[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

Is there a way I can backup my current data partition and reinject it once I enabled tdb?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.8-aries-20130222-signed.zip
renamed to update.zip on the home
rebooted to mi-recovery, install update.zip to systemOne

--> update.zip signature verification failed

(system one has miui v5 3.3.1)

so I have this - what was the answer please as it says on this thread not to use updater app.
also is the boot2 no wifi thing fixed please?

Hi M1cha

Installed dualboot miui5 and aosp.

Working great. Thank you!

Im interested in how it works.

We have two system partitions and one data partition.
You made another data partition virtualy, where did you get the virtual space from?
From internal sdcard or how does it works?

He just slip streams a extra mount command into the boot chain bind mounting a subfolder into /data.

Reactions: bajo76
You can use Updater but you must not use it's feature to install during running system.

if you add your banking account they debit the money if your paypal account doesn't have enough money :p
But thx anyway it's great to see the people like my work :)

M1cha, after installing both roms I can reinject my latest data of Miui V5 into the Miui partition. So will it be the same as I have now? Or do I have to manage everything again from the start?

M1cha, will it be update for CWM Recovery for MiOne, like Your did it for Mi-Two?

I mean TrueDualBoot. ;)
Shouldn't be a problem. I'll take a look soon.

M1cha, after installing both roms I can reinject my latest data of Miui V5 into the Miui partition. So will it be the same as I have now? Or do I have to manage everything again from the start?
yes it will be the same.

Reactions: type-R and lekzzz
M1cha

I used CWM in other Android phones but when I got my Mi-2 never bother me the stock Recovery but you did a great job with the porting and the TDB, really congratulations! Finally I can install MIUI and AOSP.:)

Tnx a lot, just one more before I start. I've got the 16gb version of Mi2. Will it take a lot of storage?

CWM itself does not need additional storage. If you enable TDB you should take care of the amount of apps you install on each system.

Reactions: lekzzz
I Installed the AOSP but I don't have touchscreen possibility :confused: So I can't do anything

Hi, M1cha! Thanks for your CWM for Mi-One. I have a couple of questions about some options in it.
What exactly does "backup & restore > free unused backup space" option?
And: What "advanced > partition sd-card" option for? I saw there's suboptions from 128M to 4G, but dont really undestand purpose of this...

you need "free unused backup space" only if you use "dup" as backup format which stores backups in a other way.
It deletes files of backups you deleted.

about the other option: I don't know I never used this option.

Reactions: SetazeR
m1cha i have a request if is possible. You can move the voice from advanced (wipe dalvik cache) and from mount e storage (format system, format data, etc etc) in one voice in the menu. Example Wipe e format and you add all these voice :D And another request is font is too small. Thanks anyway

After I install new version of CWM (09/03/2013) from Updater of System2, I can't boot to my System1 which has/had a Rom with independent /data storage :(
It doesn't matter wich system I choose from advanced > active system = I always boot in system2 partition. Can I fix this? And boot to the first partition???

I don't quite understand your problem, but from what I understood the updater switched your system configuration from 2 to 1 while installing cwm.

Just change the active system to 2 in cwm and retry.

EDIT: AHHH now I understand your problem!
I'm sorry to tell you but the updater wiped out your system 1...

You see, the updater app works in 4 steps...

1. it wipes the inactive system (in your case system 1)
2. it copies the active system into the inactive one (system 2 into system 1)
3. it applies the script from the update.zip file (installs cwm in your case)
4. it switches the bootflag to boot the previously inactive system

What you experience as system 1 booting system 2 is actually the simple fact that, by using the updater app, you cloned system 2 into system 1.