MULTI 6.4.7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Xiaomi locked Redmi Note's 3G Bootloader? If yes, from which version/ROM this started to happen?

I don't care though am on Xiaomi.eu ROM 6.3.31 with TWRP by @ingbrzy which means I have an unlocked bootloader! :D

Reactions: Stefano131270
@Michael_K we were talking about MTP disabled in previous thread. I found the cause and the solution: we disabled MTP on notification area when USB was connected, that is why it is disabled and unfortunately the setting is unreachable to reenable again. I found an app for it and now it works: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.vincze.usbsettings

Thank you for feedback. But as I wrote in my post this app ('MIUI USB Settings') does not help. It does not recognize PC connection. I think USB connector on my RN2 is damaged. I ordered a new USB / Microphone board to replace it. Hope this will bring USB data connection back....

Last edited:
Tried to update from 6.3.24 to 6.4.7 this evening, but want to make a backup first. PC Suite can't make a backup, says ROM-Version (6.3.24) is too old. What to do?
Why don't you use TWRP to backup phone? I do a backup with this always before installing new rom. So I can easy go back to previous rom if update does not work.

Did Xiaomi locked Redmi Note's 3G Bootloader? If yes, from which version/ROM this started to happen?

I don't care though am on Xiaomi.eu ROM 6.3.31 with TWRP by @ingbrzy which means I have an unlocked bootloader! :D
To install the ROM eu, the bootloader must be unlocked. The ROM .eu not block the bootloader.

Reactions: CyNote
Found a bug, but don't know if it's translation (pt-pt) or generic bug... On the pulldown shadow menu, date number is doubled (repeated):
ca19ac8b14f3ae90a892127e30ddf571.jpg

Enviado do meu Redmi 2 (2014813)
Report to PT-PT repository..

~Tapatalk Mi4c~

Why don't you use TWRP to backup phone? I do a backup with this always before installing new rom. So I can easy go back to previous rom if update does not work.
You can go to Settings>Additional settings>Backup & reset> Local backups and click on Back up ( System,Apps,Accouts & contacts).After flashing you can restore this again. Do not wipe system!!!!

RN2 prime - tapatalk

So, is there any more method to restore recovery?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Flash TWRP (try 2.8.7 if 3.0.0 not working) via fastboot and after flashing type fastboot reboot (enter) hold the volume + and wait the MI logo and after 10 seconds release vol.+ and you are in TWRP

RN2 prime - tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for that update. No problem with Redmi Note LTE (English).

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

Hi i am having several problema with WiFi, the signal is weak, and the download speed is lower than other phones that use the same WiFi connection. Mi4c

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: mendocino
Also tonirai is italian as we. But we are not at school........... Go Stefano You are very kindly on xiaomi.eu and miui.it
I know that, but my correction had a constructive purpose - written like that, it seemed he was asking, instead of giving the answer (which was a right answer).

Enviado do meu Redmi 2 (2014813)

You can go to Settings>Additional settings>Backup & reset> Local backups and click on Back up ( System,Apps,Accouts & contacts).After flashing you can restore this again. Do not wipe system!!!!

RN2 prime - tapatalk

The MIUI local backup deletes settings/data for some apps during backup.

The MIUI local backup deletes settings/data for some apps during backup.
...and miui local backup process also delete all existing accounts like Google, Facebook... etc.
It is known issue for a long time.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
Yes, i just finished and it's working :)
I did a local backup in sd card, flashed version 6.3.3 with Miflash, you can find Miflash and the fastboot rom here:

Flashed TWRP 3.0.0-1 with Updater app
then update to EU 6.4.7 and restored from backup.
Everything seems ok :)
Cheers

Gave this a go and it works! It didn't go 100% smoothly - flashboot 6.3.3 fine, full wipe, flash EU 6.4.7, wipe cache, boot - all OK woohoo! But when I restored my data via TWRP the wifi radio wouldn't switch on. Reflashed a couple of times, still no wifi so restored data via titanium backup one app at a time - painful but all sorted now. Thanks for the tip vire74!

Reactions: vite74
Dear All, I am new one to Xiaomi "world". Please advise which ROM is the latest from that "stable" list. There is over 20 ROMs in that folder. As advised I requested unlock bootloader code from Xiaomi for which I am still waiting. I would appreciate your advise on ROM selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.