Status
Not open for further replies.
I flashed last v5 3.5.10 Rom . But in the first boot my phone said unfortunaelly android keyboard stopped. I can't use Rom. How can I fix this bug.

I flashed last v5 3.5.10 Rom . But in the first boot my phone said unfortunaelly android keyboard stopped. I can't use Rom. How can I fix this bug.
You'll need to flash a different keyboard. I noticed that in the Desire S version, the keyboard installed is the ics (4.0.4) version. Hopefully it will be replaced with the JB one.

Also, there's a bit of a translation problem, though nothing major, the popup to select different keyboard says "Sim Card Removed" instead of "Keyboard Settings".
Screenshot_2013-05-13-16-57-40.png

Sent from my Desire S

re: Prabash

hi there, regarding htc sensation, maybe i can help you a little. i am the happy owner of a htc sensation and i have been on virtious inquisition 4.0.4 before. i tried the last 3 or 4 miui roms from here and i must say, i love them. they feel more fluid and stable than 4.0.4. the only real downside i can find and report is the laggy gps.
i don´t know if that´s rom or kernel related (i am using sultan kernel) and it doesn´t really bother me enough as to investigate, what´s the problem. and it does work, only much slower than before. other than that bluetooth is better than virt. inq. (much quicker and snappier upon making calls), wifi is working properly, camera (photo and video) working properly.
the only few problems i had was when i didn´t make a clean install and on top of that installed 4 or 5 different camera apps, to try them out. that didn´t work, but was my own fault, not the roms.
i can not report on games or similar, i don´t use my phone for gaming.

so i am not the one to judge if it´s beta or not, but i would consider it definately good and stable enough for a daily driver (for me it´s mostly a business phone). i love the looks and feel of miui and it has a lot of stuff on board, which previously i had to install seperate apps for. i am not really comfortable with not having folders so i am using the go launcher with a..........miui v5 theme, so the look is as it´s supposed to be ;-)
i also would like to use this message to praise the work of the ones involved and responsible for making this rom available for the ones of us who are not competent enough to brew something like this on our own. you have all my respect and gratitude for putting your private time and effort into this community project. thank you for this!!

You'll need to flash a different keyboard. I noticed that in the Desire S version, the keyboard installed is the ics (4.0.4) version. Hopefully it will be replaced with the JB one.

Also, there's a bit of a translation problem, though nothing major, the popup to select different keyboard says "Sim Card Removed" instead of "Keyboard Settings".
Screenshot_2013-05-13-16-57-40.png

Sent from my Desire S

thank you. i really like use miui rom. do you recieve a weather information about your city. i cant use weather information its just for china cities. :(

Hi , dear developers , there was a bug in the previous release and it still present in this one , and it was reported by different people using different devices , when you long press the home button the clear screen dose not appear , instead a quick blur appears , but if you keep trying for about 5 or 6 times , it may work , and then get back to not working again ( the quick blur is like the clear screen appears and disappears very quickly ).

Please if there is some thing we can do to fix this let us know , keeping in mind i tried fixing permissions , wiping twice and no thing worked.

When i move app to sd card them run as normally. After reboot all links to those apps disappeared from home screen and from app drawer

Hi guys, i dont know where to report this however, i need some help.

I know that in previous versions of MIUI, you could limit the number of SMS received from contacts to any number of your choosing and this would be kept at a constant number.
However, I've combed through the messages app settings but cant find anything to limit the SMS displayed.

I noticed that after about 930 messages from 1 contact, any new messages are not displayed.
Could someone please show me where to find this setting?

Thanks

Hi guys, i dont know where to report this however, i need some help.

I know that in previous versions of MIUI, you could limit the number of SMS received from contacts to any number of your choosing and this would be kept at a constant number.
However, I've combed through the messages app settings but cant find anything to limit the SMS displayed.

I noticed that after about 930 messages from 1 contact, any new messages are not displayed.
Could someone please show me where to find this setting?

Thanks
there is a DELETE button... it will solve your problem...

Reactions: Heistman
there is a DELETE button... it will solve your problem...

Thanks but as much as i'd like to hit delete that often, automating it with the OS sounds much better.
I do receive large numbers of texts and would like the system to delete them for me ;)

Hi, thanks, this is awesome! Super glad that it was released for HTC Sensation!!!

There is one minor issue:
When long pressing the home key the Launch Recent Panel should open, sometimes it does other times the screen just flickers black really fast, then it is at the home screen. It does not open the Launch Recent Panel. I have tried re-assigning the Launch Recent Panel action to the home key but it made no difference.
Temporary fix - What I have done is assigned Launch Recent Panel action the the long pressing of the back key.

One suggestion that i have for the camera, is if you could add a small block in the corner where you can quickly view recent photos from. I think it is JB that removed that small block for quick view.

Great ROM! Keep it up, I'm loving it :D

I have found some thing weird, when I dial to a service number (*0058 for example) the phone adds afew more "*" so it dials to "*******00058" and there is nothing I can do. Has this happened to anyone?
I am on MIUI 3.5.10 on SGS3

Omg! Thank you to all that worked on this new ROM! I gave MIUI another try another so long and just one single flash and the ROM just loaded properly! :) Thank you! Time to play with my old phone.

They probably asked it a million times already,
but when are you releasing a version for S4 (i9500)? :)

Hi, thanks, this is awesome! Super glad that it was released for HTC Sensation!!!
This week it's kinda buggy. You can't install a lot of apps (endomondo, falcon pro, etc). I sugest to stick with 3.5.3 and wait for another friday (hopely without problems) :)

Cheers !

Sorry. No one is porting for RAZR yet.

Wysłane z MI 2

SGS2 version is still f'd up with the soft brick bug. When battery is low, weird things are happening with the phone, lockscreen dissapears, some options also and then when you try to reboot the phone - you get a black screen and nothing else..

Can you fix this awful bug?

I've been looking back and forth so many times, and I still notice people are facing the fearsome soft brick bug with the SGS2.
After making myself wanting MIUI V5 more and more, one questions remains for me before I proceed;

Is there any version which is stable and good for daily use for the SGS2 I9100? One that is not a Russian Roulette with the soft brick?
Even a beta/unofficial AOSP version?

I've been using MIUI V4 for ages, and eventually went to Sammy base cause of 4.1.2.
Now with 4.1.2 MIUI V5, I'm ready to go back to my beloved MIUI, but all these soft brick things concern me.

Status
Not open for further replies.