MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what a nightmare this is....

tried install via udater app.
tried update via twrp
tried update via twrp with clean install(factory reset,cleared cach,dalvik en data)

Finaly got it installed,but every time I power cycle my Phone it starts to reinstall by itself and gets stuck in a bootloop??

what is going on here?

Reactions: fordrwd4ever
HM2014813 update from 5.1 to HM2XTDPro results in bootloop (wipe dalvik/cache/data).

Clean install in TWRP (wipe dalvik/cache/system/data/internal memory) works, but once the phone reboots also bootloop. First 3 dots with Android then bar that loads, and again, and again...

Going back to 4.4
same for me!

this install is useless!

Using this rom, for now it´s working great. One thing i prefer from offical miui roms is the font, i dont like this small, boldy font. Is there i way to change it? Also, if i wanna go back from this rom to official miui8 developer rom is my bootloader be locked again? I just got unlocked today.

Can't move togles icons on combined mode
Yes you can, but it's tricky. Touch the item you want to move on the right (where you see the three dots thing) and from there swipe your finger to the left and slightly up or down, if you do it right it will move out and you can place it as you like.

It need to be fixed, but for now you have this workaround.

Can someone tell me where i find settings for Usage Access? In Miui 7 it was located in Settings>Privacy, but in Miui 8 its gone

Change wallpaper fc on mi4
Can't select ZEDGE for notification but only the media storage inside phone and some fc.
Rom is very nice but not stable yet

back to version 4.4 on my mi5
not able to get it to work even not doing clean install via twrp
this version needs a lot of work to get it stable.
at this moment unreliable.

No,
I installed all again (ROM and SuperSU), cleaned dalvik and cache - still no root (Mi4W) :(
I've installed all betas and alfas but this is the first time root has gone.
I updated Mi4W and installed root access (last supersu) and xposed framework and everything works flawless.

Reactions: Stefano131270
Have you got an explanation by someone? On my RN2 Prime the Camera application crashed and phone rebooted.... and that screen appeared to me :( No way to eliminate it :(
I booted on TWRP, cleaned cache and dalvik and restarted... and that screen disappeared
I think this beta rom has some bugs and need to perform a clean install to work properly.

Gửi từ Redmi Note 3 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Did you try to go from kiktak stable version to lolipop miui v8?
If yes, try to install firstly twrp for your device lolipop version, then wipe all partition ( system, data, internall) then install miui 8 lolipop.
Also you can first install previous last miui 7 lolipop weekend version, this way youll get latest twrp for you device.
And after restart to recivery wipe partition and install miui 8 lolipop beta.

Problem can be linked to installing through older twrp{you need latest twrp lolipop version own device version) which can be upgraded with latest weekend miui 7 lolipop version from previous thread. Or in partitions issues which can be solved by wiping al of them and then install.
Majority of people are stuck or have installed rom but have problems because of that.

Keynotes to install without problems: 1) have correct latest twrp 2) wipe all partitions not just dalvik, cache

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

I've tested using TWRP3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, and wiping all partitions. Still results in it being stuck on the boot screen. Definitely an issue with the rom.

fa0011985d2edf5a3b8c198afe364be7.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's a bit disappointing since the first MiUI7 EU ROM i had installed, scored 56.000.

4.4 mi5? Does it exist?
Well it's not perfect 100% ok but it's not far from stable I think. At least on my mi4
Surely it's more stable and better than cyanogen for example and cyanogen is developing since months and months...

I prefer this miui than previous one anyway, seems little more smooth, better ram management too.
I would prefer they rewrite the gallery app, the music app too, I'm using other app now because they're quite laggy and not very good but ok for now....

I've tested using TWRP3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, and wiping all partitions. Still results in it being stuck on the boot screen. Definitely an issue with the rom.
Can't confirm that. Because, yesterday after first initial instalation, did 2 more times instalation of this rom without any issues.
My successful way was: installed previous miui7 last weekend lolipop version(no stable version).
Rebooted to see if everything works. Used a litlebit because i needed a phone for few hours. After went in twrp, wiped all partitions: system, data, internal memory.
Reboted from twrp back to twrp and installed miui 8 lolipop version.
Deleted cache, dalvik.
Run miui.
After some testing of tweaks try another instalation with wiping same partition and it worked again.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

4.4 mi5? Does it exist?
Well it's not perfect 100% ok but it's not far from stable I think. At least on my mi4
Surely it's more stable and better than cyanogen for example and cyanogen is developing since months and months...

I prefer this miui than previous one anyway, seems little more smooth, better ram management too.
I would prefer they rewrite the gallery app, the music app too, I'm using other app now because they're quite laggy and not very good but ok for now....

back to miui 7

ur right it's not perfect,it is useless
not possible to get it to work.
getting in a bootloop after installing it and than power cycling it.
I have tried it all,clean install,even with all data removed and on latest TWRP version but it still will NOT work

it has been a common problem for many users so there seems to be a major bug in this version that needs to be looked at.

Change wallpaper fc on mi4
Can't select ZEDGE for notification but only the media storage inside phone and some fc.
Rom is very nice but not stable yet
Go to settings -> installed apps -> default apps and select MIUI as default launcher app. After that, you can change wallpapers and you can use the Themes app.

When you're done, set back the launcher app to Nova/Apex/...

check cross platform xperia development and themes for my mod its universal
i have my own mod for installing xperia apps from playstore without altering system in any way
and i also have expanded notification thanks to xmiui 0.1.2 by solarwarez
anyway expanded or not look how badly colored it appears i wish someone fixes this
on stock miui apps they are correctly colored though

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-18-13-24-05-481_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-18-13-24-05-481_com.miui.home.png
    258.9 KB · Views: 280
With Redmi 3 IDO
is posible install 6.6.16 miui 8 over 6.5.26 Miui7 with only wipe cache/davil cache not lost any data?

Thanks

back to version 4.4 on my mi5
not able to get it to work even not doing clean install via twrp
this version needs a lot of work to get it stable.
at this moment unreliable.

back to miui 7

ur right it's not perfect,it is useless
not possible to get it to work.
getting in a bootloop after installing it and than power cycling it.
I have tried it all,clean install,even with all data removed and on latest TWRP version but it still will NOT work

it has been a common problem for many users so there seems to be a major bug in this version that needs to be looked at.

I'm running Miui 8 since yesterday on my mi5, working flawlessly so far. No crashes nor bugs.

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.