MIUI 12.2 20.9.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 20.9.24 the voice command "OK Google" doesn't work, as it continually shuts off on the Mi 10 Pro. The swipe from the coener for the Google Assistant is intermitant, working only occasionally.
It is disabled by dev decision.
Wait for further details.

Mi 9T PRO

In MI in account under devices appears
session expired. login again

this probably also has effects on the THEME app

Sorry for my english and greetings from germany

I have this problem.
When i lauch phone dialer, it crash.
Mi9 SE
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a miui theme (or descendant) with this activity.
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:621)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:63)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:43)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:101)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:275)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a miui theme (or descendant) with this activity.
at com.miui.internal.app.ActivityDelegate.installSubDecor(Unknown Source:437)
at com.miui.internal.app.ActivityDelegate.onCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at miui.app.Activity.onCreate(Unknown Source:5)
at com.android.contacts.activities.TransactionSafeActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:0)
at com.android.contacts.ContactsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:7)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:19)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:376)
... 11 more

I have this problem.
When i lauch phone dialer, it crash.
Mi9 SE
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.PeopleActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a miui theme (or descendant) with this activity.
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a miui theme (or descendant) with this activity.
at com.android.contacts.activities.TransactionSafeActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:0)
... 11 more
Try this:
It isn't that hard to read before posting.

hi there i try install beta rom from xiaomi.eu stable and its need formating data ??? why that i read thats is work with dirty flash

hi there i try install beta rom from xiaomi.eu stable and its need formating data ??? why that i read thats is work with dirty flash
Hello, it's recommended but if you don't want to do that and if your phone doesn't boot => You can fix that with a "boot patch" (made by myself). PM me for more info. ;)

Hi… it seems to be hard for some people to read the topics or to use the search function before they post a question.

And often the details are missing in the question. I am exaggerating a little bit… many questions only contain the statement "it does not work".

And a lot people post in the weekly rom thread although the question should be post in another group like "Bugs, Questions & Answers… "
or they dont follow the rules by asking "why is this rom missing, when will it be released and so on"

As a result, the weekly rom thread is spammed and hardly anyone bothered to read everything.

And remember the language in this forum is english!

Most questions can be answered with this hints:
  • Remember… The weekly rom update is a beta version!
    • So it might be that some functions are a little bit laggy or some functions are not working for 100%
  • Read the description on the first page
  • Use the search function
  • If you update / downgrade from "stable or another rom" to weekly or vice versa -> format data
  • In case of errors / FC (force close) / encrypted folders make a clean install (with format data) instead of a dirty installation
    • Format data -> not only wipe in TWRP. There is a difference between "wipe" and "format"
    • Before you format data -> make a backup because your personal files will be gone
  • Clear the cache and folders if exist and reboot:
    • data & cache of the app
    • delete /cache
    • delete /data/dalvik-cache
    • delete /data/system/package_cache
  • Use standard apps (launcher, theme...) and check if the error occurs
    • in case of errors with 3rd party apps asked the 3rd party developer
  • Root & Magisk-Questions:
Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
  1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
  2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
  3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
  4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
  5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
  6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode
Regards Kater

Last edited:
Is there Android 10 gestures supported in this version,and if yes how to enable them? Device RN 8 Ginkgo.

Dear guys ,I encountered an issue recently can't set Mimail to access gmail ,can anyone give me some guidance or suggestion please if is there's solution
...anyone having idea to sort this issue please
Thanks

Dear guys ,I encountered an issue recently can't set Mimail to access gmail ,can anyone give me some guidance or suggestion please if is there's solution
...anyone having idea to sort this issue please
Thanks

Hi… thank you for this question. This is an example of what I have just mentioned. This question belongs in a different category and if you use the search function you will find the answer very quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: eugen200884@
Hi, sure I try to search with no success till now.
Please be open to help ...not all of us are so pro to find everything, apologies for this ...
Still a link would be a great deal , thanks

Reactions: Mali2
Is there Android 10 gestures supported in this version,and if yes how to enable them? Device RN 8 Ginkgo.
No. Xiaomi officially disabled these gestures for low-end devices, including Redmi 7/8/9 series, Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) and Redmi Note 8T (willow).
You may want to ask them to provide the support.

Oh my God! I have installed this update on my MI9SE - tons of problems! Gallery, notes, phone application does not work. Errors keep appearing, graphics get messed up, apps don't work because they don't have permissions. But I cannot give them permission, because settings fail with an error. I tried to install the previous version - the same problems. I tried to install the version from Augus - it loads constantly only in the recovery mod. This is some kind of nightmare. Please help bring the phone back to life. (((
Mi 9se crushes everywhere, ui got smaller.

UPDATE: Here are the logs. During the run I have opened updater, display settings and backup/restore
Lot of errors in this version, RN7, I recommend not to install, reported error in Photo, Security, Telephone and Use of battery

In 20.9.24 the voice command "OK Google" doesn't work, as it continually shuts off on the Mi 10 Pro. The swipe from the coener for the Google Assistant is intermitant, working only occasionally.
It is disabled by dev decision.
Wait for further details.
There won't be any OK Google for Android 11 Snapdragon 865 devices until Xiaomi fixes audio in calls.

Hi,

since the update on my Mi 9 Pro 5G I got an error message after I try to open the contacts.

Code:
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:244)
... 11 more

I have a problem with my RN7, the phone application won't open, I can't access the contacts and make a call!
It's the only problem, how do I solve this?
Thank you!

Hi… it seems to be hard for some people to read the topics or to use the search function before they post a question.

And often the details are missing in the question. I am exaggerating a little bit… many questions only contain the statement "it does not work".

And a lot people post in the weekly rom thread although the question should be post in another group like "Bugs, Questions & Answers… " or they dont follow the rules by asking "why is this rom missing, when will it be released and so on"

As a result, the weekly rom thread is spammed and hardly anyone bothered to read everything.

And remember the language in this forum is english!

Most questions can be answered with this hints:
Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
  1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
  2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
  3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
  4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
  5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
  6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode
Regards Kater
A MUST!
Deserve to be sticked in red letters.. for further use.

Status
Not open for further replies.