MIUI 8.2 6.12.8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somone with Redmi Pro to share impressions with this rom? Battery life, other fixes, patches etec.

Redmi Pro successfully flashed from 6.11.24. Battery performance is excellent (60℅ left for 16 h 25 m on battery including sleep time on battery saver setting) and no abnormal drainage during cell standby
IMG_20161210_074636.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.MTR
Mi 5 Pro user here. I get a blank screen after selecting Data Usage in Settings. Is anyone else experiencing the same symptom?

cd43c2349678f245f56ed990b802c21a.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Question to only those who bricked their Mi5
After you unbrick your phone, have you tried again? If yes and success, could you share?

From what I read the whole thread, those who brick and success are using same steps.
Maybe, the rom is not yet fully compatible with all models?

I've successfully unbrick mine, but still not want to try again soon. will wait for more mature rom or a clear root cause why.

Well, I can see a very important performance boost, it's great. I noticed that the phone is NOT vibrating if a notification comes up. I've been trying for a while but it doesn't vibrates, vibration from keyboard works and some others stuff too, it's notifications related.
Also, if I expand the WhatsApp notification there's a button to reply, but it doesn't works.

Fixed after a reboot but notification doesnt come to MiBand 2 using MiFit App

Last edited:
After having some issues with mobile network took too long to connect and sim card sometimes not recognized when dirty flash 6.12.8 on top of 6.11.10 on my mi5, I tried to roll back to 6.11.10 but encountered a bootloop then flashed back the 6.12.8 until finally decided to clean flashed.

After a factory reset on twrp then directly flashed 6.12.8 and supersu sr5 without wiping system I no longer have any issue with mobile network nor sim card detection, it feels way smoother than MM and no issue except the known one.

Definitely I would recommend a clean flash if you are mi5 user. It takes sometime to reconfigure your apps & settings but it was all worth it.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

After flashing nougat on Mi5 i ended up with a brick device. No power no led no fastboot no recovery no nothing.
I managed to bring the phone back to life and now i will try the procedure again. One thing i do not understand.
What is it actually mean in the first post - NEVER wipe /system partition manually in your life!
What if i need to wipe system to flash another rom in the future? What will i have to do then? Is it the fact that i wiped everything that turned my phone into brick the first time?

Please if anybody knows fill me in. Thanks.
ROM installation script does all necessary for you..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

-Proximity sensor don't work.
-Themes don't load anything: Wi-Fi connected.
-Some times, apps closed when use Bluetooth: Gear S2 disconnect and Poweramp close meanwhile listen music.
-GPS fail underground.

My device fell on the home screen and I had to install the ROM again. Until now, all right.

Redmi Note 2.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

For Mi5, follow these steps exactly to be sure you install Android 7 correctly WITHOUT BRICKING YOUR PHONE!!

1. Place TWRP 3.0.2-3 image on your internal storage together with the ROM by using your USB cable.
2. Reboot in old version of TWRP: reboot and hold power+volume up until you see TWRP screen.
3. Hit install.
4. Hit install image.
5. Select image from step 1
6. Select Recovery partition and then swipe to confirm.
7. Reboot a few times in TWRP (so repeat step 2) and make sure you run the correct version of TWRP 3.0.2-3.
8. Hit install.
9. Select the ROM you put on your internal storage in step 1.
10. Swipe to confirm.
11. After confirmation, click Wipe cache/dalvik.
12. Swipe to confirm.
13. Reboot system and let ROM install.
14. Done!

I hope this is useful for Mi5 users because these are the exact steps I took to install Android 7 and I had no bricks :)

Confirmed. I did exactly the same procedure on two mi5 phones. Both working fine and no issues whatsoever. Follow the procedure precisely and you'll be ok.

Reactions: socratesbrussels
On last weeks update for ido - sync didn't work anymore, gmail blue mail and mymail all wouldn't sync unless I opened and checked manually.
also xMIUI - AOSP icons revert to the small colourful standard ones.

The xMIUI issue isn't a big deal but the sync kind of is... is that fixed this week please?
I think I may revert to 6.11.24 otherwise

I was thinking, maybe battery&performance - manage apps' battery useage

I have this on, always have no problems, I "choose apps" to ensure certain ones stay on, i'll try adding email apps to this but fear it might harm battery life

Last edited:
I froze search using Titanium Backup, and swipe up takes me directly to google. Possible workaround until it is fixed.
Thanks for the tip. This way the swipe up works, but the search box in status bar is still unusable. As a temporary workaround it may do its job although i don't like google search at all vs. miui quick search box.
Thank you again and let's hope ti find a fix for this or next release.

Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (kate) via tapatalk

Question to only those who bricked their Mi5
After you unbrick your phone, have you tried again? If yes and success, could you share?

From what I read the whole thread, those who brick and success are using same steps.
Maybe, the rom is not yet fully compatible with all models?

I've successfully unbrick mine, but still not want to try again soon. will wait for more mature rom or a clear root cause why.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/338453

< Mi4 LTE 3/16 gb >

A fill bugs of mi5: first the search bar of the contract, when you enter for the first time all is OK, but after first searching is moved up. Facebook bug all post are too large and sometimes unreadable.With the previous version all was fine. Camera bug if change same parameters like sharing after first shot camera app is closing automatically(no connection with the app)
c2cffa64b0bbcb058ea702a72f9c9770.jpg
138fd2a5a9d81b374a37e19a3a4586f9.jpg
9e5148b55fac905ce00b0f3711a62a58.jpg

Изпратено от моят MI 5 с помощта на Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.