[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

So if I understand correctly cwm recovery backup makes a backup of everything (including ROM).
So this means that if I use cwm recovery backup, I can't restore my backup into a different ROM, right?

It backups partitions not datas

Sent from my mi²s

Okay so suppose a partition is completely empty (no ROM, no user data, nothing), I would be able to restore everything by using cwm recovery backup?
Thanks for bothering so far.

Okay so suppose a partition is completely empty (no ROM, no user data, nothing), I would be able to restore everything by using cwm recovery backup?
Thanks for bothering so far.
yea but you shouldn't use /data from other ROM's because most of them are incompatible.
If you want to backup/restore single apps, you should use apps like Helium

Reactions: Infinitely
So this means that if I use cwm recovery backup, I can't restore my backup into a different ROM, right?
Titanium Backup should be able to extract apps from a nandroid backup and restore them. I have never used it, though, and have apps backed up "redundantly" by TB instead.

Last edited:
Hello, M1cha. Could it be possible that you release a f2fs ready version of your recovery ? I think it shouldn't be too hard as it seems you just got to add staticly the tool. On top of increasing significantly performances it tends to decrease the deterioration of flash drives over the time.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 10 en utilisant Tapatalk

No answer :((( . I would defintly provide a kernel running f2fs for our community if you could release that ;((. Already got a recovery working for sgs4 That would be so amazing we got that filesytem

I don't know if it's just me but enabling USB storage to my PC has never ever worked in this recovery (or any recovery for that matter). In all three versions I have used I get the same result.

It works now but windows says the drive needs to be formatted first. :/

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just me but enabling USB storage to my PC has never ever worked in this recovery (or any recovery for that matter). In all three versions I have used I get the same result.
It works fine for me. Maybe it's windows that cannot mount mtp well

Sent from my mi²s

It works fine for me. Maybe it's windows that cannot mount mtp well

Sent from my mi²s
It was a driver issue, so I forced windows to check and install them but now it says the drive needs to be formated first... But I don't want to lose my files lol.

Hi all,
I'm new to miui, but not new to android. I've installed CWM recovery, enabled true dual boot and installed MIUI dev 4.5.23 JB on system 2 and WIUI 4.5.23 KK on system1. All seems to work very well! I'm doing some tests now but there are a couple of things which are not clear at all:
1) I enabled true dual boot, but from system1 i can still see folders of apps which i have installed in system2 and viceversa (photos for example are mixed in the same folder) Is it normal ? I think data partitions should be completely separated...

2) Nandroid backup is separated for partition1 and partition2 or does it contains both the partitions ?

3) There is a way to backup and restore also the recovery ?

Thanks in advance!

1) I enabled true dual boot, but from system1 i can still see folders of apps which i have installed in system2 and viceversa (photos for example are mixed in the same folder) Is it normal ? I think data partitions should be completely separated...
You're mixing meanings. "data" usually refers to a partition mounted as /data. On this partitition, the user apps are stored (together with their settings) and this partition is not usually accessible to a user (unless with escalated privileges).
"sdcard" or "internal storage" is what you probably refer to and yes, this partition is shared between the two systems. It usually works fine (I guess majority of users would want to have their photos and music collection just once on the sdcard, wouldn't they?), in other cases it is worse:
  • e.g. some apps store some of their user data on the sdcard, too - e.g. TitaniumBackup, podcasts apps, and lot of others. Usually, this is not a problem since I use the same apps from both systems.
  • Apps 2 SD move some of the apps to the sdcard (are these those asec containers?): this might be a problem, because it is like sharing /data partition between the two systems: better avoid it.
Hence, you have to be a bit carefull and better not use different versions of apps in the two systems simultaneously.

2) Nandroid backup is separated for partition1 and partition2 or does it contains both the partitions ?
The former is true. You can restore any backup to any system, they are not specifically marked as "System1" or "System2".
3) There is a way to backup and restore also the recovery ?
CWM does not backup many partitions, recovery seems to be included though.
This is the list of partitions:
Code:
$ adb shell cat /proc/partitions
major    minor  #blocks name         by-name

179        0   30535680 mmcblk0         
179        1      87040 mmcblk0p1    modem
179        2      87040 mmcblk0p2    modem1
179        3        512 mmcblk0p3    sbl1
179        4        512 mmcblk0p4    sbl2
179        5       1024 mmcblk0p5    sbl3
179        6       1024 mmcblk0p6    rpm
179        7       1024 mmcblk0p7    tz
179        8        512 mmcblk0p8    DDR
179        9       4096 mmcblk0p9    aboot
179       10       1024 mmcblk0p10   misc
179       11       2920 mmcblk0p11   logo
179       12        780 mmcblk0p12   m9kefs1
179       13        780 mmcblk0p13   m9kefs2
179       14          1 mmcblk0p14   m9kefsc
179       15       8302 mmcblk0p15   bk1
179       16        780 mmcblk0p16   m9kefs3
179       17      64756 mmcblk0p17   bk2
179       18      15360 mmcblk0p18   boot
179       19      15360 mmcblk0p19   boot1
179       20      15360 mmcblk0p20   recovery
179       21      11264 mmcblk0p21   bk3
179       22       8192 mmcblk0p22   persist
179       23     524288 mmcblk0p23   system
179       24     524288 mmcblk0p24   system1
179       25     393216 mmcblk0p25   cache
179       26    3670016 mmcblk0p26   userdata
179       27   25096175 mmcblk0p27   storage
And this is what the files in sdcard/clockworkmod backup directory are:
Code:
boot.img
cache.ext4.tar.gz
cache.ext4.tar.gz.a
data.ext4.tar.gz
data.ext4.tar.gz.a
recovery.img
system.ext4.tar.gz
system.ext4.tar.gz.a
.android_secure.ext4.tar.gz
.android_secure.ext4.tar.gz.a
Some ROMS (MIUI, WIUI) flash also the contents of "modem" (and possibly other partititions like "boot"), while some other (CM11) do not. Thus you need to think a bit what CWM can restore and what not.

Regarding recovery backup & restore: you can do pretty much the same by flashing the recovery zip again (the few user settings are stored in "sdcard"/clockworkmod/.* files anyway).

Reactions: jjletho67
Am I right, If TDB enabled data partition will be the half? Some people complaining they have not enough space on data storage if TDB enabled.

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

Am I right, If TDB enabled data partition will be the half?
Not exactly half. They will dynamically share the available space in the single existing "data" partition. If you lack space for apps in System2, you may get it by removing (uninstalling) some apps in System1, and vice versa. Use some app to find out which installed app consumes the most space. Deleting some cached content (Firefox) may help, too.

Reactions: graw2
I'm trying to make a backup of system 1 but halfway through the process I get 'Error while making a backup image of /data!' I already tried mounting '/data' under 'mounts and storage'.

@micha: with so many useful features integrated in miui rom, why you prefer CM over miui? Asking this just out of curiousity

Basicly cm is Google stock ROM optimized. Furthermore miui is always late. So you got something more modular it integrate lib optimized for arch etc...

So it's mostly a question of preference

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Basicly cm is Google stock ROM optimized. Furthermore miui is always late. So you got something more modular it integrate lib optimized for arch etc...

So it's mostly a question of preference

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk
Totally wrong

Sent from my nexus 7