[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

Hi guys,

I've just read that some of you installed this cwm recovery to Mi2S, but just to be really sure ...

Is this custome cwm recovery suitable for a Xiaomi Mi2S 32GB?

many thanks in advance

Hi guys,

I've just read that some of you installed this cwm recovery to Mi2S, but just to be really sure ...

Is this custome cwm recovery suitable for a Xiaomi Mi2S 32GB?

many thanks in advance

hal9000

If you have read for those who actually said that installed and are running CWM in their Mi-2S like gamergod and it's working it's up to you to decide if you wanna install or not. Anything that modify your device/brick/burn isn't responsability of anyone(include the developer) but only yours.

Have fun and share your results!:D

hal9000

If you have read for those who actually said that installed and are running CWM in their Mi-2S like gamergod and it's working it's up to you to decide if you wanna install or not. Anything that modify your device/brick/burn isn't responsability of anyone(include the developer) but only yours.

Have fun and share your results!:D
Ehi mate, sorry but ...

Just to say what I actually think, I don't think your post is useful or helpful ..

All mods/tweaks are without any warranty, I'm not a newbie and I know what I do, and what to do

Also, to say clearer, I have a Mi2 with this same cwm recovery and I am thankful to M1cha for his great work

But my question is:

Is this recovery suitable also for Mi2S 32gb version?

If you (dextructor) don't know, you can simply decide to not answer me ;-)

So ...

Who knows if this recovery does work with Mi2S 32gb version?

Can I flash it safely, as on Mi2?

Thanks a lot

Inviato da Xiaomi Mi2 con tapatalk pro 2

Reactions: vivalasven
Flashing recovery normally is never unsafe because u can just flash stock recovery via fastboot if it wouldn't boot.
If the focus of your question is on 32gb: the memory size doesnt matter for CWM.
if it's on mi2S: The hardware differences between mi2 and mi2 are very minimal. You can flash everything which was made for mi2.

but still - no warranty :D

Reactions: hal9000
Thanks M1cha for your reply,

just learned that this 2 devices are not so diffent (I thought the cpus were more different, but I was wrong), thanks also for this info.

just one more question:

I've read that many users encountered problems after updating their roms: for example I read someone who said the cwm recovery disappeared, and so on ..

I come from a starting situation: just unboxed the Mi2S, so to speak ...

Have I to do some step in particular before flashing the last cwm recovery (like enable root permssions and such things), or is it safe to do it directly (I think so, but I just want to be sure 100%)?

Thanks a lot in advance for any reply

I've never got enough information of guys who said that they have problems.
The only thing which can prevent recovery from booting is a new touchscreen firmware.(which currently does not exist).

You can't be 100% sure but however boot problems are easy to fix if you don't shredder your bootloader :D
But I understand ur purposes, it's hard to modify a phone you've just unboxed :)

ok, man

thanks for your advices

I think the first thing I'll do, is flashing your cwm recovery, 'cause I don't like stock stuff

then I'll flash the last developer rom version on system 1 and the last (quite)stable stock android ("vanilla") .. which version you advice of this rom? QDT10? or which other?

hal9000

It's in you right to judge if my post is or isn't helpful/useful, but I was telling things that are already on this thread.

M1cha ported CWM for the Mi-2 and not all the functions work. The Mi-2S is quite similar but it's not the same and one or more functions may not work.

As I said gamergod is one of the few that confirmed CWM it's working on his Mi-2S but don't give much details about 100% functionality on his device.

The only ROM that break the CWM in history was 3.4.5, but after one fix from M1cha worked well since then. The only thing that you have to do it's aways have an backup fo your data in case that something goes wrong and flash CWM, no special instructions, just the 3 steps from the opening post.

This is a community that grows by contribuition of knowledge of developers and users that share their time/effort to help creating/fixing tools, tewaks and ROM's.

then I'll flash the last developer rom version on system 1 and the last (quite)stable stock android ("vanilla") .. which version you advice of this rom? QDT10? or which other?

hal9000

Right now we have 3 options for ROM

Stock Android QDT10 (vanilla)
Stock MIUI
WIUI

In Xiaomi BBS (http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/topic-mirom.html) they didn't specify if vanilla is for Mi-2S but geek78 confirmed that worked in his device. If lenny_kano didn't abbandoned MIUI we still have an 4th option of ROM, but with M1cha progress with the opensource kernel maybe soon we can get Cyanogenmod, Paranoid, AOKP to this device.

The Mi-2S is quite similar but it's not the same and one or more functions may not work.

Can you be more specific on this? The only difference I know about is the updated SoC and the new camera.
Both should be supported by all newer if not even old versions of MIUI.

Can you be more specific on this? The only difference I know about is the updated SoC and the new camera.
Both should be supported by all newer if not even old versions of MIUI.

M1cha

As you know Xiaomi didn't revel all the stuff from their devices, and I didn't see anyone so far making an teardown complete of Mi-2S to compare properly then I assume it has his differences.

ok guys,

I can confirm that this CWM recovery works perfectly also with Mi2S 32GB version

just flashed cwm recovery with the simple 3 steps on the first post of this thread, then enabled TDB, then flashed on system1 the latest developer version for Mi2 (also for the rom it seems there's no problem with Mi2S) ..

Now I have miui dev 3.5.24 on system1 and JLB16 on system2

at the moment I think it's enough for me .. I don't think I'll try QDT10 very soon, 'cause I'm not a fan of android vanilla UI

thanks for your help guys.

(M1cha, it would be great if you plan to make that simple app, to switch between systems without doing it manually from the recovery menu .. don't you think so?)

regards

(M1cha, it would be great if you plan to make that simple app, to switch between systems without doing it manually from the recovery menu .. don't you think so?)

hal9000

In MIUI V4 and in Lenox OS lenny_kano make in the power menu and option to switch between systems, but in V5 changed the framework etc didn't worked at all. One of latest post's of lenny_kano was the same menu but to V5, he didn't have time or something to compile it, it's up to our beloved developers to do it.

hal9000

In MIUI V4 and in Lenox OS lenny_kano make in the power menu and option to switch between systems, but in V5 changed the framework etc didn't worked at all. One of latest post's of lenny_kano was the same menu but to V5, he didn't have time or something to compile it, it's up to our beloved developers to do it.

Use this script to switch between systems.The script should be run using the program Gscript. You can also create a desktop shortcut to run the script.

Attachments

• switch4system.zip
    331 bytes · Views: 194
Reactions: type-R and hal9000
Thanks gdb417

I don't like very much gscript .. maybe I'll use android terminal emulator

As far as I know, there are no differences .. or am I wrong?

Thanks

Thanks gdb417

I don't like very much gscript .. maybe I'll use android terminal emulator

As far as I know, there are no differences .. or am I wrong?

Thanks

As You wish. It will work. The only plus Gscript is that you can create a shortcut to restart

Reactions: type-R
A password would be useless because u always can install your own recovery/roms via fastboot.
And I don't want to add features except dualboot stuff because this is a port and not a modded cwm.

Reactions: type-R
hal9000

Right now we have 3 options for ROM

Stock Android QDT10 (vanilla)
Stock MIUI
WIUI

In Xiaomi BBS (http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/topic-mirom.html) they didn't specify if vanilla is for Mi-2S but geek78 confirmed that worked in his device. If lenny_kano didn't abbandoned MIUI we still have an 4th option of ROM, but with M1cha progress with the opensource kernel maybe soon we can get Cyanogenmod, Paranoid, AOKP to this device.

Link: http://en.miui.com/thread-3755-1-1.html

We have a 4th now.

Reactions: xeGox
Flash rom with updater app and wifi will work again.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2