MIUI 12.1 20.8.20

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have issue with Zepp app (Formerly known as Amazfit) running on latest Android 11 based build then update Zepp app to version 5.0.2-play. This version is already fine with Android 11 beta3

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Iago14 and Pezzo
Downgrade to android 10!

Use the search function is your best answer :)

Milan Leposavic
you can try this https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/magisk-manager-not-detecting-magisk.56982/#post-558509
For me, root work partialy, i can't grant apps...

Thank you very much. I will try it now.

It is working as I wanted it to. I have 2 apps previously configured to superuser and they work after installation of this magisk. Also the banking sites do not detect that the phone is rooted.

Before I installed this new magisk, on previous rom (android 10) I already had installed MagiskHide Props Config and renamed magisk to hide it from banking apps.

Now after installation of this Mi 10 magisk, when I first booted phone, I had 2 magisk manager apps, one with original name which has new interface and canary build options and one which I renamed with old interface and no canary build option. When I first run the new one and exit, it dissapeared. Now I only have the renamed one with old interface. But all the apps and modules are working except I don't see my installed modules in the list.

Last edited:
Re-flash the ROM in TWRP if you made a mistake. ;)
Mi6 don't have update since 20.6.18 so it's not possible. And in last 2 version available for Mi6 launcher has problem with disappearing icons. Chinese version fix problem but don't have some nice future.
I wanna try newer version from xiaomi.eu if it solve this problem.

Mi6 don't have update since 20.6.18 so it's not possible. And in last 2 version available for Mi6 launcher has problem with disappearing icons. Chinese version fix problem but don't have some nice future.
@darki, with Mi 9 device, reported this issue here => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/weekly-confirmed-issues-faq.46800/post-556362

He also said it's not fixed in 20.8.20. :(

So, what you can do is to try to use MIUI Launcher version from 20.7.30 update (from another device). :)

@darki, with Mi 9 device, reported this issue here => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/weekly-confirmed-issues-faq.46800/post-556362

He also said it's not fixed in 20.8.20. :(

So, what you can do is to try to use MIUI Launcher version from 20.7.30 update (from another device). :)
Yes, I reported it in the thread you mentioned :D

How can I go back to an earlier launcher version? From apkmirror I can get the apk, but how can I install this apk? The installed launcher version is newer, so this will be a problem.

Yes, I reported it in the thread you mentioned :D

How can I go back to an earlier launcher version? From apkmirror I can get the apk, but how can I install this apk? The installed launcher version is newer, so this will be a problem.
Install this zip in TWRP => TWRP_MIUI_Launcher_xiaomi.eu_20.7.30.zip

Should work without issue but you can also clear all app data of MIUI Launcher app too. :)

;)

I have Mi Mix 2S and just got Mi 10 Pro 5G with 12GB RAM and 512GB Storage...
So, I will be continuing with the Mi 10 Pro while I use my Mi Mix 2S as a wireless display to my Smart TV just for watching movies...

Please, does anyone know how to recover files like Nandroid Backup and Titanium Backup after mistakenly format phone from TWRP Recovery with the typing ”yes" before format?
I assume you have root access, and that you have one working device, and want to copy its setup to another, so you are able to make backups to do this. If you have a NANDroid backup, you can restore from it to the same device using the custom recovery you made it with (TWRP or OrangeFox). But this won't work across different devices. [I've just reread your question - if you have formatted your phone and didn't make a backup before doing so, your data have gone forever.]

Titanium backup shuld be able to restore files, to the same or another Android device, from either a Titanium backup or a NANDroid one. If the backup was made by OrangeFox, for Titanium to see it, it must be moved from a location like /storage/emulated/0/Fox/BACKUPS/<number>/2019-11-18-... to /storage/emulated/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/<number>/2019-11-18-...,where <number> is an 8-digit hex number that is probably device-dependent. Titanium is increasingly unable to restore with later versions of Android (see reviews on the Play Store page for Titanium Backup, which give some detailed tips on improving restoration ability). There may be backup programs that perform better than Titanium (which used to be the gold standard) in restoring to another device, but I don't know. I might post more on backing up in the next few days, in this forum or the one for the next xiamo.eu weekly.

Alternatively you can use the Xiaomi or Google backup systems to transfer some things, but not all; they don't need root access. I don't know how good they are for transferring between different devices.

HTH

Last edited:
Dual app (viber) not working on Poco F2 Pro 20.8.20...when activate dual app primary app constantly reload,i ununstall dual but bug stay
I try clear cache and data and nothing...i go back to andorid 10...11 is very buggy

Last edited:
My Grandson uses my Mi6 with the same beta, no such problems you mentioned.

Reactions: didier_mcleod
Thanks so very highly much for your reply...

You talked about other things I didn't ask but eventually gave answer to what I asked....

I was trying to confirm if I can get back saved backup on my was that I deleted and you answered that I cant.

Once again, thanks so much. In future I will be careful when it comes to deleting lol

im on xiaomi.eu 20.6.18 on xiaomi mi 9. is it fine if i dirty flash this version with TWRP 3.3.1-62 Unofficial by mauronofrio

Mi Note 10 stock camera doesn't have the switch button to the 5X objective.
ad1c69ce490dfdcc1dbebc428a315381.jpg

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.