[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

I have TDB enabled CM11 on Sys1 Wiui on Sys2, I just chose sys1 to update CWM. (don't think that it makes a difference on which sys you flash recovery, thats also the reason why you need to reflash CWM after you flashed Wiui for example)
In my case it was just that simple. ;)

I hope i don't write bullshit, if this is the case, sorry.

Reactions: graw2 and M1cha
i had a bug with the latest update (15.03). when i flashed it, for some reason it disabled TDB, so i had to enable it again. this did not happen with the last but one update (13.03_2). anyhow, everything is working perfectly!!! :)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk
13.03_02 had a bug which caused that TDB gets disabled somtimes :)

Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh
THX but I think it is not so simple. What system partition should I install/update the new version of CWM? If I have installed the previous version on system2 and I am updating CWM to system1, than I will have two different version of CWM. I cannot remember what system partition I used for installing CWM previously.
It really doesn't matter because mi2 has one recovery partition only.

It really doesn't matter because mi2 has one recovery partition only.
Thx for your support! So, I just need to install the new version of cwm over the previous one, and does not matter what system partition I am using for update. And no need to install cwm on both system partition, only one. Am I right? Sorry for to much questions.... I just wanna make sure...

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: erlkönig
In previous CWM versions when asked after the ROM update: "rom my flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?"
If I selected "yes" that kept cwm, if I selected "no" also kept cwm.

I think if selected "no" the cwm recovery should be replaced by the stock recovery. Am I right? If yes, is it fixed in newest version?

not disabling recovery flash doesn't mean that stock recovery will be flashed.
if you've disabled it in the past it keeps being disabled until you flash a stock-rom
And even then you have to boot into that rom first

Reactions: graw2
Thx! Anyway what should I choose to keep cwm recovery? What is the effect if I choose "no" for that question above?
Sorry for many questions but please understand these are not too clear for everyone... Thx in advance!

If you select no stock recovery will be flashed on next boot of your installed stock-rom

Not too easy. Installed Stock rom from cwm? Miui android weekly releases are stock ROMs?

I have installed the newest version of cwm recovery (2014.03.15) from the previous version (2014.03.13-2), but I cannot see the update was successfully or not, because the main version numbers are the same (6.0.4.7).

There isn't any way for a normal user to see the difference.
But I don't see a reason why it shouldn't have worked :)

Reactions: graw2
m1cha a little question (i write here because probably is much better to do here, at least for me). You compiled the philz version with the previous version of github (before you fix these bug) so the philz cwm have the same bug of the previous version of cwm?

Is it just me or the new recovery takes longer to reboot?
I updated from old version 2013-11-15 to latest version 2014-03-15 by flash the zip in old recovery, I haven't done any further test but noticed the recovery "freeze" after I select reboot about 10 seconds then the questions about if I'd like to fix su for both systems come up, If I answer no, it freeze again about 3 seconds then acturally reboot, is it normal? There weren't any freezing with the old recovery.

I have ivan's AOSP 4.4.2 in system0, TDB enabled by the old recovery, system1 is empty (I fotmated /system1 and /data1 before with the old recovery) Looking forward to your next CM update :)

Last edited:
I have no any issue with newest cwm recovery so far. Working perfectly with MIUI android 4.3.14

M1cha: What is this function: "update zip from sideload"
I have no idea how to use it...

with adb sideload you can install a zip from your computer without copying it to the phone's sdcard before.
I don't know if there are any GUI-Tools for this feature but the adb command is "adb sideload /path/to/update.zip"

Reactions: graw2 and Lepi
m1cha a little question (i write here because probably is much better to do here, at least for me). You compiled the philz version with the previous version of github (before you fix these bug) so the philz cwm have the same bug of the previous version of cwm?
Philz Touch CWM was uploaded on: 2014-03-15 11:22:15
Latest CWM was uploaded on: 2014-03-15 11:30:18

Unless in those 8 minutes and 3 seconds M1cha managed to compile CWM again, from an updated source and upload it, I see no reason for concern :p

update to 2014-03-23:
- kernel change to allow "adb reboot dload"

this is for people who broke their partition table during re-partitioning but still can boot into CWM.
You can use the command "adb reboot bootloader" to reboot your device into dload mode so you don't need to do the tweezer shotcut to do so.

Hi M1cha,

If I would like to update CWM recovery 6.0.4.7 from release 2014.03.15 to 2014.03.23 is it necessary to rename file name to update.zip? Or just simply reboot to CWM->install zip->chose zip from storage and browse the original file: "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.7-aries-20140323-signed.zip"?

Up to now I always renamed the file name to update.zip as shown on the first page. If no need to rename is more simple... Thx!