MULTI 4.6.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
no... use Tapatalk...
I am using Tapatalk of course, I just give feedback from bugs in order to get fix later. If no feedback about bugs it means no problem and no solution!

More info :
Browser closing all the time if I scrolling down this forum page quickly. So the problem is reproducible easily.

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

I am using Tapatalk of course, I just give feedback from bugs in order to get fix later. If no feedback about bugs it means no problem and no solution!

More info :
Browser closing all the time if I scrolling down this forum page quickly. So the problem is reproducible easily.

No logcat = No bug

For me, Browser has no FC on this forum... try clean app data..

No logcat = No bug

For me, Browser has no FC on this forum... try clean app data..
I don't get FC popup window after the browser closing itself, this is the reason why I did not provide logcat for you. Is there any other way to create logcat?

This phenomenon similar when pushing the home button during browsing.

I don't get FC popup window after the browser closing itself, this is the reason why I did not provide logcat for you. Is there any other way to create logcat?

Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall miui browser app? Clear app data it did not help....

adb logcat

~Tapatalk~

@graw2, check the Force Close settings:
Settings -> Developer settings -> Force-Closed apps.
u3a2yru8.jpg

I'm using 4.6.6, I can't reproduce it for you.

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.

@graw2, check the Force Close settings:
Settings -> Developer settings -> Force-Closed apps.
u3a2yru8.jpg

I'm using 4.6.6, I can't reproduce it for you.

Sent from my Xiaomi mi2 with Tapatalk. This is why my message could contain spelling mistakes.
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Inside of developer options two settings are enabled at me. Rounded corners and force-closed apps notification. I don't understand why I don't get FC popup window if browser closing itself, same behavior when you simple push the home button during browsing. Strange...

Seems I'm able to call again, thanks !

For people who don't have luck : i managed to call with 4.6.6 and disabling 3G (so: only 2G).

Anyway, with this release I'm back on 3G and I can call without problems!

Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall miui browser?

You can do 2 things, revert to the older version.
Or you can use my miui 4.6.6 browser.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cno1k36fxnzgs37/Browser.apk

Many thanks for your effort, but I cannot install your browser apk because at the end of the installation process it says "the browser application is not installed" , and I get a big red "X"

Stop the browser, move it to another location. Put the new one in system/apps and try it again.

Stop the browser, move it to another location. Put the new one in system/apps and try it again.

I removed original browser.apk from system/app and I moved your browser.apk to system/app and I tried to install but same result: not installed.
I am using Root Explorer.

Can you de-install the browser?

I cannot re-install the browser. I set the permission to rw-r-r--

At the moment I have no any miui browser installed. I have tried to reinstall the original browser.apk but the result is the same: "not installed "

Can you de-install the browser?

Ok there is no any problem. No need any installation just place the apk into system/app. It is working now, I am testing...

Great, I was already creating a manual for you ;)

1. Stop the app and remove it out of the system/apps folder
2. Reboot the phone and put the other browser.apk in the folder
hequsuty.jpg

3. Change the rights of the app into 644/read+write for owner and read rights for the other 2 (don't know if this is needed, but I did it for myself).
detehu6a.jpg

4. Reboot the phone and the new/old browser is installed
e4use9yb.jpg

de8e8e4a.jpg

At this moment the new browser (or any other system app) is installed.
ysasaqa4.jpg

Put back your browser info and you are good to go.
py5aju9y.jpg

putugeqe.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: graw2
Great, I was already creating a manual for you ;)

1. Stop the app and remove it out of the system/apps folder
2. Reboot the phone and put the other browser.apk in the folder
hequsuty.jpg

3. Change the rights of the app into 644/read+write for owner and read rights for the other 2 (don't know if this is needed, but I did it for myself).
detehu6a.jpg

4. Reboot the phone and the new/old browser is installed
e4use9yb.jpg

de8e8e4a.jpg

At this moment the new browser (or any other system app) is installed.
ysasaqa4.jpg

Put back your browser info and you are good to go.
py5aju9y.jpg

putugeqe.jpg

Thx a lot! Prefect manual! Same as I did. It was the first time for me to use root explorer and modify content of system/app. So here is the test result:
using your browser.apk causes FC immediately after restart the phone without open the browser. I had to put back my original browser.apk and unfortunately my original issue (browser closes itself without any FC notification) is came back.
Anyway many thanks for your effort, I greatly appreciated! I think some of the other installed app crashing with miui browser. Maybe full wipe (factory reset) is needed...

Reactions: kiswum
Status
Not open for further replies.