MIUI 8.2 6.11.3

Discussion in 'MIUI Weekly ROM Releases' started by ingbrzy, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Do you like this MIUI version?

1. YES

87.5%
  2. NO

12.5%
  1. Stefano131270

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    SWITZERLAND
    Ok, my English improved, but still not good

delboy, 76luca and Michael_K like this.
  2. Michael_K

Michael_KMembers

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    Germany
    Your english is absolutely ok ! We all understand what you write - what more do you want ? ;)

3. deepknight

deepknightMembers

Sep 11, 2016
    Male
    Redmi 3S (non international version) has still signal drops from 3G to 2G and wont go back to 3G sometimes, even it is available. LED Notification colour change does not work.

4. rmsnus

rmsnusMembers

Oct 9, 2011
    Hi, After flashing when I try to boot into recovery, it is already in the regular recovery that comes with the ROM package, which has overwritten the older ZCX TWRP recovery. Now a question is that if i add this ZCX TWRP recovery in the ROM package, like use 7zip and overwrite the recovery.img in the .zip file with ZCX TWRP recovery, renamed as recovery.img. Maybe i will try it during the next flash. If there is any setting to preserve the current recovery, do let me know and that will help. Thanks very much for your reply. Cheers.

5. Michael_K

Michael_KMembers

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    Germany
    #530Michael_K,Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    With my question "Did you try to boot directly into ZCX after flashing it" I ment after flashing of ZCX, not after flashing Rom.
    But if "normal" TWRP is ok for you and works fine, there is no reason to change to ZCX.

EDIT: With "regular recovery that comes with the ROM" you meant TWRP recovery or MIUI recovery? What Rom did you flash? EU Rom via TWRP? Or other Rom via Fastboot?

6. ruchimes

ruchimesMembers

Nov 9, 2016
    Male
    But is possible to expand the notification in lockscreen?
    So I Can read what's an email about or the whatsapp messages I receive without unlocking the mobile or pull down notification shade.

7. graw2

graw2Mi5 Tester
    Staff Member

May 17, 2013
    Male
    Hungary
    Only possible to expand the notification on lock screen if you pull down notification shade and expand there... No other way

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

8. rmsnus

rmsnusMembers

Oct 9, 2011
    With regular recovery i mean the official TWRP recovery for Mi5, which is bundled with the EU Rom package.
    I earlier had ZCX TWRP recovery as i was using Global Dev Rom and this recovery had the option to enable OTA updates to be flashed. Then i was fed up with that ROM and moved to EU Rom. But after i flashed it and rebooted back to recovery, the ZCX Recovery i had, was overwritten by the official TWRP recovery included in the EU Rom package. I was wondering if there was any option to disable the same. Cheers.

9. Michael_K

Michael_KMembers

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    Germany
    I am not sure, if TWRP is included in every Weekly Rom for Mi5. I have no Mi5. Maybe other Mi5 user can answer this. But I do not think that weekly EU rom overwrites recovery. For this, why don't you flash now ZCX over "normal" recovery ? I would try this to check if next Weekly Rom will overwrite it....

10. 76luca

76lucaMembers

Mar 13, 2016
    Yep, i mean you Can expand them from the lock screen. Try to pitch zoom on your notification from lockscreen, you Can read them without open them in app

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk

11. Denmarino

DenmarinoMembers

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    On this release the twrp is present because my mi5 bootloop with twrp 3.2.2...
    Next reflash i found 3.0.2.0

Michael_K likes this.
  12. rmsnus

rmsnusMembers

Oct 9, 2011
    Attaching snippets of the Rom package. As you can see there is a directory called recovery and within it is twrp.img. The updater script has the following line at the end.

ui_print("Installing custom recovery");
    ui_print("Flashing TWRP Touch recovery...");
    package_extract_file("recovery/twrp.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery");
    set_progress(1);

So i am sure that the 6.11.3 version of the Rom has recovery included which flashes over any other custom recovery available earlier.
    Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

13. iJohnny

iJohnnyMembers

Jun 28, 2016
    Male
    Is fast changing disabled in this ROM? Mi max pro version.

