MIUI 12.6 21.10.27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, did someone else experienced a drastic decreasing battery autonomy in this update? mi 10 umi
Yeah. Mine mi 10 (umi) have same behaviour. Dirty flashed from previous release.

Sometimes battery drains so much that even if phone connected to low power charger it looses battery level. Discharging while charging :)
This battery drain started from previous release for me. And it happens in random manner. Most of the time it works fine. and reboot seems to fix that for some time. Tried clear cache from Security app, format Cache part and clear Delvik in TWRP and delete package_cache folder and performed bg-dexopt-job. No result.

Not sure, but in Setting -> Battery noticed "Other" with elevated battery usage. Or maybe its normal, idk. 29.96% and 4.46 mAh.

Today noticed this. I have AccuBattery installed for monitoring battery. I left phone charging for all night, my charger can provide about 0.5-0.8 Ah (it's a "low-power" wireless charger). So when I woke up and checked phone it shows 93% of battery level and phone was pretty warm (it should not be this warm). So I checked history in AccuBattery and it shows that phone charges normally from 1 to 100% and this took 6h 4m but then it started to discharge for 1h 36m. It's a lot of drain for 1.5h even if it was not connected to charger, but it was. This is not normal behaviour if you ask me. See screenshot :)

Hope this wil be fixed in future releases. This ROM is so awesome!
Huge thanks to devs from xiaomi eu!
Screenshot_2021-11-03-06-56-47-722_com.digibites.accubattery.png

Last edited:
After updating to current weekly i got 3% standby drain.
In my case this was because of a magisk module (miui launcher fix).
Maybe miui "fights" against "old" magisk fixes, progress never stands still :emoji_thinking:

My impression is that "others" draining battery are those modules running at root level, ie a few weeks
ago i fixed battery drain by clearing app data for "google play services".

Give disabling magisk modules a try if you're rooted (reboot afterwards), if no result: Well.... No idea

Yeah. Mine mi 10 (umi) have same behaviour. Dirty flashed from previous release.

Sometimes battery drains so much that even if phone connected to low power charger it looses battery level. Discharging when charging :)
This battery drain started from previous release for me. And it happens in random manner. Most of the time it works fine. and reboot seems to fix that for some time. Tried clear cache from Security app, format Cache part and clear Delvik in TWRP and delete package_cache folder and bg-dexopt-job. No result.

Not sure, but in Setting -> Battery noticed "Other" with elevated battery usage. Or maybe its normal, idk. 29.96% and 4.46 mAh/

Today noticed this. I have AccuBattery installed for monitoring battery. I left phone charging for all night, my charger can provide about 0.5-0.8 Ah (it's a "low-power" wireless charger). So when I woke up and checked phone it shows 93% of battery level and phone was pretty warm (it should not be this warm). So I checked history in AccuBattery and it shows that phone charges normally from 1 to 100% and this took 6h 4m but then it started to discharge for 1h 36m. See screenshot :)

Hope this wil be fixed in future releases. It's really annoyingView attachment 39492

Did you read the changelog ? Any error I posted here isn't a xiaomi known issue !
As I already said I don't know which error is xiaomi , or xiaomi.eu ! Do you know something else ?! I don't think so !
You are so kind! keep your support in order to reach the perfect tomorrow rom!

• Haha
Reactions: JiaiJ
Maybe miui "fights" against "old" magisk fixes, progress never stands still :emoji_thinking:

My impression is that "others" draining battery are those modules running at root level, ie a few weeks

Give disabling magisk modules a try if you're rooted (reboot afterwards), if no result: Well.... No idea
Unfortunatley I don't use Magisk at all. So this is not an issue for me.

But following your advice, I just cleared all data of Google Play Services, Google Play, Google Pay, Google Services Framework. All Google. And rebooted. Maybe it will work. Thanks!

Sometimes battery drains so much that even if phone connected to low power charger it looses battery level. Discharging while charging :)
This battery drain started from previous release for me. And it happens in random manner. Most of the time it works fine. and reboot seems to fix that for some time. Tried clear cache from Security app, format Cache part and clear Delvik in TWRP and delete package_cache folder and performed bg-dexopt-job. No result.

Not sure, but in Setting -> Battery noticed "Other" with elevated battery usage. Or maybe its normal, idk. 29.96% and 4.46 mAh.

Today noticed this. I have AccuBattery installed for monitoring battery. I left phone charging for all night, my charger can provide about 0.5-0.8 Ah (it's a "low-power" wireless charger). So when I woke up and checked phone it shows 93% of battery level and phone was pretty warm (it should not be this warm). So I checked history in AccuBattery and it shows that phone charges normally from 1 to 100% and this took 6h 4m but then it started to discharge for 1h 36m. It's a lot of drain for 1.5h even if it was not connected to charger, but it was. This is not normal behaviour if you ask me. See screenshot :)

Hope this wil be fixed in future releases. This ROM is so awesome!
Huge thanks to devs from xiaomi eu!
If your battery drain increases after a ROM update, you will have to re-check many of your settings. For instance, a few weeks ago, all of the apps that I had put on 'Restrict background apps' under Battery saver had all reverted to the default of Battery saver (recommended). We have to accept that we are working with BETA ROMs.

