[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

Is this the same case in QDT07? Have not tried to downgrade(and probably wont) just wondering.

I now know why you can't downgrade your phone anymore after you've flashed MIUI3.4.5.
The reason is that they've updated touchscreen firmware and the older kernels don't have the firmware flash feature enabled.
And because this isn't enough this driver then completely crashes the kernel. Here's the log:

<6>[ 2.664550] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Family ID: 82 Variant ID: 29 Version: 1.1 Build: 0x01 Object Num: 24
<6>[ 2.675721] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: In chip crc = 0xc, 0x2b, 0xdd
<6>[ 2.677674] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Current config version on the controller is 1.1.2
<6>[ 2.677735] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: lcd id = 1
<6>[ 2.677765] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: index = 4
<3>[ 2.677796] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Haven't found matched config!
<3>[ 2.677796] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Unable to find matching config in pdata
<6>[ 2.677826] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: No cfg data defined, skipping check reg init
<6>[ 2.679291] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Matrix X Size: 24 Matrix Y Size: 14
<3>[ 2.773294] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Firmware name not specified in platform data
<3>[ 2.773325] atmel_mxt_ts 3-004b: Unable to update firmware!

hoping for new open kernel from good dev (you :D ) can remove all these stupid problem.

Is this the same case in QDT07? Have not tried to downgrade(and probably wont) just wondering.
I don't know but you'll see that if you try :D
However once you've the new touchscreen firmware you can't use any kernel without integrated firmware anymore.
But what we could do is repacking boot.img's with new kernel to make old rom's boot again.

hoping for new open kernel from good dev (you :D ) can remove all these stupid problem.
To be serious the new kernel isn't stupid - the old one is because he doesn't have a firmware which can be flashed in case of errors.
And you should know that the kernel would not work with MIUI.

EDIT: oh and because the fixed recvery contains new kernel, too once you boot into it you have upgraded the touchscreen fw, too which means if you are on v4 and you install CWM you can't boot v4 anymore.

EDIT2: No I just saw they upgrade fw via userspace (boot.img) so the fixed recovery.img will not break older rom's. and that means all kernels do contain the firmware and maybe I could dump and downgrade it.

ok i understand :p i only see for error this git and shows to you. I'm not much expert of cooking room and for this reason i show if in case this users have worked good.

Reactions: M1cha
QDT07 works after using MIUI 3.4.5. Tried yesterday.
Had to flash the 3.4.5 kernel to get past the boot logo after trying QCS99, just like m1cha has posted. QDT07 boots fine.

Reactions: grondinm
So that must have been part of the reason for QDT07...new kernel

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

hi,
I just installed CWM, enabled TDB.. on system 1 I have MIUI 3.4.5 and I tried to install JLB12 on system 2. Installed zip, wiped data&cache for system 2 but it won't pass the boot (MI) logo...
any ideas?

btw could somebody confirm if it works like this:
-we have 2 separate system partitions
-2 data partitions (with TDB - 1 "real" and 1 "virtual"?
-1 boot partiton - which means the 2 ROMs need to use the same kernel?

Due to recent changes in miui V5 like M1cha said - touchscreen firmware update - it is not possible to boot/downgrade older versions of roms on that phone. This new implementation for touchscreen crashes older kernels that don't support it.
You can have latest stock jelly bean now , 3.4.5 roms and try your luck on 3.3.29 . Older versions will most likely be a waste of time.
On a side note - wiping is usually done before flashing.
Cheers and good luck :)

JLB = stable rom, which is pretty dated and it uses MIUI , while stock on the other hand does not have MIUI - it is simple Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with the black and blue menus, with its stock icons etc. Others tested that hardware performance is pretty much the same between stock and MIUI so the main differences should be considered visual and functionality. I'm a MIUI fan myself.
"Stock" in this case refers to a rom without MIUI but with its original interface.

This doesn't seems to be official and this is only a very basic config. I've created CM10.1 device tree for Mi2 already.
I am just a learner .I am curious about how do you get all the config for Mi2? port from nexus 4? Forget it if the question bothers you.:D

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the clarification on the touchscreen firmware update.. QDTO7 and 3.4.5 are the only ROMS that work now on my device. I an confirm that I was trying to downgrade to Stable JLB12 but it won't work if done by any process: MiFlash, manual fastboot, Mirecovery or CWM - I will hand the phone to my friend so I am anxiously waiting for an updated Stable version with the new kernel.

I am just a learner .I am curious about how do you get all the config for Mi2? port from nexus 4? Forget it if the question bothers you.:D

I've used Nexus4 tree as base but you could also create it yourself from scratch - it's just more work.

In the version (recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.0-aries-20130406) there are errors in the work.
For example, when formatting system from the menu MOUNT, the system will not be cleared.
Or if you do wipe & reset, is not always it is activated.
Or with different Firmware updates from ZIP files, which previously worked, now they are not sewn, for example a radio from version 3.3.1.
I understand that after the firmware 3.3.4 in General is not very clear, what and how was work, but it seems that it is all the same problem Racovery.

