MIUI 12.6 21.4.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also did the optimize with a "success" message and then i entered the command "exit". (took about 15 minutes or less, not having many apps).

I'm currently getting about 4 hours SOT with mobile data always on - because im always on the road and the device is not resting ...always changes from GSM(2g) to 3g (and) to 4g... (2g - villages).

Always using "tidy system" method and im ok, exclude the sounds problems that thankfully fixed !!!
What kind of backup can i do with TWRP and still have a clean flash after? Backup only DATA partition ? is that a good idea?
I just want a clean flash from the part of the clean system... (sorry for long post )
I'm not sure exactly what you mean about 'a clean flash after'. Clean flash implies no data - starting from the beginning.
So, what I have done is made my normal backup with TWRP - that is 23.2 Gb. Restoring that will put me back in exactly the same position as I was when I made the backup. @Blastboom Strice correctly describes it as being like an "image".
I then did a Factory reset, and took another backup. That was 10.7 Gb. That will be a completely clean system, ready for the initial setup. Having followed a Factory reset, any problems on the system should have been sorted. In effect, it will be a brand new system - a 'clean system' - free from any problems.
(I am now in the process of restoring my original backup - having lost nothing, except time.)

There is something weird with Widevine being broken after rom updates, i think most of the users didnt touch persist partition and yet "lost" widevine.

Even OnePlus "official" updates are being reported by some users that is breaking their widevine.

Has anyone here tried "the fix" posted in some OnePlus forums?
"""Go to google play store>settings>biometric authentication. If the toggle is disabled, just enable it. If prompted to enter password, enter it.
Reboot the phone once and check the widevine status using the DRM info app from the play store. Probably check back in some hours if not immediate
It should come back to L1"""
I have tried this solution, but it has not worked. Two weeks ago, I lost L1 widevine and went to L3. It has never touched the persist partition and I haven't installed anything except the weekly roms.

Until last week, in the fingerprint payment methods, I would see widevine, but if I tried to download the certificate, it gave me an error, but with this version, it doesn't even appear and it is supposed to be this week, it was one of errors that were corrected in Mi 9t (Davinci).

A curious fact is that reading a post from @IntelligentRocks in this thread , https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...9t-and-others-widevine-is-l3-now.53778/page-4 I saw that I also have a backup copy of the persist partition (persist_backup_1591576639.img) in the root directory and I don't know how it appeared.

Of course thanks to the developers for their work, because except for this problem (which is very important to me), the rom works wonderfully. Hopefully it can be resolved.
Sorry for my english

Reactions: IntelligentRocks
I have tried this solution, but it has not worked. Two weeks ago, I lost L1 widevine and went to L3. It has never touched the persist partition and I haven't installed anything except the weekly roms.

Until last week, in the fingerprint payment methods, I would see widevine, but if I tried to download the certificate, it gave me an error, but with this version, it doesn't even appear and it is supposed to be this week, it was one of errors that were corrected in Mi 9t (Davinci).

A curious fact is that reading a post from @IntelligentRocks in this thread , https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...9t-and-others-widevine-is-l3-now.53778/page-4 I saw that I also have a backup copy of the persist partition (persist_backup_1591576639.img) in the root directory and I don't know how it appeared.

Of course thanks to the developers for their work, because except for this problem (which is very important to me), the rom works wonderfully. Hopefully it can be resolved.
Sorry for my english
the backup is made automatically, happens on my Mi10T Lite too

Reactions: Poney70
I'm not sure exactly what you mean about 'a clean flash after'. Clean flash implies no data - starting from the beginning.
So, what I have done is made my normal backup with TWRP - that is 23.2 Gb. Restoring that will put me back in exactly the same position as I was when I made the backup. @Blastboom Strice correctly describes it as being like an "image".
I then did a Factory reset, and took another backup. That was 10.7 Gb. That will be a completely clean system, ready for the initial setup. Having followed a Factory reset, any problems on the system should have been sorted. In effect, it will be a brand new system - a 'clean system' - free from any problems.
(I am now in the process of restoring my original backup - having lost nothing, except time.)

@Blastboom Strice , @Iain_B

Actually you both mates , solved my queries for sure! Thanks a lot both of you for your quick answers!! :)

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Camera bug on Xiaomi mi 10 ultra (cas)
After entering camera then settings as on the video the camera stops
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Sorry for my english
The same on my device (Mi 9)....

If it is the camera 'Settings' bug that you are referring to, it has already been discussed, and resolved.
If you look at post #2, you will see that the ROMs have been rebuilt and uploaded. The new ROM is already available to download.

Reactions: KGVER and Upd473
After entering camera then settings as on the video the camera stops
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
redownload the rom and let it flash in twrp/orangefox again.
They rebuilt the rom to fix the problem

Reactions: Poney70 and Upd473
Today I updated my phone (MI9). After wanting to turn off the screen lock, the phone restarted and asked for the password when logging in again. By entering the correct password, the phone will no longer let me in, claiming that the password is incorrect. The phone is currently locked and can't even be turned off because it's just restarting. How can at least the photos and the necessary data be obtained from it? I downloaded Dr.Fone, but my PC doesn't recognize my phone. Can anyone suddenly help? Thanks :(

I came upon this with my MI9 and MI10:

The update progress bar gets to 100% when 2GB are downloaded and stays there until the
download is "really" finished. So: Just wait for it, the end is near :D

@devs: signed dword integer?
Happened to me also, I just waited, and it took some time for it to verify the package, and md5... So just give it time...

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Reactions: Poney70
Today I updated my phone (MI9). After wanting to turn off the screen lock, the phone restarted and asked for the password when logging in again. By entering the correct password, the phone will no longer let me in, claiming that the password is incorrect. The phone is currently locked and can't even be turned off because it's just restarting. How can at least the photos and the necessary data be obtained from it? I downloaded Dr.Fone, but my PC doesn't recognize my phone. Can anyone suddenly help? Thanks :(
While it reboots, boot into recovery or safe mode (safe mode kinda ruins the launcher layout btw).

Just updated, on Mi 10 Ultra. I also confirm that the camera crashes when opening settings.

After clearing DATA/cache, it still crashes.
Going back to old weekly. This one is buggy.

I have a mi 10 ultra and the camera doesn't crash when opening settings? Might not be rom issue.

Reactions: Alexbo
Hello,
I currently run 12.0.6.0 stable on Mi9 (cepheus) and want to install this werkly 21.4.7.
Can i dirty flash over TWRP or do i have to full wipe?
Kind regards

Hello,
I currently run 12.0.6.0 stable on Mi9 (cepheus) and want to install this werkly 21.4.7.
Can i dirty flash over TWRP or do i have to full wipe?
Kind regards
Note: copying from post #1, which is similar to going from Stable:
"FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)"

Reactions: KGVER
In my mi9T pro System launcher FCs after update. What can I do?

Edit found problem, error came from an old magisk module

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.