Status
Not open for further replies.
With 3.3.8 my email app FC every time.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

Hello, Email app FC when enter settings->general
Please advice :) (Installed both systems with updater)

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {com.android.email/com.android.email.activity.setup.AccountSettings}: java.lang.NullPointerException
at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2596)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2624)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2110)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:136)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1201)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4797)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:804)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:571)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at android.content.res.AssetManager.getResourceTextArray(AssetManager.java:220)
at android.content.res.Resources.getTextArray(Resources.java:445)
at com.android.email.activity.setup.GeneralPreferences.reloadDynamicSummaries(GeneralPreferences.java:151)
at com.android.email.activity.setup.GeneralPreferences.loadSettings(GeneralPreferences.java:130)
at com.android.email.activity.setup.GeneralPreferences.onResume(GeneralPreferences.java:68)
at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:874)
at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1035)
at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1017)
at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.dispatchResume(FragmentManager.java:1812)
at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:5150)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2586)
... 12 more

Ok.. I have that too. I will see what's wrong.

Wysłane z MI 2

Émail problem hère :

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 8) ends beyond length 0
at android.text.SpannableStringInternal.checkRange(SpannableStringInternal.java:349)
at android.text.SpannableStringInternal.setSpan(SpannableStringInternal.java:77)
at android.text.SpannableString.setSpan(SpannableString.java:46)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.getSingleMessageInboxLine(NotificationController.java:584)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.createNewMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:514)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$MessageContentObserver.onChange(NotificationController.java:897)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.registerMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:369)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.registerMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:347)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.access$400(NotificationController.java:75)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$1.run(NotificationController.java:272)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:615)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$NotificationThread.run(NotificationController.java:1033)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

I thought the advice here before was keep one partition as stock in case things went wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys, i have a really strange problem and it happens everytime a multilanguage pack is involved. It has to be something i'm doing wrong. So what happens is that when i update via updater app to a normal english rom everything is fine and all apps are there. But after updating with this rom (and al languagepacks from other roms as wel) my apps gallery, music and even explorer are gone?

The way i apply a update is:

download rom
Rename it to update.zip and place it in root of sd card
Open updater app and select rom
Apply update and tthen reboot.
After reboot of this rom version i still had the miui v4 looks instead of the wanted v5.
My phone is a xiaomi m1s

I hope u guys can help me out, since nobody ever mentioned this problem i hope you can point me in the right directio or tell me what i'm doing wrongs here.

Greetz bob

A nice sticky how - to guide would be a good thing to have on this site.
It's not really on xda so I've had to ask several (probably stupid in some people's eyes!) questions since I got my m2.

A couple of simple posts, how to update, which recovery, could in the long term give the forum pros more time to do new stuff than keep answering the same things in sub forums.

If u knew I'd do it but I'm sure I have several more stupid questions in me yet I'm afraid.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's there any way to set 4 icons in a row when seeing folders? And more important for me: is there any way to set 6 icons as before in the bottom bar? Thanks, I hope you know what I mean :)

Enviado desde mi MI 2

It's there any way to set 4 icons in a row when seeing folders? And more important for me: is there any way to set 6 icons as before in the bottom bar? Thanks, I hope you know what I mean :)

Enviado desde mi MI 2
I posted this not on purpose and now I can't delete it from tapatalk, anyone knows why??

Enviado desde mi MI 2

Hi. I just bought a Xiaomi Mi-oneS or what it is called.

I have flashed it with this brush tool from xiaomi and then updated it to the latest update you have made available here. Now my problem is that I cannot find any google aplications. It does not have google play or any other software. I tried to flash the gaps from a previous post, but with no effect. Any hints or tips to get this right?

Thank you.

Hotfix #1 3.3.8 uploaded to fix Email.apk FC and other issues.

Hello,

about a week ago I updated the original Miui rom from my xiaomi mi-one to Miui version 3.2.22. I noticed that my phone won't vibrate anymore while the phone isn't in silence mode and when receiving emails in the gmail app or when receiving whatsapp-messages. It will vibrate when receiving normal text-messages or when the phone is in silence mode though. I have enabled the "Vibrate in normal" setting. Inside whatsapp and gmail settings vibration has also been enabled. I was hoping this update would resolve the problem, but it still doesn't work. I don't understand why it isn't working and i can't find the magical answer on Google. Can anybody here help me?

Thanks

in themes where you can choose mix there are no local entries available for the Status bar (toggles)

Cant we change it? There used to be some local ones I had downloaded in there
thanks

Has anyone been able to change the launcher I cannot seem to select another launcher as default

You're right, I had Nova launcher as default when I upgraded, just changed it to MIUI home and now can't change it back

Cant reset defaults either in app settings or system settings.

I used SD maid to freeze miui home and now I can use zeam launcher but still cannot select default launched . Doing it this way will effectively disable the
Home button since I cannot set zeam as default

I just rebooted to 331 and all ok, came back to 338 and started ok until I loaded MIUI home. Then couldn't change defaults. Restarted phone and Nova launcher is default again. Try restarting your phone

I rebooted my phone too but still miui home is default and im not able to change it

Status
Not open for further replies.