[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

sudo fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
[sudo] password for ivan:
sending 'recovery' (7196 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.552s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.525s]
finished. total time: 1.077s
NOT working on 32gb xiaomi mi2 too (5 minutes on the grey MI logo now)
M1cha, I'll try to explain what happened to me:
1. miuiandroid 3.3.29 with cwm - before update
2. 3.4.5 from miui.com - reboot in cwm , factory reset , wipe dalvic , flash rom in system1 and system2
3. prevent stock recovery from installing in sys1 and sys2
4. reboot and enjoy miui,
5. miuiandroid is out , reboot to cwm , absolutely the same procedure and cwm was gone for good :(
basically I believe I did nothing out of the ordinary.

Ok I now have this problem, too.
The crazy thing is that I've flashed new miui, booted it. rebooted into CWM and then flashed gapps.
So at this point CWM still worked. But now it doesn't anymore.

It seems they've done someting with bootloader. I updated the kernel to the new one and now I can boot CWM again.
Here is the updated version: http://d-h.st/c3l

Can someone who didn't update his phone flash this to try if this works on original phones, too?

I really don't know what happens there and I can't reproduce it.

If I understand it correctly - after installation both recovery and system don't boot?

System boot work and rom 3.4.5 working but without any Recovery o_O

The crazy thing is that I've flashed new miui, booted it. rebooted into CWM and then flashed gapps.

It seems they've done someting with bootloader. I updated the kernel to the new one and now I can boot CWM again.

Can someone who didn't update his phone flash this to try if this works on original phones, too?

OK, problem solved. :)

M1cha, thank you very much for all your hard work for Xiaomi phones. ;)

Recovery works , flashed 3.4.5 from it just now. Everything's fine.
M1cha thanks for everything especially for CWM and your lightning fast cooperation, appreciated.

exelent ! Thanx
I dont know how it works, but
Installes 3.4.5 and recowery was gone
Installed 3.4.5 via update couple times and had both systems thesame
after I installed fixed recowery and I`m back on dualboot with old settings on both systems different like it was in the begining.
now ewerything works like before

I'm wondering why did you need to flash gapps when for xiaomi phones it's included at least miuandroid builds

its this problem only on mi-2?

Sent from my MI-ONE Plus using Tapatalk 2

I read something about gapps in the thread however I think they did not cause the problem.

Sure they didn't , all the issues happened without any gapps. I don't need these and I'm glad if they are not included anymore - less work for me with titanium backup :) What caused the issue is inside the rom archive 100%

I would say there is some incompatibility with bootloader but:
1) someone said after downgrade it still doesn't work
2) screen doesn't get reset which means phone hangs very early
3) my custom kernel is still working

I also confirm that downgrading the rom couldn't help, but I don't know if the bootloader is actually downgraded after flashing. I mean if you have the new bootloader (from 3.4.5) would it it be also downgraded via miflash/updater.apk or these tools would just skip it and keep the newer one.

I would say there is some incompatibility with bootloader but:
1) someone said after downgrade it still doesn't work
2) screen doesn't get reset which means phone hangs very early
3) my custom kernel is still working

Tested again:

After installing the 3.4.5 but again previous rom versions where the old CWM worked no longer work. Installing the new version of CWM if it works in previous roms

Also with the new version of CWM when installing another rom and reboot and you can not enable MiRecovery choosing "NO" --> ("NO" o "Yes - Disable recovery flash on system ...")

Miflash didn't function after Friday update.. Tried Fastboot flash latest cwm recovery.img. Cwm flash workable 3.4.5 but swapping systems wasn't available + tdb didn't function. Had boot hangs constantly when flashing to system 1

Fastboot flash all components from 3.4.5 - mi recovery flash latest cwm. Tdb is now working (3.4.5 + Native Android QDTO7).

Thank you M1Cha for the fast rescue this weekend :)
Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

M1cha I inform you that in my Mi1, the CWM works perfectly with the rom v3.4.5. :). Thanx

Enviado desde mi MI-ONE Plus usando Tapatalk 2

Thanks from my end again. Your newest recovery works great.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

the cwm 03/24 still work on my device with miui 3.4.5

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

guys, wajk told me to rename in system/etc/ folder "install-recovery.backup" to "install-recovery.sh" to eneter mirecovery for Mi2, but I can't find the file he is mentioning.

Can you guys please guide me? I checked his zip pack, doesn't have such file either.

CWM deletes this file. if you want to restore MiRecovery you have to extract the file from the installation zip-file.

Is there anyway I can recover to Mirecovery then?

edit: Downloaded official MIUI Android rom, still can't find the file

edit2: found it in recovery folder... so where should I copy it?

Bro, I really can't find it. Now that I downloaded miuiandroid I found the install-recovery.sh
From your pack, I only found recovery.img and recovery-from-boot.p

Maybe your zip is corrupt.
Download ROM again, thnx.

I now know why you can't downgrade your phone anymore after you've flashed MIUI3.4.5.
The reason is that they've updated touchscreen firmware and the older kernels don't have the firmware flash feature enabled.
And because this isn't enough this driver then completely crashes the kernel. Here's the log:

<6>[ 2.664550] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Family ID: 82 Variant ID: 29 Version: 1.1 Build: 0x01 Object Num: 24
<6>[ 2.675721] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: In chip crc = 0xc, 0x2b, 0xdd
<6>[ 2.677674] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Current config version on the controller is 1.1.2
<6>[ 2.677735] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: lcd id = 1
<6>[ 2.677765] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: index = 4
<3>[ 2.677796] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Haven't found matched config!
<3>[ 2.677796] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Unable to find matching config in pdata
<6>[ 2.677826] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: No cfg data defined, skipping check reg init
<6>[ 2.679291] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Matrix X Size: 24 Matrix Y Size: 14
<3>[ 2.773294] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Firmware name not specified in platform data
<3>[ 2.773325] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Unable to update firmware!