[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

Remove all the rows staring with get.prop inside updater-script with a Unix/os x notepad program or notepad++ if you're using winzozz. This file is inside the meta-inf folder of the zip

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
so i guess this line:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "aries" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "aries");
is that all or i need to remove ALL that consist getprop?
thanks for the trikcs, anyway, what is that and why the latest CWM has problem with it?

EDIT: still get error status 7:
symlinks: some symlink failed

Last edited:
Features:
  • install zip from sdcard or sideload into system1 or system2
  • backup system1 and system2 individual or together into one package
  • much choices of where you want to restore backups to
  • mount and format system1 or system2
  • fix permissions on system1 or system2
  • set bootmode to system1 or system2
  • automatically checks for install-recovery.sh on both systems and asks you if you want to delete them
  • TrueDualBoot
TrueDualBoot notes:
Enabling or disabling TDB will completely wipe your data-partition. Once enabled your data partition will be VIRTUALLY split which means that both systems together can use the full space of the data-partition.
There are some things which will break TDB:
  • everything which removes CWM(like Xiaomi Updater App's live install)
  • ROM's which don't support mount_ext4.sh (I did not see any ROM without support yet)
Changelog:
Code:
2014-03-23:
- kernel change to allow "adb reboot dload"

2014-03-15:
- fix restoring backups with TDB enabled

2014-03-13-2:
- fix error when installing zip's
- unmount data when switching system

2014-03-13:
- update to CWM 6.0.4.7
- use opensource(4.4) kernel
- USB-OTG support
- use global choice for system
- prepare for merge into CM(for official CWM)

2013-11-15
- support 4.4 roms

2013-05-24:
- update to CWM 6.0.3.2

2013-04-13:
- fix flashing modem1

2013-04-06:
- update kernel to fix boot on MIUI since 3.4.5

2013-03-24:
- update to CWM 6.0.3.0
- block access to recovery partition from android
  look here for more information: [URL]https://github.com/M1cha/android_bootable_recovery/commit/333f6101e155ebe4e6eba577719fd13680e06c71[/URL]

2013-03-09:
- introduce TrueDualBoot feature
- backup/restore boot1 because it was missing in first release(CHECK YOUR OLD BACKUPS!!)
- show existing images in advanced restore menu only and provide system-selection
- merge upstream commits(from cyanogenmod)

2013-02-22:
first release
Download:
http://d-h.st/users/M1cha/?fld_id=11289#files

Sourcecode:
https://github.com/M1cha/android_bootable_recovery/tree/cm-10.1

Donate:
I do this just for fun but if you like my work it would be great if you want to spend me a beer :)

Installation:
  1. Download latest recovery-signed-***.zip
  2. if you are on stock recovery: Copy the file as “update.zip” in the root directory of your sdcard
  3. Reboot into recovery and install the zip file
Final notes:
Please be aware that your phone has only ONE data-partition. If you have TrueDualBoot disabled that means:
  • You can't install AOSP and MIUI on one phone
  • If you wipe your data, the settings in both systems will be deleted
Furthermore you shouldn't use the feature of MIUI-Updater app which lets you install during running system. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall CWM after every update.

nice quote :D

@shocks dump /tmp/recovery.log after the failed installation from within CWM
now i have copied the recovery.log from clockworkmod folder but it will be very long if i copy here.
most error is this:
failed to mkdir /system/xbin/zcat: No space left on device
i will post the complete log but it will very long. do i need to?

Last edited:
now i have copied the recovery.log from clockworkmod folder but it will be very long if i copy here.
most error is this:
failed to mkdir /system/xbin/zcat: No space left on device
i will post the complete log but it will very long. do i need to?
Lol... Paste in on paste.ubuntu.com it's very slow but it can upload bigger files than pastebin.com that's faster. Select as language logtalk
I think you should run repartition script to make your system partitions bigger

nice quote :D

@shocks dump /tmp/recovery.log after the failed installation from within CWM
Lol... Paste in on paste.ubuntu.com it's very slow but it can upload bigger files than pastebin.com that's faster. Select as language logtalk
I think you should run repartition script to make your system partitions bigger

so here is the recovery.log for colorOS
http://pastebin.com/LRABhyga

please take a review so i am sure i have to repartition my system. thanks

well. your system partition isn't big enough for the ROM. for whatever reason...

TDB doesn't affect the size of the system partition
it seems the dev of colorOS has uploaded the correct ROM. previously after unzip it is 514 MB (clearly not fit on system) now is 490 MB and i can install it with no error. thanks M1cha!

