MIUI 13 22.1.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to include "Android Factory Reset is recommended to fix storage issues after windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat" on the first post under fastboot installation instructions?

Having loads of issues including Telegram, WhatsApp, Android Auto... A number of other people are having similar issues.
and other people dont have any issues… so why reset device by default?

regardless of the fact that certain prerequisites must be met…

and other people dont have any issues… so why reset device by default?

regardless of the fact that certain prerequisites must be met…
Because if you do a CLEAN install, it takes 30sec to fix majority of the issues by doing factory reset and absolutely does not hurt anyone since you already formatted data.

Otherwise people come here and post questions/complaints and everyone tells them to do a factory reset anyway... Forcing them to reconfigure their phone for a second time.

In your own post history on the newest 5 pages of your posts, there is atleast one recommendation about factory reset. You made a brilliant post about fastboot in which you posted the solution. Having the same info on first post as a recommended optional step for people coming from A11 with clean install would be briliant.

Specifically talking about the fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat scripts only and not upgrade flashes.

Last edited:
Reactions: biscoot
Pocof3: I have been using the mountain super wallpaper and now i have had 2 instances when it just had changed to some default wallpaper instead all on it's own. Just now i was charging the phone and checked if it was full already and noticed the screen was unresponsive and after a while it changed into that default wallpaper again. Also the aod clock image thing changed to some default one. Not sure what's going on and couldn't find anything on this issue anywhere on the forum so i'm just reporting this here. Perhaps there is a fix or a workaround already? I think i have to test if switching to something not so super is working better for now.

From where there are so many aggressions, I didn't poke anyone and I don't order anyone, I just write a problem that exists and if there is an opportunity to fix that's all, for this site xiaomi.eu and there is to write problems and solve them, you need to be people and understand each other, and not rush with anger. Peace to you) yes I am Russian)

i think u the one attacking xiaomi.eu team about charging issue, so its fair to igor reply the same way

Reactions: teman10001
My experience for few days on Mi 11 with 22.1.13 ; I did dirty update from previously weekly :
- I tried 2 vpn apps , OpenVPN si AnyConnect , both doesn't work ( last weekly AnyConnect worked)
- Telegram storage acces doesn't work - no problem, I can use Telegram X instead ;)
- battery seams to be good , even very good when phone is in use ,with screen on ! But I think is too much battery draining in stand-by , I know i use AOD and have no restrictions , but 4-5% / hour it's too much
- in Dual WhatsApp I can't use bluetooth headset , but in ,,original" app works ok ( poor implementation by Xiaomi :rolleyes:
I've been doing dirty updates for few months , so i think it's time to do a clean update :D

My experience for few days on Mi 11 with 22.1.13 ; I did dirty update from previously weekly :
- I tried 2 vpn apps , OpenVPN si AnyConnect , both doesn't work ( last weekly AnyConnect worked)
- Telegram storage acces doesn't work - no problem, I can use Telegram X instead ;)
- battery seams to be good , even very good when phone is in use ,with screen on ! But I think is too much battery draining in stand-by , I know i use AOD and have no restrictions , but 4-5% / hour it's too much
- in Dual WhatsApp I can't use bluetooth headset , but in ,,original" app works ok ( poor implementation by Xiaomi :rolleyes:
I've been doing dirty updates for few months , so i think it's time to do a clean update :D
Telegram and OpenVPN issues can be fixed by factory reset, atleast worked for me. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-13-stable-release.64441/post-643587

Clean flash does NOT fix the issues, trust me, I clean flashed 6+ times over the last 3 days.

Last edited:
No ! If you remove paswords, it only means you'll not be locked outside accounts !
A TWRP must decrypt ( unzip ) the folder you download .....and , for the moment , there isn't one to do that !
Try fastboot , it's very simple
yes, no problem... but just to clarify, I'm currently on Beta 21.8.25, A11... can I use the normal twrp to dirty update to the current beta? and create a nandroid backup beforehand and save it on the PC?

Just do a factory reset before clean flash. Try storage problem by telegram. Most users didn't have WhatsApp or telegram issues when they did the factory reset

Attachments

• IMG_20220118_170100.jpg
    IMG_20220118_170100.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 140
VPN apps work fine for me, even after an update from A11.
Try to disable Private DNS (it was set to automatic on my 11 and VPN didn't work at first, the issues were indeed gone after disabling it)

Reactions: @APan
It can not be opened. I can not enter. Settings ... Google... What could be the problem? Mi10 (UMI)

01.jpg

Anyway, it's a very cool job! Thanks to the developers!

Last edited:
VPN apps work fine for me, even after an update from A11.
Try to disable Private DNS (it was set to automatic on my 11 and VPN didn't work at first, the issues were indeed gone after disabling it)
Works like a charm :emoji_thumbsup:! Thank you !

Reactions: Piooo
little question, its possibile comeback to 12.5?
Yes , it's a downgrade so you have to format data.
Use miflash if you want to install an oficial rom ( be carefull not to lock your bootloader ) or fastboot if you want to stay on xiaomi.eu rom ( stable or weekly )

Reactions: katerpanne
Status
Not open for further replies.