MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Maybe my question will be silly, but...

I come from Miui France.org, so I've the latest mi2/s miui 7 rom, 7.6.5.26, dev china(1 system, unified 32go rom memory), translated in french only.
I want to upgrade my rom to your latest miui8 multi, and it seems I can't do it by the updater app, or with mi stock recovery
So Before I start a nuclaer issue with my device : can i make it by flashing trwp with the updater app, and update and then install your rom ? Will I have to wipe datas, cache or anything ?
Same question for my daughters redmi1s, which is in latest official Miui 7 global stable.
Thank you for your help !

Are you using soft touch function to return at home? Or do you push completely home button?

Sent by Mi5 64GB
I've enabled soft touch , may it be that in my mind I think to press the button but the device just recognizes the soft touch press?

Or the exact contrary...

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Another possible bug in Mi5:
-when scanning a QR code with the camera app it detects the code but when you press view details it doesn't redirect you to any page. I had to use the scanner app and it worked fine.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Nice job, MIUI 8 is great but now I can't change time to screen to power off, since battery profiles don't exist anymore

Hello. Maybe my question will be silly, but...

I come from Miui France.org, so I've the latest mi2/s miui 7 rom, 7.6.5.26, dev china(1 system, unified 32go rom memory), translated in french only.
I want to upgrade my rom to your latest miui8 multi, and it seems I can't do it by the updater app, or with mi stock recovery
So Before I start a nuclaer issue with my device : can i make it by flashing trwp with the updater app, and update and then install your rom ? Will I have to wipe datas, cache or anything ?
Same question for my daughters redmi1s, which is in latest official Miui 7 global stable.
Thank you for your help !
All needed wipes are made by the script so you don't need anything else, in your case flashing a dev rom with a date later than 5.26 won't need a factory reset, normally you won't have problems changing from your current ROM to 6.6.16.

Regards

Thanks for the update
Hermes prime dirty installation without issues the only thing is excess heating and overdraining battery really big issue !

In my opinion the only bug is about the Home button. Unlock is very slow and sometimes doesn't work well tap to go on home. MI5

Reactions: hybris22
Dirty flash on redmi 3. I'll give feedback. right now i confirm lag in the purification of recent applications, no Mi remote, reading mode seems not working

Last edited:
All needed wipes are made by the script so you don't need anything else, in your case flashing a dev rom with a date later than 5.26 won't need a factory reset, normally you won't have problems changing from your current ROM to 6.6.16.

Regards
Thank you for your quick answer ! ! But it's necessary to flash twrp ? Those multi rom canot be installed with mi recovery ?
Maybe I can just use updater app, as I always do ?
I've tryed flashing trwp using updater app, as said in the first post, but it does'nt work, I still have mirecovery

Last edited:
hey i am fresh user so please try to understand me
i got some question. I unlocked my MI5 and installed a new ROM from this forum (MiFlash_xiaomi.eu_gemini_V7.2.13.0.MAACNDB_6.0.zip). How to install TWRP (or go to TWRP mode) and install a new MIUI 8?

Thank you for your quick answer ! ! But it's necessary to flash twrp ? Those multi rom canot be installed with mi recovery ?
Maybe I can just use updater app, as I always do ?
I've tryed flashing trwp using updater app, as said in the first post, but it does'nt work, I still have mirecovery
I guess you must flash twrp via fastboot and then fullwipes and install multi

With gemini (mi5) I've a strange visual aspect of google maps indications.

The indication in the notification shade are truncated.
Note: black boxes are added to protect my personal data.

2016-06-21.jpg

Reactions: weret
Status
Not open for further replies.