[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

Thank you M1cha!!

So from now on we don't need to install ClockWorkMod Recovey all over again every time we use the updater app?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Just if you don't use live-install(use the update via recovery method).
The reason for that is easy: The App can't write recovery anymore. But if it fresh installs a new system and reboots into it there wasn't any chance for CWM to remove or block recovery-flash.

I forgot something to say: To enable the new recovery flash blocker you need to reboot into new version of recovery once and choose reboot. CWM will patch the files then.

Thanks for the great job :D
Is this going to be a touch recovery anytime soon?
Maybe but not soon. For now it's important that everything is working.
Currently my priority is on custom kernel.(lcd backlight works but I have some trouble powering on the panel itself).
Next week my university starts again and then I won't have that much time until july.

M1cha
There are you plans for M1 (MiOne).?
I don't have a way to test it but I'll make a build and upload it into mi1's devhost folder soon.

I don't have a way to test it but I'll make a build and upload it into mi1's devhost folder soon.
Very well.
Let's wait and write if something goes wrong as it should (but I'm sure that everything will be fine)

...Currently my priority is on custom kernel.(lcd backlight works but I have some trouble powering on the panel itself)....

ohh, great news, thnx for your hard working
th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

I have a problem with "Mount USB Storage".
After selecting this option, nothing appears on my computer...

Using Latest CWM version: 6.0.3.0

I have a problem with "Mount USB Storage".
After selecting this option, nothing appears on my computer...

Using Latest CWM version: 6.0.3.0

Maybe the phone does not support usb storage in this traditional way. It can share internal stoage in mptfs file system which appears like media device in windows. CWM probably does not support this mptfs thingy.
That is my best bet just now.

Reactions: type-R
Maybe the phone does not support usb storage in this traditional way. It can share internal stoage in mptfs file system which appears like media device in windows. CWM probably does not support this mptfs thingy.
That is my best bet just now.

I don't see why USB-MS wouldn't work on an internal partition... The fact that the ROMs don't support anything but MTP shouldn't restrict what CWM can do.

M1cha - could you please look into this? MTP is too unreliable for me so I'd like to transfer files in recovery mode if possible.

If you go to recovery and mount usb storage , then go back , select "advanced" and select "show log" you can see some info about what was going on. The log mentions something about LUN file and other developer related stuff.
withoutwings, as a temporary solution you could try adb file transfer capabilities and see if this is reliable enough.
M1cha thanks for this recovery. Keep it up

try this: http://d-h.st/OH7
UMS should be fixed.

Still nothing happens I'm afraid. :(

I then looked into device manager, where I saw an unknown "MI2" entry (USB\VID_18D1&PID_D001&REV_0228) that Win7 doesn't know what to do with. So I tried to update the driver manually, and chose "USB composite device". This then recognised that there was a USB-MS device attached but it tells me that it wants to format the volume so I politely declined that... so still not working fully. :(

Also now in device manager there is a new unknown entry - USB\VID_18D1&PID_D001&REV_0228&MI_00. <-- Should I tell it that one is ADB?

EDIT: I had to go through a similar fight to get the MIUIAndroid ROM's drivers installed by Windows basically by guessing which unknown device needed which driver..

I've enabled adb and ums. I've just tried in Linux where it works perfectly.
If it's a driver problem I have no idea. Maybe someone with more knowledge about windows can help.

I've enabled adb and ums. I've just tried in Linux where it works perfectly.
If it's a driver problem I have no idea. Maybe someone with more knowledge about windows can help.
I'll try in Linux myself when I get the chance and see if I can spot what's going on. But I don't think this is a driver issue now since Windows can see the drive - it just doesn't recognise the filesystem for some reason?

EDIT: I had previously formatted the internal storage using CWM. What filesystem does it use? Perhaps something other than FAT or NTFS?

EDIT2: Internal storage is ext4 according to the 'mount' command in a terminal emulator. How can I change this to FAT32 or NTFS without breaking things? I mean could I let Windows do it?

since android 4.1 storage ist formated as ext4. Android uses a fuse driver to emulate vfat.
CWM can't do that and Windows does not support ext4. Aren't there any tools for windows to read unix partitions?

http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

Using this I can access the sdcard after mounting ums, I can save files from sd to my hard drive but I can't seem to figure out how to write files. Drag'n'drop doesn't work.

Edit: Unrelated but you can use QtADB (ADB gui), mount /sdcard and easily transfer files from and to your device.

Reactions: Shewky
since android 4.1 storage ist formated as ext4. Android uses a fuse driver to emulate vfat.
CWM can't do that and Windows does not support ext4. Aren't there any tools for windows to read unix partitions?
Ah fair enough, well it's not the end of the world I suppose - I do have a dual-booting PC so will use Linux when I need to do large reliable transfers.

Actually if FUSE is already in use, then why are /data and /storage separate partitions? I find having only 3GB for apps really limiting given the size of many games these days.

Could they be combined somehow?

They aren't combined because companies do not follow all standards :p
Because there currently is no way to change the partition table it's not possible.

However if it would be possible it would break compatibility with all roms and you would need to modify each before installing.