Poslano sa mog MI MAX koristeći Tapatalk

14. fraggs

fraggsMembers

May 20, 2016
    Male
    Hello, Translation Problem?
    Screenshot_2016-11-10-12-08-08-147_com.android.settings.pngScreenshot_2016-11-10-12-08-16-055_com.android.settings.png

15. clieman

cliemanMembers

Sep 15, 2016
    Male
    Yes all permission set. When I go to account and select "sync now" the last sync message doesn't change.

16. pointer

pointerMembers

Nov 7, 2014
    Male
    Thank you great guide

17. sota01

sota01Members

Jul 23, 2016
    Male
    Slovenia
    At least I can't...

18. MaxB.de

MaxB.deMembers

Oct 23, 2016
    Male
    Like on every MIUIversion, no matter if .eu or en.miui.com, Android OS/kernel keeps my Phone awake. Seems this is the reson for Batterydrain reported by many users.
    For some hours everything is ok, awaketime in standby is normal like 1-2min/hour, then it suddenly starts.....
    Screenshot_2016-11-10-08-42-11-744_com.gsamlabs.bbm.pngScreenshot_2016-11-10-08-43-57-075_com.gsamlabs.bbm.pngScreenshot_2016-11-10-08-44-14-346_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Michael_K, Boce! and Martynnn like this.
  19. Michael_K

Michael_KMembers

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    Germany
    Ok. Then the only question is, if all following weekly EU-Roms for Mi5 will contain twrp or if it was only part of 6.11.3 to update / patch something... maybe @ingbrzy can answer that. Or wait for 6.11.10, .17, ... and check it yourself in the same way as you did with 6.11.3

20. John O Connell

Jul 22, 2016
    Male
    @fraggs

Chinese Assistant app, that has been mentioned a few times in the thread.

The app should work properly in the next update, based on the changelog.

fraggs and Michael_K like this.
  21. predragiPredrag

Jun 19, 2016
    Male
    Try to turn off sync of google accounts, or set it to WIFI only. I got improvement of battery life, not by much but it helped, android is destroying battery.

22. Michael_K

Michael_KMembers

Feb 3, 2016
    Male
    Germany
    Same problem here with sometimes no deep sleep. But turning off sync of google accounts is no solution for me because of calender sync. Found setting to set sync to WIFI only. But then sync of all accounts (all email accounts) is blocked during mobile connection.
    Did not find any solution till now for phone sometimes not going into deep sleep (Kate with EU 6.11.3) :(

23. predragiPredrag

Jun 19, 2016
    Male
    I know what you mean, my MI4C has shitty battery comapred to MI4S even with same hardware. And when my friends use TS CM13 or Slim rom, battery life doubles on MI4C...
    I really don't know why is google integration in MIUI in such bad shape, and why standby time for MI4C is bad..

Michael_K likes this.
  24. MaxB.de

MaxB.deMembers

Oct 23, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for the suggestion, but turning of sync is no solution, it should just work.
    This doesn't happen on other ROMs, tried CM13 and with same usage and sync and everything else on. Awaketime in standby was normal to very low like half a minute/hour and SoT around 9-10 hours. NO AndroidOS keeping the Phone awake.......
    Must be some kind of Problem with MIUI8.....
    Im on Kate with EU 6.11.3

Michael_K likes this.
  25. Jovino Cortijo

Feb 28, 2014
    Male
    as a quick note, first of all thank you.

I started using this ROM back in the day where MIUI ROM was made for non Xiaomi phones mainly and there was non official multilanguage support, I had HTC One X. Then Xiaomi started dropping support to those devices and you had too much to do with the new Xiaomi devices so I bought a Redmi 1S and now, you are dropping weekly updates for my devices too, and I do not blame you, the number of new devices is overwhelming... and it does not stop, guess soon Xiaomi will drop support too...

Thanks again!

Share Our Site