Status
Not open for further replies.
Millet phone ROM MIUI V4 Developer Edition 3.3.8

Suitable for: millet phone 1S, millet mobile phone standard version of the MI-One Plus, millet phone Unicom version of the MI-one Plus CU of telecommunications millet phone MI-One Plus C1, millet phone Telecom customized version of the MI-one Plus C1 CDMA, millet phone youthful version of MI-one
Update time :2013 -3-8 update log: Click to view

New phone -> Wipe -> installed 3.2.28 -> Wipe -> installed 3.3.1 (v5) through MiRecovery.

Now, can I update to 3.3.8 as follows?:
1) download the ROM zip file from ROM thread
2) rename the downloaded ROM zip file as “update.zip” and put it on the root of SDCard (virtual)
3) reboot to MiRecovery
4) select “install update.zip
5) reboot

New phone -> Wipe -> installed 3.2.28 -> Wipe -> installed 3.3.1 (v5) through MiRecovery.

Now, can I update to 3.3.8 as follows?:
1) download the ROM zip file from ROM thread
2) rename the downloaded ROM zip file as “update.zip” and put it on the root of SDCard (virtual)
3) reboot to MiRecovery
4) select “install update.zip
5) reboot
yes you can do it in Recovery or direct from the Updater app...

Reactions: moonbugz
official link is down.

MiRecovery method should be better due to lower chance of any corrupt data as I can test data integrity using Zip program.
(I'm newbie, need an IT expert to verify this).

signature error in my case whe trying to update via recovery. Im now trying via updater...

The same problem continues. signature verification failed. Do not have a simple way to solve this problem?

yes you can do it in Recovery or direct from the Updater app...
Ur statement is totally wrong. Failed to update using Recovery, getting Signature Verification failed. Just like 3.3.1. Only can be installed using Updater.apk a.k.a Updater app.

Xiaomi M2 isn't dual boot. Stop treating it like such. It has two systems so you can update your phone without going to recovery. It has nothing to do with 2 systems. It's not possible to run multiple roms since they share /data and other stuff.

The point of 2 systems is so you NEVER EVER have to go to recovery. Updater.apk ALWAYS. If there is a problem, then you use Recovery.

Reactions: lekzzz
The original ROM from miui website can be installed using Recovery and Updater apps as well. Why the Rom from this website can be installed using updater app only? :rolleyes:

The original ROM from miui website can be installed using Recovery and Updater apps as well. Why the Rom from this website can be installed using updater app only? :rolleyes:
I'm guessing they changed recovery to only allow ZIPs that are signed using Xiaomi "release" keys. Our ROM is signed using Xiaomi "test" keys. I'll ask, but it doesn't matter since no one should ever flash it via MiRecovery. ever.

Reactions: moonbugz
I'm guessing they changed recovery to only allow ZIPs that are signed using Xiaomi "release" keys. Our ROM is signed using Xiaomi "test" keys. I'll ask, but it doesn't matter since no one should ever flash it via MiRecovery. ever.
I think I am satisfied with ur answer :)

My short review:

So far the fonts is smaller than the previous version (3.3.1) and I like it. Unfortunately the font or I can say number that appear when u try to enter the PIN Code, that one still BIG, just like 3.3.1 . In V4, it is smaller, right?

Thanks a bunch! appreciate it!

My short review:

So far the fonts is smaller than the previous version (3.3.1) and I like it. Unfortunately the font or I can say number that appear when u try to enter the PIN Code, that one still BIG, just like 3.3.1 . In V4, it is smaller, right?

Acid changed the fonts to prevent the oversized text in toggles and this font supports all international characters, unlike the default MIUI v5 font. The pincode text will always be big. It looks the same size as it was in previous versions to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.