You will need to look at your graph and isolate the times of unexpected high consumption. You can then see where the power is being consumed, and so review the settings for those item(s). I always have the Battery optimization setting on 'Power' (previously 'Battery saver'). Under 'Fix 1 battery usage issue', check to see which apps are draining the battery, and if one or more crops up regularly which should not, then check those settings.

It is very rare for it to be a bug causing high battery consumption - it is your own settings that would need reviewing.

If your battery drain increases after a ROM update, you will have to re-check many of your settings. For instance, a few weeks ago, all of the apps that I had put on 'Restrict background apps' under Battery saver had all reverted to the default of Battery saver (recommended). We have to accept that we are working with BETA ROMs.

You will need to look at your graph and isolate the times of unexpected high consumption. You can then see where the power is being consumed, and so review the settings for those item(s). I always have the Battery optimization setting on 'Power' (previously 'Battery saver'). Under 'Fix 1 battery usage issue', check to see which apps are draining the battery, and if one or more crops up regularly which should not, then check those settings.

It is very rare for it to be a bug causing high battery consumption - it is your own settings that would need reviewing.
First of all, I've never forget about beta status of this ROM. Even more, I like to be participant in beta. It's so much fun

About setting, autostart and background restrictions. I've thought about it too because of that exact case you mentioned, about settings reset weeks ago. So I checked and it was fine, all my settings are in place. I even checked security logs of apps behaviour. It shows, that it's working. Multiple entries about restrictions of apps autostart and other privacy stuff.

And I checked "fix 1 battery usage issue" and it showed Google Play Services. So today I cleared all data of all google apps. So far there is no unexpected battery drain noticed.

Maybe it helped ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

May be it will come back. But you're right, it has to be my settings or some wrong behaviour of particular apps. If it will come out again, I will check all of what you mentioned. Thanks!

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Iain_B

Very unlikely that it's magisk modules behind the others. It's ~the os. Install gsam battery monitor @Krampus, for proper viewing of the battery usage. I explain it kinda better here.

Unfortunately, there is no memory expansion in Greece either ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-03-08-41-45-011_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-03-08-41-45-011_com.android.settings.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 265
Mi 11 here anybody facing an issue when locking screen it turns black and unresponsive and volume buttons wont work too only way out is to restart the phone?

Mi 11 here anybody facing an issue when locking screen it turns black and unresponsive and volume buttons wont work too only way out is to restart the phone?
no --- my mi 11 is working fine except "own sound setting" on MI MESSENGER is always gone after PHONE RESTART

So I have a problem now:
My phone just did a random reboot by itself. Now it is stuck in bootlooping. I could hijack the bootloop into bootloader. But it only stays for about 5 seconds before rebooting again.
I tried in the meantime fastboot flash boot boot.img (the original from the ROM), write boot succeed, but it still does the reboot thing. So I'm pretty sure Magisk (root) is not the issue here.

I tried fastboot reboot-recovery but it didn't work as well.

Any idea what could cause this sudden reboot into infinite reboot and what else I could try? I'm on the latest weekly.

EDIT: Ok, after 2 hours of self rebooting, finally it enters recovery. probably from the recovery command I sent earlier. Shut down my phone from recovery, and turned on. it is normal again. Weird!!

Last edited:
As you can see it is not really there, and I was wondering if the function has disappeared to others who have the Poco F3 with the 21.10.27 or earlier if the function has disappeared, and therefore it has been removed. But mine was just curiosity

ec7b07d3a1c11a716e112aa4e2104131.jpg

Inviato dal mio M2012K11AC utilizzando Tapatalk
My Poco F3 with A12:

Attachments

• 1635940394712.jpg
    1635940394712.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 1635940394715.jpg
    1635940394715.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 278
Is possible to restore this watermark, it was couple updates before it change to redmi note 9 . I have Gauguin

Attachments

• IMG_20211103_130218.jpg
    IMG_20211103_130218.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 262
Is possible to restore this watermark, it was couple updates before it change to redmi note 9 . I have Gauguin
No. As it requires changing certain device props that could potentially break other stuff.

I'm sure it's not there I checked everywhere can you tell me exactly where it is? I have 21.10.27

Here it is. Sorry for the photo quality but Tapatalk don't let me upload for better
1fd0bf7f44ac5fc25dfdc6ca1c941472.jpg
352185c82406429c12a254137c9761be.jpg
af26cdaf0601911a07a355dae037febe.jpg

From poco f3 via Tapatalk

Here it is. Sorry for the photo quality but Tapatalk don't let me upload for better
1fd0bf7f44ac5fc25dfdc6ca1c941472.jpg
352185c82406429c12a254137c9761be.jpg
af26cdaf0601911a07a355dae037febe.jpg

From poco f3 via Tapatalk
Ok but why isn't there just me? I would just like to understand this, if anyone can explain it to me

Status
Not open for further replies.