HyperOS 1.0 23.11.8/13/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no issues and simply flashed/updated via recovery twrp. After that I updated twrp without any issues. For some apps it might make sense simply to clean their data/cache if there is an issue.
Wait, you were running latest weekly .eu with a13 skk . Copied hyperOS and new a14 skk v8.1t5 to device storage, rebooted to a13 twrp, dirty flashed HyperOS, rebooted and then flashed A14 twrp using rebooting in a13 again? Did you removed pin/pass before you booted to update to hyperOS?

- when starting the wallet, the program crashes and says to select an account
Grant SMS and Nearby Devices permissions to google play services (SMS is a hidden one, you may want to use the Hidden Settings app or similar to manipulate hidden permissions)
- weather data is not transmitted to the clock widget and lock screen
- a problem with choosing geolocation for the weather, 1 time out of 10 the city search works
The former to be fixed by clearing the Weather app data.
Chances are it will be a fix for both, I haven't had a chance to test for the later though
- the "update" icon in the settings is constantly hanging
This is a special feature, not a bug! lol

Last edited:
- camera shutter sound cannot be removed
Funnily enough, I don't have a shutter sound at all on my Xiaomi 13 ultra. No option to turn it on either. Not complaining though, fine by me.
Do you know about the Known Issues thread?

Is call recorder still available?

If I clean install this version, can I downgrade in the future to MIUI14?

(Xiaomi 13 Ultra)

Two questions:
1. Is it possible to enable color notifications on the status bar? They used to be colorful in MIUI 14, now they are all white.
2. I noticed a problems with notifications from messenger and Whatsapp. They appear only when I open the app. Did a test: closed the apps, sent a message from different phone and no notification. Probably I could have it working by enabling autostart for them, but it's it really the only way? I MIUI it wasn't necessary.
Regards

For anyone with the Gallery crashing issue. This is how I fixed it:

1) Open 'Gallery' app info
2) Under Permissions, make sure 'Location' is set to 'While using app'
3) Try and open Gallery app again. If it works, great. If it crashes again, go to step 4.
4) Under Developer options: Make sure 'USB Debugging' is on. Make sure 'USB Debugging (Security settings)' toggle is set to ON. Connect phone to PC.
5) Open ADB and run: adb shell pm clear com.miui.gallery
6) Repeat steps 1 - 3.
7) Should now work.

Hope that helps.

Note to devs: The Gallery app only has a "Clear cache" option in App info. Maybe a "Clear data" could solve this without the need for adb?
Just had some time to test this and i confirm that it's working perfectly. I needed to enable USB Debugging in Developer settings as per your advice as well or else i was getting an error

Reactions: pricklyleaks
Wait, you were running latest weekly .eu with a13 skk . Copied hyperOS and new a14 skk v8.1t5 to device storage, rebooted to a13 twrp, dirty flashed HyperOS, rebooted and then flashed A14 twrp using rebooting in a13 again? Did you removed pin/pass before you booted to update to hyperOS?
I updated with twrp a14skk, then install HyperOS, it works perfect! Xiaomi 13 Pro

Last edited:
ok, so first twrp update to a14, but didnt you used any pin or passcode for unlocking phone or can you put in in and decrypt on a14 twrp
Yes, i updated first TWRP and after that, i install HyperOS. I have a PIN in TWRP which i have not lost with update. I update TWRP a14 directly in TWRP a13.

Reactions: marcel112
I was on latest Miui14 weekly with 13 Ultra and TWRP for A13. I downloaded current HyperOS for 13 Ultra on internal storage and installed via A13 TWRP. System worked without issues, but TWRP couldn't decrypt (password entry not possible), but system was working. Then yesterday I updated TWRP to A14 version using fastboot method (flash to recovery A/B as described in this board).

All working, PIN working with the same as before on A13 version of TWRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcel112 and strub
Two questions:
2. I noticed a problems with notifications from messenger and Whatsapp. They appear only when I open the app. Did a test: closed the apps, sent a message from different phone and no notification. Probably I could have it working by enabling autostart for them, but it's it really the only way? I MIUI it wasn't necessary.
Regards
Ad.2 I've just noticed that both apps DO have autostart enabled, but they don't display notifications unless I open the apps.
I have checked another application for which I didn't receive the notification for 5h! (I was able to read it only when I opened the app manually). BTW, notifications are enabled for all of them.
What is the problem? Anyone experiencing the issue?
Regards

Grant SMS and Nearby Devices permissions to the Wallet app (SMS is a hidden one, you may want to use the Hidden Settings app or similar to manipulate hidden permissions)
dont help - sms and nearby on. Can you share your Hidden Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.