MIUI 8.2 6.12.8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After updating my mi 5, the phone doesn´t seem to recognize my sim card. I´m also having slight performance issues.

This version seems to be OK on the Mi 5s Plus, besides a bit too high touch screen sensitivity, I think. Making slow scrolling a bit stuttery at times.
Android Auto car connection still not working.

Just played with Clash for about 30 mins

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Notice battery is dying way faster with this version and same type of usage from my side.

27ad6f85207e9d1633fa012d2615274a.jpg

407321d7d95f46b85441ea9e0980522a.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Notice battery is dying way faster with this version and same type of usage from my side.

27ad6f85207e9d1633fa012d2615274a.jpg

407321d7d95f46b85441ea9e0980522a.jpg

That makes me angrier than ever since Lollipop vs nougat same problems!

That makes me angrier than ever since Lollipop vs nougat same problems!

On Marshmallow there were issues at first versions that were corrected. Let's wait for the next update :)

For updating TWRP, is it just putting twrp-3.0.2-3-gemini.img on you internal storage, boot in old TWRP, click install, click install image, select image. And then: boot, recovery or system image? Which one to choose?

For updating TWRP, is it just putting twrp-3.0.2-3-gemini.img on you internal storage, boot in old TWRP, click install, click install image, select image. And then: boot, recovery or system image? Which one to choose?
For flashing TWRP image choose recovery partition...

Last edited:
After flashing nougat on Mi5 i ended up with a brick device. No power no led no fastboot no recovery no nothing.
I managed to bring the phone back to life and now i will try the procedure again. One thing i do not understand.
What is it actually mean in the first post - NEVER wipe /system partition manually in your life!
What if i need to wipe system to flash another rom in the future? What will i have to do then? Is it the fact that i wiped everything that turned my phone into brick the first time?

Please if anybody knows fill me in. Thanks.

Mi Max Pro here, all good if anyone was wondering. Security patch is up to date 01/12/2016.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I installed Nougat without any problem. I UPDATED the TWRP Already few days ago and then it took was Install the zip package of the Roma eu 6.12.8 without cleaning the system, but only cache / Dalvik AFTER the flash.
The brick Problems were encountered (from What I could understand) for those who installed the Roma coming from custom rom (for example those coming from CM) or What They Done Clear the cache / data / system

No serious bugs found so far.
Wifi working perfectly. working data connection.

the status bar is not colored with SOME MIUI application.

For the rest all right SEEMS Turn it. Consumption In The Next we will see the day.

EDIT: MIUI Global Forum App do not install.
nor from Playstore, nor by apk

Last edited:
For Mi5, follow these steps exactly to be sure you install Android 7 correctly WITHOUT BRICKING YOUR PHONE!!

1. Place TWRP 3.0.2-3 image on your internal storage together with the ROM by using your USB cable.
2. Reboot in old version of TWRP: reboot and hold power+volume up until you see TWRP screen.
3. Hit install.
4. Hit install image.
5. Select image from step 1
6. Select Recovery partition and then swipe to confirm.
7. Reboot a few times in TWRP (so repeat step 2) and make sure you run the correct version of TWRP 3.0.2-3.
8. Hit install.
9. Select the ROM you put on your internal storage in step 1.
10. Swipe to confirm.
11. After confirmation, click Wipe cache/dalvik.
12. Swipe to confirm.
13. Reboot system and let ROM install.
14. Done!

I hope this is useful for Mi5 users because these are the exact steps I took to install Android 7 and I had no bricks :)

I have a redmi 4 pro with 6.12.1 i download the rom several time with differenti server. md5 chek passed... but when i try to flash from updater it say to reboot but nothing happen... With twrp i have the corrupted file error?!?

Last edited:
The camera app is messed up with this build... All captured images with the device from the main camera turns upside down when viewed in the gallery.. does anyone has the same problem as mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.