MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo, is the cancro mi3/mi4 rom valid for LTE or is compatible only for WCDMA (3G) terminal?
Thank you

Sadly I can confirm this, too

HM2XTDPro_6.6.17_v8-5.1 does not work on Redmi 2 2014813.

It gets stuck on the bootscreen with white MI logo ( MI logo, with android and dots and line at the bottom which is filling ). I waited 8 hours, its resetting sometimes, but still stuck in same step. phone gets bloody hot after hours... I used updater.

Anyone can give me a suggestion what to do now? :(

Last edited:

It gets stuck on the bootscreen with white MI logo ( MI logo, with android and dots at the bottom). I waited 8 hours, its resetting sometimes, but still stuck in same step. phone gets bloody hot after hours... I used updater.

I need a log from TWRP...

seems u can not live without MIUI 8 just like people can not live without calculator..
Noone forces people to flash miui8.
This rom is beta, which means there will be bugs and problems, calculator isn't priority and that type of apps.
Would be nice that before of flashing person read alittlebit about others feedback and then decide it to flash.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LEOHEART
I cant skip lock screen. Someone the problem? The point jumps out again.
87cbd2f79bd614a005c0e798b8661866.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 2 mit Tapatalk

Hello, somebody knows, why in the lock screen settings, 2 of the same item on the screen awakening?
From Redmi Note 3 (MTK).

Attachments

• IMG_20160618_120827.jpg
    IMG_20160618_120827.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: Itachi-senseï
I can confirm this.

HM2XTDPro_6.6.17_v8-5.1 does not work on Redmi 2 2014813. It gets stuck on the bootscreen with white MI logo (only MI logo, no android or dots at the bottom). This occurs even after a full wipe (dalvik/cache/data). Using TWRP 3.0.0

HM2XTD_6.6.17_v8-4.4 works fine on 2014813, so I guess we are stuck on MIUI8 KitKat for now.

I have redmi 2 4g aka 2014813/wt86047 miui8 lolipop version working without problems.
Advice:
Go to recovery wipe all partitions(system, data, internal memory).
Install rom, wipe cache, dalvik.

For me, after wipes could install without problems.

Reactions: xxxsongxxx
REDMI NOTE 2 PRIME

I am getting pretty frustrated with this ROM.

Here's what happened (all I flashed are beta's, no stables):

After flashing from updater app it got stuck on MI logo and running dots,

- I did factory reset from TWRP, same
- reflashed latest miui 7 from TWRP, factory reset, OK
- tried flashing miui 8 from TWRP, stuck on MI logo and dots again
- I did factory reset from TWRP, same, but now I let it run until this morning, because it was 3.30 am and believe it or not, I actually need some sleep.....
- now I have MIUI 8 running.

All this time I had no sim card in the phone, because i need to be connected..... So now I turned off the phone, inserted sim card and rebooted, and now it gets stuck on MI logo and dots AGAIN...... while miui 8 was already running! After 10 minutes I forced the phone to shut down, got inte TWRP and did factory reset, and now it booted up, installed it all google account etc.

Now it is runninig. When I reboot the phone now it seems to get stuck on the MI logo and dots yet again!

It should not take more then 30 seconds to boot now, does it???!!?

What more can I do to make it work??

Guys, please help me out here, I can't use this phone if this is how it works.

REDMI NOTE 2 PRIME

I am getting pretty frustrated with this ROM.

Here's what happened (all I flashed are beta's, no stables):

After flashing from updater app it got stuck on MI logo and running dots,

- I did factory reset from TWRP, same
- reflashed latest miui 7 from TWRP, factory reset, OK
- tried flashing miui 8 from TWRP, stuck on MI logo and dots again
- I did factory reset from TWRP, same, but now I let it run until this morning, because it was 3.30 am and believe it or not, I actually need some sleep.....
- now I have MIUI 8 running.

All this time I had no sim card in the phone, because i need to be connected..... So now I turned off the phone, inserted sim card and rebooted, and now it gets stuck on MI logo and dots AGAIN...... while miui 8 was already running! After 10 minutes I forced the phone to shut down, got inte TWRP and did factory reset, and now it booted up, installed it all google account etc.

Now it is runninig. When I reboot the phone now it seems to get stuck on the MI logo and dots yet again!

It should not take more then 30 seconds to boot now, does it???!!?

What more can I do to make it work??

Guys, please help me out here, I can't use this phone if this is how it works.
There are lot of problems in redmi 2 rom.. seems they have released without testing because Alpha Rom was not available for this device.. we have to wait for another couples of week to get it stable enough to use as daily driver.. till then i am back to MIUI 7.

Reactions: fordrwd4ever

It gets stuck on the bootscreen with white MI logo ( MI logo, with android and dots and line at the bottom which is filling ). I waited 8 hours, its resetting sometimes, but still stuck in same step. phone gets bloody hot after hours... I used updater.

Did you try to go from kiktak stable version to lolipop miui v8?
If yes, try to install firstly twrp for your device lolipop version, then wipe all partition ( system, data, internall) then install miui 8 lolipop.
Also you can first install previous last miui 7 lolipop weekend version, this way youll get latest twrp for you device.
And after restart to recivery wipe partition and install miui 8 lolipop beta.

Problem can be linked to installing through older twrp{you need latest twrp lolipop version own device version) which can be upgraded with latest weekend miui 7 lolipop version from previous thread. Or in partitions issues which can be solved by wiping al of them and then install.
Majority of people are stuck or have installed rom but have problems because of that.

Keynotes to install without problems: 1) have correct latest twrp 2) wipe all partitions not just dalvik, cache

Last edited:
OIh, and there's this:

I have to enter if I want to activate Google backing up my apps and all user stuff, but when I wipe all, and reinstall, I can't do a restore of all my apps. I have a Nexus 5 as well, stock android, and when I do the factory reset on the Nexus, Google automatically restores everything for me, not on the RN2.

WHY?!?

Updating the Hennesy version, but still updating now for 1 hour and 40 minutes... Normal or is something going wrong? See the MI logo on the screen and running dots above the word Android.

Last edited:
HM2014813 update from 5.1 to HM2XTDPro results in bootloop (wipe dalvik/cache/data).

Clean install in TWRP (wipe dalvik/cache/system/data/internal memory) works, but once the phone reboots also bootloop. First 3 dots with Android then bar that loads, and again, and again...

Going back to 4.4

HM2014813 update from 5.1 to HM2XTDPro results in bootloop (wipe dalvik/cache/data).

Clean install in TWRP (wipe dalvik/cache/system/data/internal memory) works, but once the phone reboots also bootloop. First 3 dots with Android then bar that loads, and again, and again...

Going back to 4.4
My is working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.