HyperOS 1.0 24.4.8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's best that we should include different build for different region?

For example
Houji-EEA
Houji
If they did that, it would be very simple, because there is no official EEA or global weekly ROM. And if the Houji-EEA was based on the China ROM, it would be broken all the same.

Reactions: gogocar62
If they did that, it would be very simple, because there is no official EEA or global weekly ROM. And if the Houji-EEA was based on the China ROM, it would be broken all the same.
I think it can be done like this:
Houji EEA (China Base + Global Modem)
Houji (China Base)

If for a specific release, we run into an issue because of global firmware, we can do this

Houji EEA (China Base + Global Modem) - Not available due to firmware
Houji (China Base)

The point is currently EEA houji user has to find a script to flash their firmware in a comment in another topic which I think is not very optimal

@gogito And my point is that you then put all the pressure of creating and micro managing the behaviour of an hypothetical Houji-EEA ROM on the shoulder of the Xiaomi.eu team, when the issue is out of their control, they probably don't even have the global device to test anything, and they have 40+ other ROMs to take care of.

Last time they tried something similar, we had users complaining for like 8 months about a camera issue that could not be solved.

I could see the point of a quick notice that some files need to updated for the global device in the first post.

@gogito And my point is that you then put all the pressure of creating and micro managing the behaviour of an hypothetical Houji-EEA ROM on the shoulder of the Xiaomi.eu team, when the issue is out of their control, they probably don't even have the global device to test anything, and they have 40+ other ROMs to take care of.

Last time they tried something similar, we had users complaining for like 8 months about a camera issue that could not be solved.

I could see the point of a quick notice that some files need to updated for the global device in the first post.
Yes I understand that. I think the main issue is we don't have a tester with a Global Houji. So I agree the best option right now would be to include the download link + note to the global firmware script.

It can't be done like this.
We can't guarantee that Global ROM modem will work fine in every release.
I see, although if we have a tester for global houji then it should be doable right?

Or maybe we can still put the Houji Global (China + Global Firmware) but with a disclaimer that it is not supported?

Basically I'm just thinking of a more streamline way for Global user to flash the rom and firmware. Whether the Xiaomi EU team decide to support it officially is a different matter. I know that the Xiaomi EU Rom was developed for China device first and foremost.

Yes I understand that. I think the main issue is we don't have a tester with a Global Houji. So I agree the best option right now would be to include the download link + note to the global firmware script.
In theory, I could test on my global Xiaomi 14, but my account is severely restricted on this forum, I can hardly write anything, constant errors about the restriction. I am sure that after this post I will not be able to write something new for a long time

That's interesting. My first assumption is some global (none China) Houji has the same hardware as China one . But then you mentioned that you had to flash the modem once which doesn't make sense to me

Wonder if we can find out how to make the rom works for all version.

Or maybe it's best that we should include different build for different region?

For example
Houji-EEA
Houji
Yeah I don't know but that's how it worked out. I'm in the UK and bought it direct from Xiaomi. I had initially flashed 24.3.11 then there was no signal. I found the thread "Radio off after install EU ROM" and then flashed the modem to get it back. After a couple weeks I tried getting OTA to work so flashed TWRP eventually to both partitions but later found that OTA just cannot work at the moment.

After that modem flash, I've just carried on extracting the ROM and running the update script and nothing else. Data/calls still work on both SIMs and have no camera issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-14-17-09-48-025_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-14-17-09-48-025_com.android.settings.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 81
After the update the folders are not renamed (Xiaomi 13 fuxi)

Attachments

• 1713116986754.jpg
    1713116986754.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 103
I see, although if we have a tester for global houji then it should be doable right?

Or maybe we can still put the Houji Global (China + Global Firmware) but with a disclaimer that it is not supported?

Basically I'm just thinking of a more streamline way for Global user to flash the rom and firmware. Whether the Xiaomi EU team decide to support it officially is a different matter. I know that the Xiaomi EU Rom was developed for China device first and foremost.
Unless there is an update to the global modem, you don't need to flash it every week, just edit the update script and comment out the two lines with modem and modemfirmware. That's what I do (although I haven't flashed this week's rom because of the camera issues).

The unpleasant thing is that we will not see a solution to the problem with the camera in the Weekly ROM so quickly. (XM 14 Global)
And Global/CN modem compatibility issues will likely bring more trouble in the future.

The unpleasant thing is that we will not see a solution to the problem with the camera in the Weekly ROM so quickly. (XM 14 Global)
And Global/CN modem compatibility issues will likely bring more trouble in the future.
A person appeared on the Russian-language 4pda forum who sets himself the official Chinese weekly firmware for the global Xiaomi 14. And he's fine with the camera (1.0.24.4.8.DEV). Maybe there is a mistake somewhere at xiaomi.eu ROM?

Is there a way to turn off update notifications? It keeps popping up every 10 minutes and it's annoying, the reason I don't update is because I don't think the app crash and play login is fixed on mondrain after read some comments and I don't want to try install it first then dirty flash back to 24.3.11 cuz I did that several times already and the last time almost turn my phone into a brick

Is there a way to turn off update notifications? It keeps popping up every 10 minutes and it's annoying, the reason I don't update is because I don't think the app crash and play login is fixed on mondrain after read some comments and I don't want to try install it first then dirty flash back to 24.3.11 cuz I did that several times already and the last time almost turn my phone into a brick
For system updates? Long-press on the Updater app, then "App info" > "Notifications" > "New version available" and turn it off. That should do it.

I'm currently using Weekly. Is it okay if dirty flash this ROM as an update or do I have to wipe everything? And thanks DEVS for the amazing job

A person appeared on the Russian-language 4pda forum who sets himself the official Chinese weekly firmware for the global Xiaomi 14. And he's fine with the camera (1.0.24.4.8.DEV). Maybe there is a mistake somewhere at xiaomi.eu ROM?
I looked at it. However, the person you wrote about has a CN version of the device, not a Global one.
However, it is interesting that it has CN ROM, the Russian language and also that Global modem from TW ROM works with CN devices.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-14-20-24-10-389_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-14-20-24-10-389_com.android.settings.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 63
Something which does not work with hyperos for me is the activation of Shizuku (Ishatar). It was working through code pairing with the MIUI-based xiaomi.eu software before, so I’m aware of all the extra steps needed for xiaomi phones, but now the pairing doesn’t work (it keep searching for device forever).

Has anyone insight in this matter please? I’m not bothering the Developers but I’m simply asking if any other user has this same issue, if it’s my fault for not making it work, or it doesn’t work with hyperos at all. Thank you very much.

This is rather concerning. I wonder what would be the correct way to move forward. I hope Global Houji is still a supported device :(

It's a shame my Global Houji is my only phone so I can't volunteer to be a tester but I would love to help in any other way.

I looked at it. However, the person you wrote about has a CN version of the device, not a Global one.
However, it is interesting that it has CN ROM, the Russian language and also that Global modem from TW ROM works with CN devices.
If person are believed, then he still has a global version of the device. And he writes a Chinese model in the settings, because his rom is Chinese. He just doesn't change the model code himself because of laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.