MIUI 12.5 21.1.13/14

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh nooo and i cant flash miui stable back? i will lost a lot of data :(
when you installed the new ROM did you do any wipe? or did you just install ?. downgrade is possible but maybe you should flash the vbmeta.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

when you installed the new ROM did you do any wipe? or did you just install ?. downgrade is possible but maybe you should flash the vbmeta.

I dont do any wipe only flash the rom. how to flash vbmeta?

Miui 12 Stable... So its a upgrade and not a downgrade...
[Edit: Lol, Poney probably gave a better answer.]
Ahh, it's ~essential you factory reset when moving from stable to beta.. ahh. I ~can't suggest much other than:
At least take a nandroid backup before you start deleting and save it extrenally. If you want copy the internal storage as well. You'll probably lose apps and app data. ~Most of them might use accounts amd are backed up online. The offline apps though...

[Edit: Lol, Poney probably gave a better answer.]
Ahh, it's ~essential you factory reset when moving from stable to beta.. ahh. I ~can't suggest much other than:
At least take a nandroid backup before you start deleting and save it extrenally. If you want copy the internal storage as well. You'll probably lose apps and app data. ~Most of them might use accounts amd are backed up online. The offline apps though...

when i try to do a nandroid backup i receive the message: Failed.

i will try to flash stable back.

@yorgwarez I think I found them. This thread has ~every twrp for xiaomi phones: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-recovery-list-of-relevant-recovery-in-one-place.57730/
Mi 10 Ultra is named cas, right? There you are: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318210
Flash little turtle, boot the 1208. It may take a little while to boot into the new twrp. (Check my note on the previous message first.)

Many thanks once more mate! Thanks to you I reinstalled TWRP (3.4.0 didn't work and crashed so I reinstalled to 4.3.2b for Mi Ultra from link provided by you) and seems to work :) New MIUI is on board up &running :)

I dont do any wipe only flash the rom. how to flash vbmeta?
download vbmeta from the web or extract it from the rom , copy it to the adb tools folder, open the command window, connect your phone to fastboot ( Same as twrp)

now i wrote fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img, when finished just type fastboot reboot

If everything goes well, it should load without problems ... if not, the problem was the update, as we have mentioned, there is a difference between 12.3 and 12.5 and that is why many of us had problems with the recovery's.Good luck

I think that there are still many people who do not fully realise that these weekly ROMs are BETA - typically that means that these are very much experimental and for testing and are NOT necessarily totally stable. Also, for some actions, like moving between style of ROM, there are set procedures. Simple searches will often bring up the correct procedures.

You should not really be using your important or critical data with these beta ROMs. You risk losing it. If you do use important data then you should regularly be taking backups, especially if you are about to go through any procedure where there might be a risk of bricking, boot-looping, or a risk of losing your data.

I use fairly important data on my phone. However, I am frequently backing up. Any backups I do on my phone I copy to my PC; and my data is synchronised with my PC anyway. Everyone has their own preferences for backups. I explained my backups at some length last week .

[Edit: An extra comment: I do not like using the cloud, eg. for backups. That's just my personal preference. ;)]

Last edited:
Anyone can tell ur experience if have laggy animations in the interface? Mi9t pro?

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T Pro mediante Tapatalk

@Iain_B
I'm of the same opinion like you. Before every weekly upgrade, I fully backup my apps and app data (Alpha Backup or Migrate) as well as the partitions data, super and boot to my very fast usb otg drive. So I can either restore the full partitions when sticking with the same ROM or only apps and app data when changing to another.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K30 Pro mit Tapatalk

So my experience so far for my Mi9, coming from a clean fastboot flash and installing TWRP and the ROM brand spanking new:
- Battery life is great.
- Disabled the voice stuff and the google app... it really makes a big difference! Apps like Google Maps and Keep were extremely slow until the voice has been silenced..
- Animations / App opening still feels slow though.. Changed the Animation speed to .5x and 1.5x just for fun, but I think there is a real difference in the actual app opening speed and small interface lags.
- Mi Calendar still only syncs the birthday calendar of my google account, after I install the actual Google Calendar app.
- Rooted with Magisk 21.3 and restored some apps with their data from A10 with Swift.. no issues. Really like Swift as a backup solution for the future and can highly recommend to Root users.
- Like the new Sound themes! Now my Phone sounds like an elephant

Hello, its almost the same... In Google photos every time i delete a photo asks to confirm... A little bit annoying..
e790873d88e0bcbac0463cf9845f3589.jpg

Enviado do meu Mi 9 Lite através do Tapatalk
Same. Google photos ask to confirm allow permission everytime I delete photo.

I think miui bug.
How can we disable turn off gallery privacy protection setting in MIUI

Redmi K30 5G
24 hrs after
The scroll in google discovery goes to jumps
Also when you switch between screens
When you close applications to home
Otherwise everything works very well.

Hi guys,

maybe a dumb question but I´ll ask anyways.
Im on Mi 9Lite and got MIUI 12.5 and Android 11 just with the last update 6/7.01. Since then, I´m not able to "delete" (swipe) notifications away from the lockscreen.
Before with Android 10 and MIUI 12 it was possible to swipe away notifications firectly from the lockscreen. Now I have to unlock the phone and then delete notifications. So the question, is it a bug or a feature?

Thanks!

Sorry, but want to push this up again.
Can anyone comment on this!?

Thanks!

Hi!
Since this version I can't install YouTube Vanced. Vanced Manager stays on "Please be patient" on both root or non-root versions. The loading bar keeps moving but I can't use the app unless I force close it.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Hi!
Since this version I can't install YouTube Vanced. Vanced Manager stays on "Please be patient" on both root or non-root versions. The loading bar keeps moving but I can't use the app unless I force close it.
Is this happening to anyone else?
I cant install the root variant on my Mi10T Lite but i can use nonroot just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.