There's a JLB14, posted 09-APR (I think, not sure): http://www.miui.com/thread-790375-1-1.html . Don't know what's changed or which version of MIUI this is, did not install it.</OT>

update-log:(by using google Translate tools)
New Ticket Hotline quickly and automatically redial
Add weather new air pollution index
Add music to support high-definition album art download
Adding bulk SMS, intelligent call can be customized
Add new cloud album, support manual upload pictures
New album to add to create a cloud album (clouds albums top right corner of the page)
"Sticky" function to add new message thread details page menu
New recorder default MP3 audio format, and supports recording pause
The optimization significantly enhance SMS session page display and sliding speed
Import initiative dialed number, the optimization of anti-disturb, call records import blacklist
The optimization significantly enhance write a text message, the top of the screen "display speed of the recent contacts
The optimization significantly enhance the MMS load and paddling speed
Scaling logic, optimizing the picture to see an enlarged view pictures full screen automatically
Optimization of the new upgrade calculator
The optimization substantially updated service number library
Optimize the bulk SMS generation method for intelligent call
The optimization increased Gallery page switching animation
To optimize optimize the into contact details page display
Optimize long notes text number and website support shortcuts

System
New MTP Help interface increased to guide users to download
Repair to improve compatibility with Alipay
Repair Bluetooth headset to listen to music was interrupted by the phone can not play,
Repair retrieve the phone does not sound when the lock screen problem
Repair every day sounds when playing music, the lock screen will be skipped
Repair some cases the WiFi display cause the phone not responding
The repair call recording and recording at the same time open the system can not record
Fix some misuse HSPA network can not use questions
Phone
New Ticket Hotline quickly and automatically redial
To optimize update the attribution to the database
Optimized to enhance the vibration intensity when the call
Optimize the update attribution data
Repair call using a Bluetooth headset can not reject a call
Contact
Adding bulk SMS, intelligent call can be customized
Add only a small picture of the contacts, the background color will change according to the contact picture
The optimization substantially updated service number library
Optimize the bulk SMS generation method for intelligent call
The SMS icon hit area optimization expanded details page
To optimize optimize the into contact details page display
Repair first boot or clear contact data, do some "New Contact" button at the bottom does not appear
Can not repair some cases the new contacts on the SIM card
SMS
Adding bulk SMS intelligently fill in the call (bulk SMS, point input box on the left of the plus sign, select "mass call")
"Sticky" function to add new message thread details page menu
The optimization significantly enhance SMS session page display and sliding speed
The optimization significantly enhance the MMS load and paddling speed
The optimization significantly enhance write a text message, the top of the screen "display speed of the recent contacts
Optimized and streamlined SMS accessories directory listing
Optimize private messages will not appear in the favorites SMS
User Agreement dialog box will pop up optimization for the first time to view recommended SMS write text messages (including to view recommended SMS or planning to "recommended" in the message list page)
Lock screen, status bar, notification bar
Optimization of the expansion of the "delete" key in the lock screen page response area
Repair emergency dialing in lock screen interface, reducing the font size of the input box at the top
Desktop
Optimized Desktop default layout
Theme
The new Variety framework support access to data on the compass
The new Variety framework support access to the data in the broadcast message
Optimize certain third-party theme, perfect icon display
Optimize the drop-down list style adjustment.
Repair when the subject does not provide a quick switch background add a switch FC
Repair part of the theme theme effect after you restart the phone incomplete
Repair preset theme can not be updated
Camera New video low-power mode options
To repair camera video from the SMS Huaping problem
Repair continuous shooting may cause the camera closes unexpectedly
Gallery
Add new cloud album, support manual upload pictures
New create cloud album (cloud album upper right corner of the page)
Scaling logic, the picture automatically optimize the picture to see an enlarged view full-screen
Optimized to increase the page switching animation
Optimize the projection equipment dialog box showing V5 style
Repair support to send pictures via NFC
Repair image editing: Use of the frame of the "film" effect when the gallery closes unexpectedly · repair manual upload pictures, Sort incorrect
Fix media scanner document classification error in some cases
Music
New HD album cover download
New Air Pollution Index
Optimize not displayed by default recording folder
Set up
Optimize LED light color settings, remove the orange
Repair when exit from account to unlock the interface (including the successful landing of account), input method Collapse
Repair when from account unlock interface successfully unlocked, reset all password settings
Successful repair choose a tone, when the ring name spaces can not be replaced
Repair in the Password Settings page, change the PIN to "digital"
App Store
Optimization to increase the default text search box embedded in the local application management page
Copywriting optimization tips signatures do not match
Authorization Manager
Repair permissions management interface dislocation problem
Recorder
Added support for MP3 format recording
New recording pause function
Optimize the call recording, the recording stop pause instead calls automatically continue recording
Optimize the notice to remove the play and pause playback
Optimize the recording, the recorder will not be Task Manager to close
Anti-disturb
Optimize the call log import the blacklist, do not import the active number dialed
Notes
New search results highlighted
Add browser search results, the keyboard automatically hide
New grid mode, switch the search to increase the gradient animation
Optimize reserves the search results will not switch with the page disappeared
Optimize mobile notes, you can create notes folder
Optimize long notes text number and website support shortcuts
Repair special notes to upgrade the database failed
Repair restore notes backup fails exceptional circumstances
Other
Add new calculator
Pay / recharge
The center of the new meters currency exchange function of increase meters currency coupons
New desktop system and security "folder, increase meters currency Center entrance