Features:
  • automatically checks for install-recovery.sh on both systems and asks you if you want to delete them
  • TrueDualBoot
TrueDualBoot notes:
Enabling or disabling TDB will completely wipe your data-partition. Once enabled your data partition will be VIRTUALLY split which means that both systems together can use the full space of the data-partition.
  • ROM's which don't support mount_ext4.sh (I did not see any ROM without support yet)
Changelog:
Code:
2014-03-23:

2014-03-15:

2014-03-13-2:

2014-03-13:
- update to CWM 6.0.4.7
- USB-OTG support

2013-11-15
- support 4.4 roms

2013-05-24:
- update to CWM 6.0.3.2

2013-04-13:
- fix flashing modem1

2013-04-06:

2013-03-24:
- update to CWM 6.0.3.0
  look here for more information: [URL]https://github.com/M1cha/android_bootable_recovery/commit/333f6101e155ebe4e6eba577719fd13680e06c71[/URL]

2013-03-09:
- backup/restore boot1 because it was missing in first release(CHECK YOUR OLD BACKUPS!!)
- show existing images in advanced restore menu only and provide system-selection

2013-02-22:
first release
Download:

Sourcecode:

Donate:
I do this just for fun but if you like my work it would be great if you want to spend me a beer :)

Installation:
  2. if you are on stock recovery: Copy the file as “update.zip” in the root directory of your sdcard
Final notes:
Please be aware that your phone has only ONE data-partition. If you have TrueDualBoot disabled that means:
Furthermore you shouldn't use the feature of MIUI-Updater app which lets you install during running system. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall CWM after every update.

Features:
  • TrueDualBoot
TrueDualBoot notes:
Changelog:
Code:
2014-03-23:

2014-03-15:

2014-03-13-2:

2014-03-13:
- update to CWM 6.0.4.7
- USB-OTG support

2013-11-15
- support 4.4 roms

2013-05-24:
- update to CWM 6.0.3.2

2013-04-13:
- fix flashing modem1

2013-04-06:

2013-03-24:
- update to CWM 6.0.3.0

2013-03-09:

2013-02-22:
first release
Download:

Sourcecode:

Donate:

Installation:
Final notes:

People either like quoting or they refer to points regarding backup and restore feature being crossed - that's how it is displayed in firefox browser on android at least. Tapatalk displays it normally.

Does someone else has problem installing the lastest LewaOS with CWM 47 ?

Envoyé de mon MI 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Just to let you know that it works with cwm 6.0.4.8

Envoyé de mon MI 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Perhaps this is the noobiest of all nooblet questions (I've had the mi2s for around 3 days now and am itching to try out other ROMs), but I can't seem to get ROM Manager to download and install from play store. It's coming up with : "Unknown error code during application installation: "-25"".

What am I doing wrong here? Seems like I'm stumbling at the first hurdle. I am currently running the multilang rom and have root access.

Cheers

Perhaps this is the noobiest of all nooblet questions (I've had the mi2s for around 3 days now and am itching to try out other ROMs), but I can't seem to get ROM Manager to download and install from play store. It's coming up with : "Unknown error code during application installation: "-25"".

What am I doing wrong here? Seems like I'm stumbling at the first hurdle. I am currently running the multilang rom and have root access.

Cheers
Lol. Why ROM manager? Now it's useless. When we'll get cm support we'll get support from rom manager and maybe a cwm touch too. Now simply download zip, install and enjoy

Reactions: commnsns
Lol. Why ROM manager? Now it's useless. When we'll get cm support we'll get support from rom manager and maybe a cwm touch too. Now simply download zip, install and enjoy

:) like I said, proper nooblet question I guess..

This is awesome!

Downside is that you can't use whatsapp on both systems, because you can't install whatsapp on ''2'' phones.
Is there a way to fix this somehow?

This is awesome!

Downside is that you can't use whatsapp on both systems, because you can't install whatsapp on ''2'' phones.
Is there a way to fix this somehow?
How do they see a difference? I thought they use imeis/mac adresses which are the same on both system.
You also could try to backup the data from the working system and restore it to the non-working system(with titanium or helium).

How do they see a difference? I thought they use imeis/mac adresses which are the same on both system.
You also could try to backup the data from the working system and restore it to the non-working system(with titanium or helium).

Your probably right I must have messed something up myself by denying imei and mac adress with XPrivacy.

edit:
Both systems now have the same imei and mac still whatsapp says it can't be installed on both phones. Do you know any other way Whatsapp uses to identify my phone?

edit2:
Totally unrestricted both whatsapps still gives this error :(

Does anyone use whatsapp on both systems without a problem?

Last edited:
Your probably right I must have messed something up myself by denying imei and mac adress with XPrivacy.

edit:
Both systems now have the same imei and mac still whatsapp says it can't be installed on both phones. Do you know any other way Whatsapp uses to identify my phone?

edit2:

you should first try to get whatsapp working on one system before doing anything else.
And then you should transfer it's data via titanium or helium to the other system.

edit:

edit2:

I have whatsapp on both systems, no problems. I restored it with Titanium Backup. Messages only arrive to the active system, though (when you boot to the other system they are not there)

Last edited: