MIUI 13 22.8.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are hints in the howto… without any details we cant help… perhaps you have this issue, I dont know.

I can't relieve you of reading the howto

TWRP update shows ERROR: 1 / can not mount system ...
- this error can occur if you try the update with updater app or if you started TWRP manually
- Solution:
-> while you are in TWRP reboot your device in recovery mode
-> try to install the rom again
-> if it will fail, reboot in recovery again
-> or use "fastboot boot twrp.img" again
-> sometimes you need more then one try
-> if it will not work choose another twrp version

Good afternoon and Thanks for the help... I've tried twice and I couldn't.. and I've lost some data.. the time and patience is not much..
If I do with the update with Xiaomitool v2, I will be successful and this room 13 appears to install successfully?!

There are reasons why there are always a lot of people miss the old fastboot more vs TWRP, and ask help for TWRP, everyweek.
You will not get help. The only thing they do is ask you to read previous blogs and solve it by yourself.
I guess they can not realize that people ask questions just after they tried many times accroding to these blogs, but still failed.

Problems with TWRP_recorvery method:
1. when change to TWRP from fastboot, you have to format your device and clear data
2. even you backup, not all the data can come back. These will be lost, such as 1) login of some app(almost all apps), 2) message recording of some app (wechat, line, etc)
3. for some devices, TWRP come out after 1 year you have use your device. It means you will lose a lot of data.
4. They are always saying the convinience of TWRP. But actually as a third party tool, TWRP itself is inconvinient enough.
5. You can see people complaining failure with TWRP, every week! And they will not get help in this forum. They get scorn and ridicule--why dont you learn by yourself.
6. The real OTA is not to via such a thrid party tool. Maybe andorid people should learn from apple. Beta version of IOS is so easy to install, no tool, no formating data. Pure and real OTA. From stable version to beta, from beta to stable version, freely and no data lost!

For me, I tried TWRP method, but it is too late until I learned the lessons. I did everything accroding to previous blogs. But still, I failed with TWRP, and I lost all my message recordings of social apps, including some precious ones. They will not come back from so-called backup.
On Android, if using stock ROM, OTA is also seamless without a need for third party tools like TWRP.
But iOS has the luxury of being a closed source, hence you don't have troubles there with custom recoveries to update custom ROMs

Nevertheless, there are so many people reporting troubles with TWRP here - by the way, these TWRP versions for A12 are kind of beta forks, ie not official TWRP.me versions

And I agree that many of those users are not ignorant and that they tried to follow the guides (although some definitely not), but they still ended with troubles

Hence, something is wrong here. And a heretic thought: At this stage of A12 support by custom recoveries, probably Fastboot ROMs would be still a better choice

Otherwise, somebody can say - troubles with TWRP - that is out-of-topic for Xiaomi.eu, it's instructions, etc - everybody should spend his time searching here and there and solving by himself, etc - but things do matter as long as one needs those custom recoveries to install/update Xiaomi.eu (and as long as there is another, viable alternative in Fastboot)

Or put it this way: Recovery ROMs are chosen because of the supposed easy OTA upgrades. With so many troubles posted about - is this OTA with the current state of custom recoveries for A12 really easy or practical

Good afternoon and Thanks for the help... I've tried twice and I couldn't.. and I've lost some data.. the time and patience is not much..
If I do with the update with Xiaomitool v2, I will be successful and this room 13 appears to install successfully?!
you cant flash a recovery rom with xiaomi tools…
you need twrp or orangefox as example

remeber: this is a customize rom forum :)

Reactions: Vampiro and biscoot
you cant flash a recovery rom with xiaomi tools…
you need twrp or orangefox as example

remeber: this is a customize rom forum :)
but I have TWRP installed.. and the 1st time there was an error when updating from 12 to 13, stable version of miui.eu
I needed the correct steps so that it can run well, to make a perfect installation..

but I have TWRP installed.. and the 1st time there was an error when updating from 12 to 13, stable version of miui.eu
I needed the correct steps so that it can run well, to make a perfect installation..
then ask in detail and tell us what you did and in detail the error messages

my cat is not here… please tell me where it is…

IMG_20220817_163031.jpg

I'll go through this now :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Vampiro and biscoot
It's actually a catch 22. If only fastboot is offered there will be people complaining that
1. They don't have computer
2. Black screen
3. ADB tools not working
4. No correct drivers

The list is endless.

Developers are working for free to give us a product "as is". Take it or leave it guys

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Current Poco F3 Issues/Bugs Report - Weekly 22.8.10 based on the previous Report:

1) Download social network videos through Mi Video App doesn't work - Report
2) Some items show twice at Blur App Previews - Report
3) Share doesn't work ONLY when using File App by Xiaomi and Settings \ Privacy protection \ Protection \ Network interception \ Secure sharing <enable> - Report
4) When "One Hand" enabled change Brightness or Volume touch slider doesn't work - Report
5) Themes App missing some functionalities - Report - (Bug Already Fixed - Weekly 22.8.10)
6)
Dark Mode feature "Adjust text and backgrounds automatically" doesn't work - Report
7) After Weekly 22.7.13 Poco F3 is running hotter and charging speed is slower - Report
8) OTA didn't work and manually Weekly Update is mandatory - Report - Answered
9) Poco F3 still lack the new Clock App UI - Report
10) "Automatic Install" when updating is less optimized in Weekly since version 22.7.21 - Report
11) The "Usage Reset Date" isn't work at Mobile Data Usage - Report
12) The "Double tap fingerprint sensor" doesn't work - Report - Answered

Let me know if you need more inputs with the open Issues/Bugs.

(*) Of course some (or all) of the above reports may be related with Xiaomi and/or App Dev side. Confirmation and some troubleshooting could be needed.

Green light to install the current build.

Best Regards,

Last edited:
Hi @vayavalla

Thanks for your suggestion to fix the Google Account issue.
Yes twice I rolled back to the Stock MIUI and the Google account worked flawless. Only on MIUI.eu the Link with Google is Broken.
I also checked on four other Xiaomi from colleagues that also run MIUI.eu (Redmi Note 6 Pro, Redmi Note 8T and two Poco F3 like mine) and in all of them the Google link was also broken. However, here on our Forum some users confirmed it and others like you don't, that's why I reported the issue as random users.
But since MIUI.eu Dev Team answered that is nothing to do from their side we all continue with the unfixed bug.

Regards,
I have the same problem when I use MIUI.EU with Google account link broken. That doesn't happen with stock MIUI.

Reactions: Birraque
How to install firmware on xiaomi 11 lite 5g ne, nothing is clear. It used to be easier through a bat file
look here…

Status
Not open for further replies.