 8 UD in watermarked photos. Lost the old appeal too.

Mi 9t pro...on latest version ..is there a particular reason in settings/Privacy it says my security update is November 2019?

On RedmiNote8 a lot of applications won't install from Google play. Neither from APKS. It stucks on download forever.??? Very confusing

The Darkmode has Bugs. For example the HP Smart App. The Littlte Picture from my Printer has inverted Colors. And in Snapchat in the Settings i cant read the Settings. Most of all is White. White Words on White Background.
I use the Redmi Note 8.

This is the result I get after applying several changes I got from the web, to fix the no-deep-sleep issue.

Basically, this was what I did was:
1. Reset network settings (Settings - Connection & sharing - Reset WLAN, mobile... - Reset settings)
2. Cleared Google Play Services data and updates (Settings - Apps - Manage apps - Google Play services - Uninstall updates & Clear data)

After a reboot, I charged my phone to full last night.

At around 4 am, Whatsapp woke the phone and kept it awake, so I put battery saver for Whatsapp to "Restrict background apps". The phone went back to deep sleep.

Might or might not work for you but it is worth a try.

Screenshot_2020-07-15-14-38-21-485_com.miui.securitycenter.png Screenshot_2020-07-15-14-38-37-461_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Status
Not open for further replies.