MULTI 4.4.25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried updating my MI3 WCDMA last week and this week via the updater app. When it is applying, it hangs at 25%, after a while touching the screen doesn't help anymore and it goes black. I waited for +/- half an hour after that but nothing happens. Also tried to download the firmware manually and applying it then, but the same behaviour ...

Updating in recovery mode seems to work (although applying it seems to take 10-15 minutes as well).

Any idea how I can fix my OTA ?

Thanks!
I have the same problem.
What is wrong with OTA, what do you mean.
In recovery mode I can't select English.
How do I proceed?

I just checked the "Unable to open mail from notification" issue and it is already fixed in this release.
If you need more better and more costumizable weather app, install WeatherBZ from play store. The v4.9.9 beta37 release is pretty good and getting better...

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk
For my MI2S continue unable to open mail from notification.

Enviado de meu MI 2S usando Tapatalk

On nexus 7 2013 (flo) it seems the download manager ins´t working , it doesn't complete the downloads or sometimes it doesn't start. Another "bug" that came with this update is when I long press a notification and want to go to the app settings the popup instantly disapears and I can't open it.

Then it's not our fault because I've removed all SGS 4 relating fixes. So there will be no new versions until someone give me some solutions for EU users.

Wysłane z MI3

What I noticed is that most people are on Android 4.3 downgraded to Android 4.2.2 MIUI 4.4.11 the service bug might be caused if MIUI 4.4.25 is using a new build ie same version of Android but a different build number example build QBF to VDH etc or if it goes from Android 4.2.2 to say Android 4.2.5 etc then maybe the kernel needs changing or updating or maybe it's just a bug in MIUI itself but normally the no service and no wifi is some sort of mismatch ie parts of Android 4.3 with parts of Android 4.2.2 the solution would be for MIUI to rebuild around the newer build 4.3 or 4.4.2 kitkat then when everybody flashes ROM every one phone gets updated to newer build maybe also have an installer to select different kernels etc when installing.

Well for now there's no 4.3 MIUI for ports. Only Mi3 have 4.3, but soon will be 4.4. And you can't use Mi3W as source. Also there's no patch_rom for 4.3, so it's impossible to make 4.3 SGS4 rom.

Is there any way to include say a modem/baseband in our rom that could downgrade users current 4.3 files?

Wysłane z MI3

Well for now there's no 4.3 MIUI for ports. Only Mi3 have 4.3, but soon will be 4.4. And you can't use Mi3W as source. Also there's no patch_rom for 4.3, so it's impossible to make 4.3 SGS4 rom.

Is there any way to include say a modem/baseband in our rom that could downgrade users current 4.3 files?

Wysłane z MI3

Downgrading can apparently brick people's devices it's extremely risky because of this Knox bootloader thing that's why I said if files where upgraded bmarko should be told on xda developer's because I think he ports UK roms and would be better to upgrade and patch the kernel because everybody would need to upgrade onto newest firmware to prevent errors else were all be on different builds like baseband etc and that's when errors occur

Still no update for the new red Rice (hongmi)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One_M8 met Tapatalk
Thanks Lee. Any specific different between the releases available here and the port by Shiro?

The 4.2 here is the same one ported by Shiro on en.miui.com.
Differences: Android 4.2.2 with the CM kernel. The FM Radio from MIUI is not included. It has some cool settings, try it out!

The other solution would be to flash a newer ROM from XDA developer and then downgrade back to MIUI the idea is to get everybody baseband number the same then produce a fix but as I think the baseband can only get upgraded and not downgraded I think the problem here is the phones baseband my baseband is Android 4.3 and the MIUI ROM is 4.2.2 which is why there are errors Samsung have designed the new firmwares to only be upgraded and not downgraded so once on Android 4.3 it's impossible to go back to Android 4.2.2 without problems same if you upgraded to Android 4.4.2 kitkat and the kitkat roms have far greater restrictions I been told.

Last edited:
My SGS2 is stuck at "Loading Launcher" after upgrade. Notification bar and power button work. And I can even enter settings via Notification bar, but the launcher stays at loading message without icons.

Are you talking about SGS2 i9100? And which Android version did you apply?

meyerweb said:
01-02-2014 12:49 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think you can. Assuming you took the OTA, or updated through KIes, 4.3 installs a new Kernel with Knox. And it seems that any attempt to overwrite the Knox kernel with an earlier version results in a hard-bricked phone.

I think you have a couple of options: back up all the data you can (search on Helium backup in the play store), make sure your contacts and calendar data are synced with Google, and do a factory reset. I suspect that will solve your problems.

Or, root your phone, install a custom recovery (if that's possible with 4.3 on the i9505--I'm not really familiar with that version), and then install an older 4.2.2 ROM but NOT an older kernel.

The other thing MIUI could do would be to post the MIUI 4.4.25 ROM download link to xda development forums for i9505 and ask one of there ROM developers whether they can find a fix to service bug and wifi and rebuild a new working ROM for MIUI community?

What I don't understand is that no service bug appears on old bootlodaer and new bootlodaer and with different modems on old bootloader. I think that shiro in some part of fixing some reported bug in earlier versions made some change that cause this. In france forum a user on old bootloader report this bug and other user on old bootloader with different network provider didn't report this...

If someone can contact shiro than he will know what cause this!

after flash some bugs appeared
I can not open an email from the notification bar.
clean up MIUI application does not work.
if I flashed an earlier version of MIUI (4.4.18), the mail application no longer works.
Someone would have an idea to return to an earlier version (the 4.4.18 worked well before)?
However I thank the MIUI team for the job!

Can't access SMS.

Keeps crashing with:
Code:
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: android.provider.Telephony$Sms.getDefaultSmsPackage
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at com.android.mms.MmsConfig.isSmsEnabled(MmsConfig.java:133)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at com.android.mms.ui.ConversationList.onResume(ConversationList.java:207)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1185)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at com.lbe.security.service.core.client.internal.InstrumentationDelegate.callActivityOnResume(InstrumentationDelegate.java:135)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:5182)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2732)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2771)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2235)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:141)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1234)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5041)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:793)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3788):    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

This has the old camera app for Nexus 4.
Any flashable files to get the Photosphere camera installed?

What if we flashed this Google edition on the i9505

New Link this one got Android 4.4.2 and Android 4.3 roms and I also think 4.2.2 as well maybe if we updated to a Android 4.3 ROM then flash MIUI over top of that then maybe we will all be on same baseband version then find a fix then if there are still SIM service errors?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2341026

That would give us a clean install around google not Samsung then upgrade from there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.